I am looking forward to...

Guest Impatient

Guest Impatient

Being warm...

Learning the rules of Aussie Rules...

Supporting the Aussie cricket team...

Being able to afford a house for the size of family I want rather than deciding how many children I should have from the size of my house...

Drinking Aussie wine because I chose it from the vineyard rather than buying it from Tesco as a sad Aussie wannabe...

Having a hot tub...

Needing to wear the Aussie sunhat I bought years ago...

Spending time with my family doing simple things (beach, picnics) that they will remember for ever...

Being outdoors more than being indoors...

Watching Mrs Imp's reaction at her first scary spider/snake etc...

Having a great big stainless steel gas bbq (cliche, but don't care)...

Being comfortable being myself and not feeling I have to keep up with the Joneses...

Finding somewhere to call home, being happy, being the dad I want to be and then the grandad I wish my Dad could be...

Watching my kids run away at 18 to work in Walkabout in London!!!

Nothing new here, just nice to think about things like this every now and then!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest siamsusie
Being warm...

Being able to afford a house for the size of family I want rather than deciding how many children I should have from the size of my house...

Drinking Aussie wine because I chose it from the vineyard rather than buying it from Tesco as a sad Aussie wannabe...

Having a hot tub...

Spending time with my family doing simple things (beach, picnics) that they will remember for ever...

Being comfortable being myself and not feeling I have to keep up with the Joneses...

Finding somewhere to call home, being happy, being the dad I want to be and then the grandad I wish my Dad could be...

and may all your dreams comes true:hug:, but Tescos aussie wine is still cheaper than over there by a long shot, but buying from the vineyards is such a lovely feeling and some of the wine Estates are beautiful. One of my Aussie girlfriends who is a wine buff in Tassie drools over the prices of Tescos Aussie wines:biglaugh: ss x

Guest Mel.R
Being warm...

Having a hot tub...

Well said and seconded!!!!!!!

Mx

One of my Aussie girlfriends who is a wine buff in Tassie drools over the prices of Tescos Aussie wines:biglaugh: ss x
That's coz Tassie, as a whole, is expensive - the Bass Strait (between Melbourne and Devonport / Launceston) is supposed to be one of the most expensive stretches of water in the world - you can get really cheap wine on the mainland.

To the OP - with Aussie Rules Football, there ARE no rules. Remember that and you will absolutley LOVE the game, LOL.

Hope all your dreams come true.

Guest siamsusie

Kazzarazza, I actually find Tasmania exceptionally cheap, eating out is cheaper, cost of living is cheaper.We have a home in Tasmania but also OH lives and works in Karratha (exceptionally expensive for accomodation, but food, wine and daily life is no different when you take transporation into consideration. No Tasmania cost wise beats many of the states hands down I am afraid lol

Guest Squem

I'm looking forward to watching Neighbours Christmas episodes at Christmas instead of in March!!! ha ha ha of course i'm joking!!

I just can't wait to explore!! :) and see new things!!

Kazzarazza, I actually find Tasmania exceptionally cheap, eating out is cheaper, cost of living is cheaper.We have a home in Tasmania but also OH lives and works in Karratha (exceptionally expensive for accomodation, but food, wine and daily life is no different when you take transporation into consideration. No Tasmania cost wise beats many of the states hands down I am afraid lol

Compared to Karratha it would be - that's even more isolated than Tassie. I lived in Tassie for 3 years, owned a house, etc, etc and some things were more expensive in Devonport 14 years ago than they are now in Adelaide. Council rates for one - $1200 in Tassie in 1995 - $702 now in a very nice area of Adelaide. My favourite restaurant in 1995 - $30 per person - Grange Hotel tonight $20 for my excellant meal. I could probably write a very long list if I put my mind to it, these are just off the top of my head, but Tassie is not cheap to live in my experience.

Guest Impatient
You'l be in trouble saying your going to support the aussie cricket team!!!( unless your a scot i suppose)im amazed nobodys had a go at you yet

Wierd. I want to be an Aussie, want to find it is all I dream of and live the life as an Aussie. Personally I would never support England once I get there (I rarely do now). Anyone who thinks I should is barking mad. I don't get this fundamental link to the place our parents happened to live in when they gave birth to us. Home is where we chose to make it. Aussie passport as soon as possible, don't renew the British one and start enjoying wearing green and gold....

Guest siamsusie

Compared to Karratha it would be - that's even more isolated than Tassie. I lived in Tassie for 3 years, owned a house, etc, etc and some things were more expensive in Devonport 14 years ago than they are now in Adelaide. Council rates for one - $1200 in Tassie in 1995 - $702 now in a very nice area of Adelaide. My favourite restaurant in 1995 - $30 per person - Grange Hotel tonight $20 for my excellant meal. I could probably write a very long list if I put my mind to it, these are just off the top of my head, but Tassie is not cheap to live in my experience.
Kazzarazza, I am delighted you are happy in Adelaide. Tasmania is my husbands birth place and I was delighted to see and buy in the wonderful historical island. We are surrounded by friends and family which makes it a bonus for us. We find it cheap but everyone has a different conception of "cheap", anyway its not important if it feels right go for it and we have done.:hug:

Guest guest17301

You will love it Impatient...I can tell..Best of luck, not that you'll need it- you'll make your own x

Wierd. I want to be an Aussie, want to find it is all I dream of and live the life as an Aussie. Personally I would never support England once I get there (I rarely do now). Anyone who thinks I should is barking mad. I don't get this fundamental link to the place our parents happened to live in when they gave birth to us. Home is where we chose to make it. Aussie passport as soon as possible, don't renew the British one and start enjoying wearing green and gold....

Yeah no probs mate, im not nationalistic myself tbh,doesnt bother me if people are tho either,just that im not. it doesnt bother me who you support ,im just saying that "normally" anyone who says there going to support oz gets slated,lol!i have no REAL interest in national teams,i.e england footy team etc,i watch them simply because its footy tbh,At the same time i doubt very much if i will ever call myself australian?or if the aussies will call me austalian?each to their own i suppose.anyway ......good luck with everything

Guest 0405delboy
Yeah no probs mate, im not nationalistic myself tbh,doesnt bother me if people are tho either,just that im not. it doesnt bother me who you support ,im just saying that "normally" anyone who says there going to support oz gets slated,lol!i have no REAL interest in national teams,i.e england footy team etc,i watch them simply because its footy tbh,At the same time i doubt very much if i will ever call myself australian?or if the aussies will call me austalian?each to their own i suppose.anyway ......good luck with everything

Believe me, a lot of people go to Oz expecting to blend in Aussie and it gets brought to their attention, sharpish that theyre just another Pom. :policeman:

Im not knocking it, just sayin'!

Believe me, a lot of people go to Oz expecting to blend in Aussie and it gets brought to their attention, sharpish that theyre just another Pom. :policeman:

Im not knocking it, just sayin'!

Well thats what i would have thought tbh,i cant say obviously because i hav'nt lived there,but i have my doubts if the aussies would ever call you an aussie if your not born there??you and others who live there know more than me on that one,but personally i would be suprised if they classed me as an "aussie" because i had oz passport etc?In fact would they "want" you to support australia? none of it bothers me tbh mate,as you probably know im not arsed about the national team,neither do i follow cricket/rugby,so any flack i get re sport will be water off a ducks back.unless its lpool:yes:

Guest 0405delboy
Well thats what i would have thought tbh,i cant say obviously because i hav'nt lived there,but i have my doubts if the aussies would ever call you an aussie if your not born there??you and others who live there know more than me on that one,but personally i would be suprised if they classed me as an "aussie" because i had oz passport etc?In fact would they "want" you to support australia? none of it bothers me tbh mate,as you probably know im not arsed about the national team,neither do i follow cricket/rugby,so any flack i get re sport will be water off a ducks back.unless its lpool:yes:

Like the song goes: Come as you are!! :yes:

Being warm...

Having a hot tub...

OK, i'll pick up on the cricket thing:jimlad: Why are you so keen to support the aussies in cricket? Is it about (a) disdain for the English? (b) keen to fit in with the "natives" © aussie ancestry (d) You are Jock (e) None of the above. use the blank space below to tel us about this.

Guest siamsusie

Thought you were playing golf! and why shouldnt he? My husband works with a few poms, that cut their ties with the Uk, support Australia in every sense and to all intense and purposes they are Australians. Now how is your Spanish doing? and have you lost that dreadful accent yet?

Oh! and!

after clutching the Daily Telegraph's supplement to my not so ample bosom, why would i want to feel proud to be British?

Thought you were playing golf! and why shouldnt he? My husband works with a few poms, that cut their ties with the Uk, support Australia in every sense and to all intense and purposes they are Australians. Now how is your Spanish doing? and have you lost that dreadful accent yet?

Oh! and!

after clutching the Daily Telegraph's supplement to my not so ample bosom, why would i want to feel proud to be British?

why shouldnt he
no reason whatsoever, just asking thats all:confused:hope its ok..

My Spanish is crap but i make an effort and the Spanish appreciate that as for the accent, I never realy picked it up, i was only in QLD for 18 months:biglaugh:

Guest 0405delboy
no reason whatsoever, just asking thats all:confused:hope its ok..

My Spanish is crap but i make an effort and the Spanish appreciate that as for the accent, I never realy picked it up, i was only in QLD for 18 months:biglaugh:

I thought Siamese Susie was French and married to an Aussie.

Cant expect too much sympathy.

Guest siamsusie
I thought Siamese Susie was French and married to an Aussie.

Cant expect too much sympathy.

:biglaugh:

Being warm...

Having a hot tub...

Been watchin the ty progs then you get your wine from the bottleshops cleanskins or casks cheaper , Gayfl nuff said ( irish beat them at their own game , dont like to be told that) , outdoors more than indoors ,winter is winter cyclones ,floods , haillstones (proper ones that write cars off) keepin up with the joneses way of life here biggest telly and cars dont go there , ots agreat place we love it but to like it and eventually love it get that dream **** out of your head as it can bite your bum

Mally

narrowed it down to red wine for the ****s

Archived