is a de-facto 309 communication/notification by email or post?

Hi,

I will, in a few months, be applying for a de-facto spouse 309 offshore visa (my 8503 condition probably negates the potential of applying for the onshore 820) and am thinking about the communication process between CO and myself.

If I have to exit oz and spend up to 4 months waiting for a decision, during which time I'd expect to receive some correspondence from immigration, I'd like to travel some in Europe. If correspondence were by post, I'd then not get it, hence I need to plan things correctly from the start.

So I am wondering if correspondence, during the application process and then the subsequent decision, comes by email or in the post - can anyone tell me?

Alexandra

Guest weebs

Having just applied for the de facto visa myself, I ticked a box that said the department could communicate with me by email and so far all our correspondence has been by that method. I haven't actually got the visa yet so not sure how it would work when you have to send your passport off (if there's a time limit etc) but worth checking it out with a few other people as well. Good luck!

Archived