Britain is heading out of recession, says influential think-tank NIESR

Guest proud2beaussie

Guest proud2beaussie

Lets hope they are right,IMHO it's a bit early to be making that call but hey I'm no economist,if they are right it's good news.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/economics/article6472439.ece

The recession was declared over by the country’s leading economics think-tank yesterday after it released upbeat estimates showing that growth in GDP resumed in April and May.

The upbeat verdict that Britain’s slump is at an end came from the National Institute of Economic and Social Research after official figures revealed the first gains in manufacturing output for 14 months, adding to a recent spate of signs of recovery.

Estimates of the economy’s overall performance by the institute, based on the manufacturing figures, indicated that GDP bottomed out in March and began to rise again in April and May.

Martin Weale, the institute’s director, said he believed that the recession was now over “as far as I can tell”.

Lets hope they are right,IMHO it's a bit early to be making that call but hey I'm no economist,if they are right it's good news.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/economics/article6472439.ece

I have been seeing this for months. All it was mainly was the papers keeping us scared now the good news is filtering through most are starting to spend a little more which will start to generate jobs.

Guest Oz2012

Britain is heading out of recession *coughs* ROFL - UK Recovery after recession will be felt for many years to come, public debt will still exist long after upturn. The suffering we are living with will take at least a 10 year period to recover from and for some never. Even if Goverment claim an end to recession Companies will hord onto slow incoming funds to regain lost profits and further retain a nest egg in case of future downturn... Meanwhile the cost and standard of living will remain...

Britain is heading out of recession *coughs* ROFL - UK Recovery after recession will be felt for many years to come, public debt will still exist long after upturn. The suffering we are living with will take at least a 10 year period to recover from and for some never. Even if Goverment claim an end to recession Companies will hord onto slow incoming funds to regain lost profits and further retain a nest egg in case of future downturn... Meanwhile the cost and standard of living will remain...

By any chance you do you work for a national news paper.LOL

Archived