Cascade on Clyde - Cranbourne East

Guest theturnerclan

Guest theturnerclan

We have seen a plot of land on the Cascade on Clyde which is a good sized plot for a what seems to be a reasonable price but not too sure of the area; Cranbourne East - does anyone have any advice?

cheers in advance....

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi

Cranbourne East is really booming at the minute and there are some lovely estates popping up, the Hunt Club is very popular with expats. Cascade on Clyde is another area that is in demand, especially from your first home buyers. Another estate that is quite nice is the Sierra in Cranbourne North on the edge of Narre Warren South and then you have Settlers Run in Cranbourne South.

If you are building it may be worth joining this newsgroup Home Renovation & Building Forum • View forum - Building A New House

You can contact other people who are buying in the area and find out more about the land you are purchasing ie what soil and slab class it is and if it will cost you any extra etc.

Good luck, it must be a very exciting time for you.

Kate

Guest theturnerclan

cheers Kate.... give me something to think about...... I'll have a look at the link too

• 1 month later...
Guest haysgood

Hi there,

Type in 'Brookland Green Methane Leak' into Google - it may give you some idea why the land in Cascases on Clyde is so cheap! Cascases in only a km or two from where there was a massive methane leak last year - a site was not maintained properly by the gov and people in the area are having huge problems selling their houses (even a year after the leak). You may also have problems lending money from a bank to buy in that area (I have been told that by our mortgage advisor!).

Hayley

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi there,

Type in 'Brookland Green Methane Leak' into Google - it may give you some idea why the land in Cascases on Clyde is so cheap! Cascases in only a km or two from where there was a massive methane leak last year - a site was not maintained properly by the gov and people in the area are having huge problems selling their houses (even a year after the leak). You may also have problems lending money from a bank to buy in that area (I have been told that by our mortgage advisor!).

Hayley

Oh dear Hayley

Talk about scaremongering. For a start the Cascade on Clyde estate is in Clyde North so not in Cranbourne and secondly it is approx 10km from Stevenson Road landfill that caused the Brookland Green scare not the 1km or 2km you have stated!!!!

The Brookland Green Methane Leak only affected 2 or 3 streets around the Stevens Road area on that estate and the rest of the estate was considered safe. They put monitors in to 277 homes, so they could keep an eye on the siutation. It did not affect any other parts of Cranbourne let alone a different suburb 10km away, :no:in fact Cascade on Clyde is closer to Berwick than the Brooklands Green Estate.

I agree that unfortunately all Brooklands Green Estate was associated with the leak and the property prices on the estate did drop when it happened over a year ago. However, people have now forgot and property is moving very fast on the estate, both sales and in rentals.

There have been many things put in place to control and monitor the leak and they are starting preliminary works for the construction of a deep wall. The deep

wall is designed to be a barrier to the movement of water and landfill gas between the closed landfill and the adjoining streets. It is considered to be the most effective and cost beneficial method of substantially reducing the possible further migration of methane.

The deep wall will be constructed along the western and northern boundaries of the closed landfill. It will be approximately 830 metres in length, 0.5 metres wide and will vary in depth from 17 metres to 35 metres. The wall will also have 50 metre returns on

the southern and eastern boundaries to further improve site containment.

I cannot understand why you were advised that you wouldn't get a mortgage for the Clyde area or any other area in Cranbourne but I can assure you it is nothing at all to do with the methane leak. In fact I personally know of 6 first home buyers who have recently borrowed and moved on to the Brookland Green Estate and there are quite a few PIO members that have bought on the Hunt Club estate and nobody else has had a problem with getting a mortgage.

Cranbourne is a very up and coming suburb with lots of new housing developments, in fact prices have risen dramatically compared to what they were a few years ago and they are set to continue rising.

Archived