The All New Fishing Thread

Guest Working to fish

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I enticed Clarrie the cod with the frame of a 51 cm spotty mackerel this morning.

2122013001_zpsc988de3a.jpg

He got the frame, we have the fillets.fishing1.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Typically boring Australian fishing!

I am still getting the hang of fishing. I randomly bought some of those rubber bate things. Are they any good?

Soft plastics= SPs. Some people believe they are very good, some people can't get the things to work. Depends on what one is fishing for, I suppose.

A 95 cm barra taken on a soft plastic.

2742012006.jpg

One important thing...keep them in the plastic bag they were originally in. Some plastic containers do 'melt' when the SPs are put in them.

Cheers, Bobj.

• 2 weeks later...
Typically boring Australian fishing!

Do you know, there are some on here who actually think that and say that UK fishing is better?

Funny thing is, not one of them has ever posted material to prove their point.

I'd call 'em dick'eads...but I'm not allowed to use that term.nono.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest Ptp113
Do you know, there are some on here who actually think that and say that UK fishing is better?

Cheers, Bobj.

I do too, but there are rules here for 'mods mates' and rules for 'others'. I'm an 'other' so this probably won't get up.

Cheers, Bobj.

I think UK fishing is better....I don't have to 'prove' it...It is my opinion. I prefer fishing where you actually have to think about what you are doing and involves some skill.

If you prefer to 'chuck it and chance it' I suppose you would prefer it here

I think UK fishing is better....I don't have to 'prove' it...It is my opinion. I prefer fishing where you actually have to think about what you are doing and involves some skill.

If you prefer to 'chuck it and chance it' I suppose you would prefer it here

fishing.gif

whistling.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Not a very productive session this morning, only 4 bream, 4 moses perch, 1 bluey and 1 marbled rock cod, a tiny but nasty member of the scorpion fish family.

Marbledcoralcod.jpg

Watched this night heron stalk the rocks for tiny crabs etc.

2282012002.jpg

Cheers, Bob.

When we move I am going to encourage my boy to take up fishing- used to think of it as a boring waste of time but I always love Bob's pics & would love to be his apprentice !

When we move I am going to encourage my boy to take up fishing- used to think of it as a boring waste of time but I always love Bob's pics & would love to be his apprentice !

Boring waste of time??? Maybe in the UK...bigemo_harabe_net-163.gif

Boring_zpseb6d315f.jpg

Been thinking too much, better lie down for a few hours.:wink:

Crapbivvy_zpsd1585b6c.jpg

Cheers, Bobj.

Anyone got maggots? Will stick to cold beers and complaining about the fishing being poor because so many dolphins are playing in fornt of you-). Had enough of reels frozen solid and no feeling in fingers and toes in the Uk.

You get them in the dustbins here , flies blow on owt , I saw a packet of frozen maggots in a tackle shop fridge , about 30 for about 5 bucks, they went under the name "wogs" , could get a pint of them for 75 cents

Anyone got maggots? Will stick to cold beers and complaining about the fishing being poor because so many dolphins are playing in fornt of you-). Had enough of reels frozen solid and no feeling in fingers and toes in the Uk.

Have not seen maggots sold in Australia in the last 50 years; not that I looked, anyway. Plenty of other baits etc to entice the fish.

Cheers, Bobj.

• 10 months later...
I know where there is a nice Savage :wink: ,lol, i think its painted in fish repellent though.

Cal x

I know where there is another and it is successful.:tongue:

Have to downsize to a 3.6 m with a 10 hp donk 'cos mine is too heavy at the ramp in an off shore breeze.

Cheers, Bobj.

Thinking about a new boat bobj got any ideas

What fishing? Sea, or freshwater? If sea, a 5m Quinnie centre console and a 70 hp donk would be ok. If freshwater, a Quinnie hornet and 40 hp donk would be good, as they have a stable casting platform.

What happened to the beaut project boat you made, Eddie?

Cheers, Bobj.

Archived