and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest guest17301

Bye for now....

Guest guest17301

Hey...

Decided I'm going to take a break from PIO for a while (at least from posting)

I've probably got better things to do and my family hate me being tied to the PC- got to give them a chance too...

I think there's a lot of politics on here (as always!) but it goes in peaks and troughs and seem to be peaking just now.

There's a lot of goading and nastiness and its easy to bite and get involved (I control it mostly but other times not so easy)...what a waste of time and energy....I think I'm losing sight of what the forum is good for...

I'll still be lurking from time to time and no doubt will be back to post in the future....Its just getting a bit much for now so I'll take time out I think.

Good luck to you all and catch up soon xxxxxxx:cool:

Such a shame Fiona, your posts have always been great and made interesting reading. I do agree with you though, sadly.

Hope you return soon.

Suexx

Sue (44) Steve (51) Scott (17) Bradley (9) Sophie (5)

Jake - Little Ozzie Angel:angel_happy_face_ha

Spouse visa (PR) granted 17.4.09. In Secret Harbour 29.4.09..loving it!!!!!

Guest Perth Princess

I don't blame you Fiona, I'm really glad you are enjoying your life in Oz. I do like your positive posts though (I'm such a misery guts and they cheer me up) so don't give up on us all together:unsure:

Don't go fiona, just think of it as charecter building (its what they tell me at work when i get a strop on haha) the more happy positive people that give in the more the battle is lost, we'll fight them in the trenches arrrrrrr....

My Aussie pictures - https://instagram.com/paulbell5/

Guest Tim

Good on you Fiona, sent you a Pm - I to am getting quite fed up with the members who deliberately come on the forum to either stir things up (and watch the fallout) or who deliberately try to undermine the folk that use this forum.

I have adopted a zero tollerance policy from now onwards for those deemed to be not using the forum in good faith.

Tim

Guest Hearne_Family

Hi Fiona,

I have read a few of your posts and you always seem to be fair, I agree with you about the politics of it all here at the moment, sme people only seem intent on starting arguments and will not open up and listen to others. Good luck with re-intergrating with your family!

All the best,

Terry

Guest proud2beaussie

Don't stay away too long Fiona,things can only get better,but PIO is PIO and we will always be here for you.

Have a nice break but come back soon.

Cheers

N'OZ

Guest paulacox

Hi Fiona

Good luck, enjoy your family, don't stay away to long.

Take Care

Paula

Good luck. I do agree with you about the nastiness. I came to this forum as another widely used one always seemed to have unnecessary conflict leaving you open to ridicule if you posted a thread which another user thought was stupid. Unfortunately this one seems to be going the same way recently. Good on ya Tim for adopting a zero tolerance policy. If someone doesn't have the ability to disagree with an opinion in a sensitive and adult way or even comes on here just to s**t stir then move on.

Jo, Ged & Bella the cat. We all arrived on 8/1/09 from Oldham, Gtr Manchester. Lived in Findon, SA then built in Seaford Meadows. Brian the Aussie dog joined our family on 5/4/11. Life here is all we expected and more.:v_SPIN:

Guest Tim
Good luck. I do agree with you about the nastiness. I came to this forum as another widely used one always seemed to have unnecessary conflict leaving you open to ridicule if you posted which another user thought was stupid. Unfortunately this one seems to be going the same way recently. Good on ya Tim for adopting a zero tolerance policy. If someone doesn't have this ability to disagree with an opinion in a sensitive and adult way or even comes on here just to s**t stir then move on.

Quite right mate - I always had a fairly relaxed approach to HOW the site should be moderated and WHAT should be moderated and alot of it was fairly straight forward. What has happened though that as the site has grown - we get more of of the trols spoling for an arguement without there being any real benefit (of even caring) as to the replies. It is rare but there's a few who want to push it. In the meantime folks - please do use the report.gif report button - it will alert me and the mods to anything as we all do this as and when we can -we all have families and are either here in Oz or in the UK! Anyway Fiona - sorry for hijacking the thread!

Tim

Fiona .... having been were you are now I can tell you that it's almost impossible to re-integrate with your family ...there's always a part of you that is drawn back to PIO lol .... seriously hope you have a relaxing time ... you know were I am if you need a natter

Ali xx

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Guest Working to fish

Dont stay away to long.

I stayed off for a week or so ,because i was so fed up with pio and the way it is now ,but then thought no why should i let a coulpe of (i want to go home) members keep me off pio.

Chin up

sure you will be back when you want to be back.

eddie

Guest claire&fred

I think it is a shame when older members decide to leave. I have definately cut back on my time with PIO because I do find some people hard to tolerate. I know this sight is run very well with the Admin Staff and I reckon they have they work cut out.

I still love popping back every now and then to read new threads and posts but I still get drawn into the odd silly argument which makes me cross as I have been a member of this site long enough to know better.

I found this site an excellant site when we were waiting for our Visa. As anyone knows it can be a long drawn out painful wait and PIO got me through it as did the many people I met on here.

Best of luck Fiona.

Claire

Guest Guest26012

Dont come on here much but do read what goes on! Hope you carry on contributing to this site cos all views are valuable! Some negative, some positive! Thats life! My glass is always half full! But thats me. Hey ho wouldnt do for us all to be the same eh? Take care Fi!

Just wanted to say hi and take care Fiona, best of luck to you and your family, your posts are always such an inspiration, i think a lot of good people have stopped posting on here which is a shame, but pop in now and then and let us no how you are getting on with your lives

All the very best

Tania XX

Is looking forward to the future and all what it holds:biggrin:

hey , have a good weekend , i think your posts are great! don't stay off for too long its people like you that makes the site what it is.x

to much partying to much booze gives you spots and makes you snooze!

sharon.

Taking bets... I'll go 48 hours b4 Fiona is back online.

Enjoy your rest and kids. Better make that 24 hours LOL

Kind Regards

Geoffrey (32, an aussie!!), Tracy (35), Jake (7), Jessica (2) & Joseph (1) :jiggy:

Don't go too far Fiona I value you opinions. I know how you feel though and good break does do you the world of good. Take care x:hug:

Guest guest30038

Get yer arse back 'ere chook..........or else!

Enjoy the break though.

kev