I am looking forward to...

Guest Impatient

Guest 0405delboy
don't think i'll ever understand you women:eek:

Agreed, like a rubiks cube to a man with no hands.

:nah:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mel.R
Wierd. I want to be an Aussie, want to find it is all I dream of and live the life as an Aussie. Personally I would never support England once I get there (I rarely do now). Anyone who thinks I should is barking mad. I don't get this fundamental link to the place our parents happened to live in when they gave birth to us. Home is where we chose to make it. Aussie passport as soon as possible, don't renew the British one and start enjoying wearing green and gold....

You have a good way of wording things and a good attitude. We too are looking forward to our move over and embracing a whole new culture. We are going to go and watch Adelaide United play football and it's loads cheaper than the Hammers!!!!!

Mx

You have a good way of wording things and a good attitude. We too are looking forward to our move over and embracing a whole new culture. We are going to go and watch Adelaide United play football and it's loads cheaper than the Hammers!!!!!

Mx

There probably better as well:biggrin:

:biglaugh:

Im only joshing btw! ive got a soft spot for the hammers tbh,proper club and fans,stayed in bristol in a hotel before cardiff final 06 with a load of hammers,had a ball with them!and you were very unlucky in the final that day.

Guest Mel.R
Im only joshing btw! ive got a soft spot for the hammers tbh,proper club and fans,stayed in bristol in a hotel before cardiff final 06 with a load of hammers,had a ball with them!and you were very unlucky in the final that day.

Yeah bad result but good final

Mx

Yeah bad result but good final

Mx

It was a great day,good banter,no trouble,dont know about supporting adelaide united tho??were going there ourselves,just come back from a reccie,GOT to get foxtel!!!killed me being there with no footy!!

Guest Impatient

LMAO, it is funny reading some of these replies. Why support the Aussies at cricket? Because I love cricket, have never felt tied to being English, aspire to be Australian (even if only in my own head - if the locals don't see me as that, I don't care!), and want to integrate in my way. Same way I find it odd that immigrants from the sub-continent to the UK continue to support the country of their parents' birth. Neither is right or wrong and I defend everyone's right to support who they want, but I want to live my life as an Australian, in Australia - I have never wanted to be a Brit living abroad for the sun.

Thought it was odd I had so many replies!

LMAO, it is funny reading some of these replies. Why support the Aussies at cricket? Because I love cricket, have never felt tied to being English, aspire to be Australian (even if only in my own head - if the locals don't see me as that, I don't care!), and want to integrate in my way. Same way I find it odd that immigrants from the sub-continent to the UK continue to support the country of their parents' birth. Neither is right or wrong and I defend everyone's right to support who they want, but I want to live my life as an Australian, in Australia - I have never wanted to be a Brit living abroad for the sun.

Thought it was odd I had so many replies!

Like i said imp,it doesnt bother me but it will bother others,personally if someone asked me where i was from when i was in adelaide i said lpool,not england,as i say,im not nationalistic meself,as i say tho imp,each to their own mate,what i WOULD ask myself tho is........do the aussies WANT you to support them?will they EVER count you as an aussie no matter what paperwork/passport you hold?im not nationalistic here and i wont be in oz,im a scouser,thats it!

Being warm...Go to the Darwin

Learning the rules of Aussie Rules...There are no rules

Supporting the Aussie cricket team... Which one, girls, or boys? The girls are actually quite good.

Being able to afford a house for the size of family I want rather than deciding how many children I should have from the size of my house... Easy.

Drinking Aussie wine because I chose it from the vineyard rather than buying it from Tesco as a sad Aussie wannabe... All Australian wine is good...

Having a hot tub...Don't go to the Darwin, then

Needing to wear the Aussie sunhat I bought years ago...You might need a bigger one...Yours would have shrunk.

Spending time with my family doing simple things (beach, picnics) that they will remember for ever...Burn the snags, then, they'll remember that.

Being outdoors more than being indoors... Ahhh. Go back to the Darwin, then

Watching Mrs Imp's reaction at her first scary spider/snake etc...Holy Sh*t...

Having a great big stainless steel gas bbq (cliche, but don't care)...Definitely go to the Darwin, then.

Being comfortable being myself and not feeling I have to keep up with the Joneses... Don't go to Smelbourne, then.

Finding somewhere to call home, being happy, being the dad I want to be and then the grandad I wish my Dad could be...Ahhh Qld is the place...after the Darwin.

Watching my kids run away at 18 to work in Walkabout in London!!!:sad::sad:

Nothing new here, just nice to think about things like this every now and then!

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest Impatient
what i WOULD ask myself tho is........do the aussies WANT you to support them

Who cares what other people expect from me. I will support who I like, doesn't bother me either. I am moving because I want to go there and they want what I have to offer. How they consider me is their problem, but I will not be flying a Union Flag outside my house or wearing an England shirt...

Guest siamsusie

Who cares what other people expect from me. I will support who I like, doesn't bother me either. I am moving because I want to go there and they want what I have to offer. How they consider me is their problem, but I will not be flying a Union Flag outside my house or wearing an England shirt...

YouTube - Australian National Anthem - Advance Australia Fair Impatient enjoy your new country, it never fails to impress me:hug:

like i say imp,im not bothered personally,im just saying that for myself ......i couldnt support a nations national team if the people of that nation didnt see me as one of them,again.......each to their own mate,i follow lpool,im proud of being from lpool( except for our accent!!!)and i will defend my city to the hilt,,,I.E im not nationalistic!"Citylistic" maybe?,so in most ways i agree with you,BUT i couldnt personally start supporting australia,1 because as ive said.....im not nationalistic,2 because im never "realy" going to be classed as an aussie,and more importantly....3 because i dont want the aussies thinking im trying to kiss their arse by supporting their national team!but as i say ive no problem with your stance,you will know my house btw,no union flag flying outside,but there will be a liverbird flag!!!:yes:

Being warm...

Learning the rules of Aussie Rules...

Supporting the Aussie cricket team...

Being able to afford a house for the size of family I want rather than deciding how many children I should have from the size of my house...

Drinking Aussie wine because I chose it from the vineyard rather than buying it from Tesco as a sad Aussie wannabe...

Having a hot tub...

Needing to wear the Aussie sunhat I bought years ago...

Spending time with my family doing simple things (beach, picnics) that they will remember for ever...

Being outdoors more than being indoors...

Watching Mrs Imp's reaction at her first scary spider/snake etc...

Having a great big stainless steel gas bbq (cliche, but don't care)...

Being comfortable being myself and not feeling I have to keep up with the Joneses...

Finding somewhere to call home, being happy, being the dad I want to be and then the grandad I wish my Dad could be...

Watching my kids run away at 18 to work in Walkabout in London!!!

Australia may well be able to offer alot of wonderfull things but it wont I don't believe be able to change your personalty.

Don't understand what you mean by an Aussie wanabe. If I drink French wine does that make me a French Wanabe.

How long have you spent in the UK not being able to do simple things. You only have your self to blame if you chose not too.

If you try and keep up with the Jones in the UK what make's you think you'll not try to keep up with them in Australia.

John

Being warm...

1. Learning the rules of Aussie Rules...

2. Supporting the Aussie cricket team...

3. Being able to afford a house for the size of family I want rather than deciding how many children I should have from the size of my house...

4. Drinking Aussie wine because I chose it from the vineyard rather than buying it from Tesco as a sad Aussie wannabe...

5. Having a hot tub...

6. Needing to wear the Aussie sunhat I bought years ago...

7. Spending time with my family doing simple things (beach, picnics) that they will remember for ever...

8. Being outdoors more than being indoors...

9. Watching Mrs Imp's reaction at her first scary spider/snake etc...

10. Having a great big stainless steel gas bbq (cliche, but don't care)...

11. Being comfortable being myself and not feeling I have to keep up with the Joneses...

12. Finding somewhere to call home, being happy, being the dad I want to be and then the grandad I wish my Dad could be...

13. Watching my kids run away at 18 to work in Walkabout in London!!!

1. Tats easy, they wear hot pants and a wife beater shirt and kick the ball from one end to the other trying to get it through the biggest goal posts you ever saw.

2. Up to you but look forward to you answering my previous question.

3. Thats possible (don't know your finances) but you may have to be flexible on what suburbs you want to live.

4. Champagne houses eye up English vineyards | UK news | The Guardian The Vineyards of England and Wales - on www.English-Wine.com

5. Hot Tubs UK | Hot Tub Magazine & Spa Buyers Guide

6. Dont forget the full body SPF 50 suit, sunnies and zink on your nose (if you realy want to look like an aussie that is)

7. Essex summed it up perfectly.

8. Up to you but don't bank on it.

9. Thats worth its weight in gold:laugh:

10. You mean like the one the Joneses have?

11. see 10

12. Won't delve here (a bit personal i think)

13. Fcuk off we're full !!! (kidding)

:wubclub:

1. Tats easy, they wear hot pants and a wife beater shirt and kick the ball from one end to the other trying to get it through the biggest goal posts you ever saw.

2. Up to you but look forward to you answering my previous question.

3. Thats possible (don't know your finances) but you may have to be flexible on what suburbs you want to live.

4. Champagne houses eye up English vineyards | UK news | The Guardian The Vineyards of England and Wales - on www.English-Wine.com

5. Hot Tubs UK | Hot Tub Magazine & Spa Buyers Guide

6. Dont forget the full body SPF 50 suit, sunnies and zink on your nose (if you realy want to look like an aussie that is)

7. Essex summed it up perfectly.

8. Up to you but don't bank on it.

9. Thats worth its weight in gold:laugh:

10. You mean like the one the Joneses have?

11. see 10

12. Won't delve here (a bit personal i think)

13. Fcuk off we're full !!! (kidding)

:wubclub:

Aldo your a card.

Well isnt Australia a lucky country to have you making your home here!!!

They will be hanging out the banners and putting out the red carpet when you arrive.

Just because I decide to live in another country dosent mean i am not proud to be ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love my country of birth and to think of supporting any other country in sport is laughable :biglaugh: [ask any aussie you meet any where in the world ]

Have you ever been to aus?

If not you will probably not know that the streets are paved with gold

Life is one fantastic holiday in Australia

Cant wait for you to get here

If you are ever in Melbourne at the M.C.G

Dont call me

:no:

Guest Bexta
Well isnt Australia a lucky country to have you making your home here!!!

They will be hanging out the banners and putting out the red carpet when you arrive.

Just because I decide to live in another country dosent mean i am not proud to be ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love my country of birth and to think of supporting any other country in sport is laughable [ask any aussie you meet any where in the world ]

Have you ever been to aus?

If not you will probably not know that the streets are paved with gold

Life is one fantastic holiday in Australia

Cant wait for you to get here

If you are ever in Melbourne at the M.C.G

Dont call me

Jeez, back off a bit, will ya?!:wacko:

Impatient was just pointing out the things the HE is looking forward to doing. If he doesn't want to support England anymore (though he has already mentioned he doesn't really to begin with anyway) then he is absolutely bloody allowed to without having to be made to feel bad about it!

My OH is a Brit by birth but an Ozzie by heart and whilst he still loves his Glasgow Rangers, he is a keen West Coast Eagles supporter too. Neither of us care about cricket but he's darn-well glad that the Socceroos have made it through this round to get to the World Cup next year. And when Australia ever plays England, he's wearing the Green & Gold... just because he wants to.

(And also because it increases his chance of supporting a winning team...) :wink:

Lighten up a bit, let Impatient have his high hopes.

And when Australia ever plays England, he's wearing the Green & Gold... just because he wants to.

Or just because being a jock (even bigger chips than aussies:hug:) he will support anyone over the English...

Guest Impatient

Jeeezzzz, methinks there are lots of grumpy people out there. There was me expecting people to add to the list rather than tear mine apart. Feel sorry for those of you without similar dreams, after all, mine were pretty basic and totally acheivable.

People are really really funny. To briefly address some points, I have an opportunity to come ot and live my life a different way; hence things will be different, but this would not happen in the UK. My life in Aus will be different, and I look forward to it. Go and stamp on someone else's dream, mine is close to being a reality and I can't wait...

Guest Bexta
Or just because being a jock (even bigger chips than aussies:hug:) he will support anyone over the English...

LOL... Oh no, he's English alright, a Cockney, but with a Scottish Father and a Scouse Mother he loves his Rangers as much as he loves his, err, Curry 'n Chips? :err:

Jeeezzzz, methinks there are lots of grumpy people out there. There was me expecting people to add to the list rather than tear mine apart. Feel sorry for those of you without similar dreams, after all, mine were pretty basic and totally acheivable.

People are really really funny. To briefly address some points, I have an opportunity to come ot and live my life a different way; hence things will be different, but this would not happen in the UK. My life in Aus will be different, and I look forward to it. Go and stamp on someone else's dream, mine is close to being a reality and I can't wait...

Its great that you have dreams and aspirations and i'm also surprised you didnt get more people adding to the list but surely by posting then on a public forum you have to expect some opposing views. I think so far its all been a bit light hearted but also understand that the immigration process can make folk a little highly strung and defencive of all things Aussie. My tip would be to grow a thick skin because believe me what you get here on PIO is nothing to whats coming.:shocked:

Guest guest17301
Its great that you have dreams and aspirations and i'm also surprised you didnt get more people adding to the list but surely by posting then on a public forum you have to expect some opposing views. I think so far its all been a bit light hearted but also understand that the immigration process can make folk a little highly strung and defencive of all things Aussie. My tip would be to grow a thick skin because believe me what you get here on PIO is nothing to whats coming.:shocked:

Impatient..not everybody will have a bad experience and face hostility from Aussies, I'm here 5 months in and the people are no worse/no better than in the UK. People are people wherever you go, good uns and bad uns everywhere, maybe it's more about the individual concerned than the Aussies? Whad'ya reckon Aldo?:tongue:

Archived