Yipeeeee!!!...TRA 2nd Attempt SUCCESSFUL

Guest kimdownie

Guest kimdownie

WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,

Just to let all you peeps out there know that our TRA assessment has just been overturned!!!!! :v_SPIN: :biggrin: :jiggy: :biglaugh:

It just goes to show......If at first you dont suceed...

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Guest wardy

congratulations :jiggy:

Really pleased for you the next stage is so much easier although thw waiting is sure to send yo crazy :wacko:

Love

Kaye :wubclub:

Kim I know exactly how you feel at the moment. I hit such a low when I failed my teaching assessment first time and every hour spent studying for my masters was done purely to be successful second time round.

Good things really do come to those who wait and all the hard work makes the good things that bit more worthwhile.

WHOO HOO for you and Phil. TRA done, VIsa application next:wubclub:

Hope I got your OH name right!!!! LOL

Guest The.Colebecks

Just to let all you peeps out there know that our TRA assessment has just been overturned!!!!!

That's FANTASTIC news :yes:

Karen & Co xx

Guest brownfamily

I bet that was a big relief,well done!

What an example you are setting for others with you getting the original TRA decision over turned. Way to go!!!!:yes:

Heather

Guest kimdownie

Thanks Guys:wub:

We have had the visa application filled out and ready to send for months, just waiting for the skills assessment. Now its here we can send it all off and begin the even longer waiting game.

All the best things come to those who wait!!:yes:

Guest acbh2

Just to let all you peeps out there know that our TRA assessment has just been overturned!!!!! :v_SPIN: :biggrin: :jiggy: :biglaugh:

Congrats what great news you must be ecstatic

Andreaxx

Guest carla&trev

Hi Kim

Congratulations on passing! Do you mind if I ask you why you failed the first attempt and how did you go about overturning the decision?

Regards,

Carla

Guest kimdownie

hi Carla,

I have no problem people asking me why we failed because it may help people who are in the process of their TRA application.

Basically my OH is a qualified fridge/AC engineer with over 10 years in the trade, and now manages people within the trade. He has all his city and guilds certificates and everything required to classify him as qualified in this country. because of this we chose TRA skills pathway A as he did an official 4 year apprenticeship at college, with on the job training. To apply for pathway A, you only need to prove your apprenticeship and trade experience for 4 years so that is all we provided in addition to everything else they require.

Unfortunatly an apprenticeship in Australia City and guilds certificates are not adequate they require INDENTURES which were phased out before Phil qualified so we didnt have them.

If we had included 6 years proof of trade work experience our TRA assessor would of instinctively chosen pathway D (work experience) and we would of passed first time, but we didnt provide enough years references and proof of on the trade experience.

That is the reason we failed.

For our review we just returned the overview slip and additional payment with all the extra proof they required and we passed.

We did a stat dec to use as proof of his apprenticeship as well as all college notes and signed work training records to attempt pathway A again, this was still not enough to prove his apprenticeship so just to cover our backs we also gave them the required 6 years so they could use pathway D and for this we passed.

Cheers Kim

Guest franny22

thats brilliant news. You must be ecstatic. we are just gathering the information for ours. cant wait to be in your shoes. xxx:jiggy: :biglaugh:

Guest The.Colebecks
Thanks Guys

We have had the visa application filled out and ready to send for months, just waiting for the skills assessment. Now its here we can send it all off and begin the even longer waiting game.

All the best things come to those who wait!!

Looking forward to adding you to the April 2007 spreadsheet :yes:

K xx

Archived