Anyone primary teachers who have a job in Victoria? Help needed please...

sallyandkev

Hi There

I am a primary school teacher with 10 years experience. I have full VIT registration. Have applied for about 10 jobs on the government website, answered all the KSC carefully and each time have received a rejection email. :arghh:

Would like to know where I am going wrong? Is there anyone who has actually gone through this process and been offered an interview, or indeed a job?

Advice please..been trying for 6 months now!:arghh:

thanks Sally

Just wanted to give you some :hug: Getting a permanent primary placement can be very hard - I have a very well qualified and experienced friend who couldnt get a job in Ballarat and was only managing a very short term contract at a private school the last time I spoke to her. Sadly there are loads of teachers all vying for the "nice" places and unless you know someone who can get your foot in the door with a contract in an out of the way place you will find it hard. Dont take it personally - one thing is that your 10 years experience will make you a more expensive option than a first year out teacher (that was my friend's problem). If you can do some volunteer "helping" work at a few local schools that may get you known, otherwise put your hand up for relief anywhere within 100km and see what comes up.

Ask for feedback on your rejections as well - can be a bit confronting but if you are making a boo boo that you can fix, better to fix it with a little loss of face than keep making the boo boos.

It's a difficult situation no matter which state you are in at the moment. Good luck!

Archived