should we bye or rent????help please.

Guest BLOWERS

Guest BLOWERS

hi,we have lived in springwood(south brisbane)for the last 2 years but are now moving 2 redcliffe in 6 weeks,the thing is we have 200,000 from the sale of out unit,we dont know if we should invest it for 6 months and rent to see how we like it,or just put it straight into a house???any idea how u think the house prices will go in redcliffe over the nxt 6 months???i hate not knowing what to do...please help any 1...thanx...:twitcy:

To be honest lots of suburbs across Brisbane haven't been all that affected property sales wise, the first time buyers grant seems to be keeping things moving. Houses for sale above $500,000 seem to be taking longer to move but i haven't seen a rapid decrease in property prices anywhere.

If you have never lived in the area you are moving too and have no personal experience of the place i would be dubious buying straight away,, on the flip side,, if you buy within the next few months you will benefit from the full amount of the first time buyers grant.

Cal x

Guest guest30038

Like Cal says.

Try and benefit from the 1st homebuyers grant. Although there is a small risk that you may not like Redcliffe (unlikely) even if you do feel like another move, you can then rent the redcliffe home out, and rent somewhere else for yourself. Renting it out will get you into negative gearing as long as your mortgage + expenses is higher than your income from that rent. By not paying too large a deposit on your home and having a higher mortgage, your negative gearing will be higher (business loss offset against personal tax). It's a complicated scenario but an accountant would put you more into the picture than I can.

Homes are always a sound investment as long as you think long term........you have nothing to lose, and everything to gain if you buy............renting is always dead money unless you are also renting out to create a negative gearing scenario.

Good luck with it.

kev

When we first moved to Australia we bought a house within 2 weeks. We never regretted it and loved the area we lived in. I reckon that if things feel right for you straight away in Redcliffe you should keep your eyes open and if the perfect place comes up then buy and if not then rent for a while. Can you find a short term rental to stay in whilst you make up your mind?

Love

Rudi

x

Guest mum22

i have a short term rental that is available in murrumba downs.. about 10-15 mins drive from redcliffe. check out my post in the rentals section of the forum if youre interested! thanks

Archived