Anyone out there on the Mornington Peninsula?

sallyandkev

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sally.....my apologies for hijaking your thread but thought this would be a good oportunity for me to do some networking and for some of you to come and meet some new people.

I have just started my own business selling homewares & jewellery. My silver jewellery is now here and I will be having a launch party at my house in Mt Martha, on tuesday the 7th july from 7pm.

If you are interested in coming along for a browse, a chat and a glass of wine then please pm me for details.

We are a friendly bunch as Sally I am sure will vouch, after meeting us all in style last saturday night ;-)

Hope to hear from some of you.

Thanks

Lesley

Yep...a lovely, friendly bunch...so don't be shy, ladies.!

Hope it is a big success, Lesley, see you Tues.

Sally x

:hug:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Julie Glenn

Hi, ive bin ere sice Dec 08, iam frm Bfd, W/Yorks iam not far from Mornington, I am not working too and iam 42 and v/bored during the day, i cud meet up 4 coffee if u like. Its like going back in time 4 me, cos I will av 2 bus it, no car, I left everyfng in the UK!! U poor fng avn broken bones already!!

Hi folks my husband and I and our 4 children are hoping to be moving to Mornington around the 28th July, my children are 2, 5, 9 and 11. We do have friends in Mornigon but would love to meet up with other people. I am a hairdresser so i am hoping to find work a few days a week, but would love to build up a freelance business what i do in the UK.

If there are any meetups please PM me Thanks

Tania X

Guest lynneandwayne

hi

we have been in mount martha now for 10 days i think it is, a bit lost on the time scale thing. we are in rented for 8 weeks (fully furnished) we have looked at other rentals but seem to be very expensive, so we are thinking of taking the plunge and just buying. we intend to stay here for the next two years no matter what!!! anyway... so we will just see... my children are 4 and 5 years. have looked at osborne primary and mt martha so need to have a tour and then decide. staying in mt martha at moment and really love the area. may buy in sefton grange!!! so far so good but very stressfull!! anyway. hubby starts work tomorrow at frankston high school and i have a job lined up a frankston hospital. hopefully meet people soon and have a social life once i actually have the time..

lynne,

Guest nejpinkett

Hi Lynn

We arrive in Melbourne on 12th Aug, will be staying out in the sticks for a few days and then coming to Mornington Mount Eliza to find a rental, hopefully find something soon. Is your husband a teacher? I notice he is going to work in Frankston High School? Both my husband and I are teachers. Did he find getting work easy? We have all the registration etc sorted. I am looking for work once I have the kids sorted in school and my husband is returning to the UK to work until Xmas so we have some money coming in. We hope that one of us will have work for the Jan start. My kids are Ollie who is 9 and Jessica who is 6. They are excited about coming but nervous at starting a new school. Hopefully there will be some meet ups. Let me know...

All the best Natalie

Guest nejpinkett

Hi Tania

Good luck with the flights. We will be flighing out on the 11th Aug and arrive 12th Aug. Staying with friends out in Gippsland. But will be looking for rentals in Mount Eliza or Mornington. We have 2 kids Ollie 9 and Jess 6. They are excited but nervous about starting a new school. Have you thought about any primary schools? Hopefully will be able to meet up for a coffee etc when we get sorted.

Natalie

Hi Lynne

Welcome to the forum, we are flying out on Tuesday morning, we will be staying in Mornington we have sorted a rental out for 3 weeks, until we can find something more long term, just need to sort out jobs for one of us now

Tania X

Hi everyone,

There seems to be a lot of wanting to meet up so why don't we arrange something???

Natalie, you are arriving on the 12th so lets make it after that. We could meet in Mornington which seems to be central for all and has some nice cafes. How about w/b 17th August. Anyone got days they can't do?

Natalie - any luck on the jobs front?

Sally x

Guest Carolm

Hi Sally

Hubby & me coming over to Berwick 11/12 Sep - would love to meet up. We are both in our 40's, no kids.

Carol

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Tam-and-Andi

Hi all,

I have just noticed all these posts about people wishing to meet people, so I hope you don't mind me dropping in.

I also posted on the one for Benton's community centre with kids, so hope you don't mind about that also.

We arrived here May 22nd 09, so not been here long.

We have made friends with one family through PIO before we came out here which are really nice but would also like to meet more people, the only problem I have is I find it difficult meeting and making new friends as I am quite a quiet person and find it hard to come out of my shell, but think if I got talking I should be OK if you could put up with me!!!

In my family there is me, Andi (Andrea) I qualified as a nail technician in February this year, my husband Tam who is a Carpenter and our two daughters aged 9 and 5. They have settled in really well, but to be honest I am feeling a little lost just now.

I would love to hear from you if anyone would be interested in me taging along some time for a chat.

Take care, hugs.

Andi.xx

Guest The Aston Family

Hi all i am moving to Mornington on the 5th October , hubby has been there for two weeks, when im over there id love to meet up with you guys for coffee and a good chit chat about rubbish,Or maybe Bordys idea is best i think the vino and no kids sounds great

Im a bit younger than you guys late 20s and we have a 2 year old. Vicky.

I am an anaesthetic technician but it will be quite difficult for me to get work in that area so i think i may try something new.

Hi Sally we are looking at another rental on friday at 1.30, so could only do around 12ish, then colin has got to take the hire car back at dandenong at 2.30 so i need to be picking the boys up from school, let me know if this is any use, i will be out and about today, cause we have to be moved out of this rental tomorrow morning.

Thanks Tania X

Guest nejpinkett1

Hi Sally

Thanks for the PM. My hotmail account has crashed so I can't get back into it, so I have now set up a new Poms in OZ account with my new email. If you could let me know where and when you are meeting for a coffee on Friday, I will try and make it. We have secured a rental in Mornington for 12 months, not quite what we wanted but clean and tidy and will do. We are still in Trafalagar at the moment and will get the keys for the property on saturday. We will probably come down to Mornington tomorrow as I have to try and now visit Mornington Primary School and gain access to the property for the gas and Electric company to connect it up. It has been a mad week and a bit. Hopefully hear from you.

Natalie

Guest lee02gsp

HI there, hope you dont mind me jumping on your thread. I have only just moved to Mornington this weekend, am 40 yrs old with two girls 7&2. Am lookin at getting my daughter into the good primary school - any suggestions?. Am hoping to join a few playgroups in the area. But would love to meet up with other mums for a chat and coffee before I get really lonely & want to go back home to my friends & family lee-ann

Guest Tam-and-Andi

Hi

Welcome to Mornington,

We arrived here 3 months ago on May 22nd and are still trying to find our feet, so don't worry.

You might want to pop along to Bentons community centre tomorrow at 1pm as they started a playgroup for people to meet each other. I am going for my first time tomorrow and taking my 5 year old daughter and I have met a couple of other mums who might be going from PIO who are lovely. Its just at Bentons Square where I am sure they will make you very welcome.

I have put my eldest daughter to Bentons Junior College and she loves it. They made her and us feel very welcome and she has settled in very well and made lots of new friends. It is quite a new school, about 6 years old and they are doing some developing to it just now.

I hope this helps a bit, and maybe if you have time we might see you at Bentons community centre tomorrow at 1pm.

Take care.

Andi.x

Guest lee02gsp

Hi Andi, not sure I will be able to make the meeting tomorrow, but will definitely do it next week and think it will be great way of meeting new people. Can see me going crazy if just stuck indoors with husband and two kids. Is Bentons community centre easy to find?

Re Bentons Junior College I keep hearing lots of good things about this school, so will give them a ring and have a look around. Will I have to live in their catchment area?

Thanks for your help

Rgds Leex

Guest Tam-and-Andi
Hi Andi, not sure I will be able to make the meeting tomorrow, but will definitely do it next week and think it will be great way of meeting new people. Can see me going crazy if just stuck indoors with husband and two kids. Re Bentons Junior College I keep hearing lots of good things about this school, so will give them a ring and have a look around. Will I have to live in their catchment area?

Thats the thing, they do like you to be in the catchment area for the school, as this is the problem I had getting her in as when we first arrived we were not in the catchment area in our temp rental, so we did not put her straight into school and waited the several weeks until we got the permanent rental sorted which was in the catchment area and then got her into the school.

Bentons Community Centre is in Bentons Square, very easy to find.

Hope this helps a bit.

Andi.xx

Guest nejpinkett1

Hi

Anyone meeting up for a coffee. I am now in Mornington on my own with 2 kids as hubby has returned to UK until Xmas. My kids have now started Mornington Primary school, so on my own most of the day, but would love to meet anyone who is in the same boat. I do have some CRT teaching work booked for the odd days, but most of the time I am around. I would love some adult company for a chat. :jiggy:

Let me know

Natalie

Archived