and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mandisfam

Has anyone used UPS Courier???

Guest mandisfam

Hi folks, Today I arranged UPS couriers to take our meds and x-rays to Sydney, used them under the recommendation of the doctors who we did the meds with.

Booking it was a nightmare and after speaking to 3 customer service reps finally got there.

Just check the tracking number online and it says there is "exception" which means there has been a problem and it could result in our package not being delivery when they say so, which was Friday 15th by 12 noon.

Not had any experience with couriers before and so wondered if anyone else has used UPS and if so do you think I should be worrying about this "exception"???

Thanks, why isn't anything ever straight forward????

Mandisfam :wubclub:

Cant believe you had to sort that out your self, the medical center that we used organized the courier as its one they use all the time, and forwarded us the tracking no, all of which we then had to forward to our agent! Will it never end xx

Oz is Beautiful, but the uk is home :wubclub:

Returned to Bournemouth 20th August 2010

Guest vixpinkbabe

Hiya,

Mine went with UPS but like Dawny the medical centre organised it all for me. Mind you, I paid them a fortune so yeah...

Although mine did get lost. It went to Phillidelphia and then got "mis-sorted at the hub" whatever that meant. It still got there on time though, they made up the time as it was over a weekend anyways..

Hope yours is all ok, im sure it will be,

Vicky xxxxxxxxx

Guest mcleod275

Hi

As you know we went to Chichester as well. We had no problems whatsoever with UPS the first person I spoke to sorted everything over the phone. We arranged for ours to be there by close of play on the Friday. Not only did they arrive safe and sound they were all finalised on the Tuesday!!!!!

I would give UPS a call and find out what the problem maybe, alternatively give the HOC a call and confirm if they have been received.

Claire xxx

Guest Magnetic6

Just out of interest, how much do couriers cost? I've been waiting on a reference from my manager (AAGGHHHH!)so i'm now thinking of not sending my docs by regular post as i'm on a bit of deadline. Also how quicker is using a courier?ThanksNatalie

Guest mandisfam
Just out of interest, how much do couriers cost? I've been waiting on a reference from my manager (AAGGHHHH!)so i'm now thinking of not sending my docs by regular post as i'm on a bit of deadline. Also how quicker is using a courier?ThanksNatalie

Absolute fortune, just cost us £46 to send a package a bit bigger then A3. Its meant to be there by Friday 12 noon. But we are using a courier purely so its tracked door to door.

Normal post by airmail takes about 5 working days.

Mandisfam

Guest Magnetic6

Thanks mandisfarm....need to invest in some shares in ups at those rates

Natalie

Guest mandisfam

Hi folks, just re-checked my tracking number and it now says "in transit - on time". Guess I need some patients......lol

Thanks for your replies.

Mandisfam