lovely people...bad drivers !

Guest the dobbas

Guest the dobbas

hi all

well we have been here 8 weeks now and i must say we love it the relaxed people and the weather & beaches make it all worth while oh and also been on the news that oz will probaly not have a bad recession after all .

but i would just like to say one thing that is bad when people get in there cars they must leave the brains outside they are so ignorant and just love there horns it drives you mad.

Guest Little Stalky
hi all

well we have been here 8 weeks now and i must say we love it the relaxed people and the weather & beaches make it all worth while oh and also been on the news that oz will probaly not have a bad recession after all .

but i would just like to say one thing that is bad when people get in there cars they must leave the brains outside they are so ignorant and just love there horns it drives you mad.

I noticed that they all like to drive really close together too. It's like - get off my bumper! :wacko:

Guest The Pom Queen

If ever anyone gives way to you then you are sure they are a fellow pom!!!

I really do hate it when the trucks get right up your backside. I also think that when you get a green light to turn left and also the pedestrians get a green light to walk right in front of you, that it is an accident waiting to happen!!!

Its the people who slow down when entering the freeway drives me crackers. If only they would just drive to the end of the merge.

I used to come home from work and I knew the car and used dread seeing it as it was a nightmare.

Must admit our lights on the freeway entrance that keep the traffic flowing are good.

Another pet hate, let someone in and then they dawdle along, think that is why if you live here a while people are loathe to let people in when they need to be somewhere.

Guest the dobbas
If ever anyone gives way to you then you are sure they are a fellow pom!!!

I really do hate it when the trucks get right up your backside. I also think that when you get a green light to turn left and also the pedestrians get a green light to walk right in front of you, that it is an accident waiting to happen!!!

i that green light thing is stupid i keep forgetting about that and have come close to knocking people down a couple of times

i was told by an aussie that they are not used to roundabouts or slipways onto a motorway. he told me to be aware at both because in general not good at driving. same could be said about uk thou!!!

"roundabouts or slipways"...tell your aussie friend he's had 30 years to get used to them....how long does he need :smile:

I noticed that they all like to drive really close together too. It's like - get off my bumper! :wacko:

As there are no undertaking laws I think people who want to drive in the fast lane are constantly changing into the other lanes trying to pass the selfish driver who is sitting in the fast lane holding 10 cars up. Maybe undertaking laws would help to give more order to it.....do the undertaking laws work to expose and shame selfish drivers in the fast lane in your experience?

Its the people who slow down when entering the freeway drives me crackers. If only they would just drive to the end of the merge.

I agree...I hate being behind them on the on-ramp as you have to merge at 80km with them, and hate being the one's letting them merge as you never know whether they are going to take the spot you have left for them or go behind you or run into you. I understand some people are nervous drivers so I wouldn't say anything....but it is a bit unsafe.

Guest siamsusie

i that green light thing is stupid i keep forgetting about that and have come close to knocking people down a couple of times
My husband was mortified at my driving (a London driver :policeman:lol) pushing in. No one likes to let you in, therefore its a push..with a great big smile and a wave....he thinks its very un Australian but hey I am a woman so I can get away with anything coz we girls are always right:notworthy: the thing that does scare me are the logging vechicles, I dont like them hugging my bumper but I guess so different to the juganaughts on the uk roads

IMO there is only word to describe the majority of Aussie Drivers --- Ignorant! lol

The worst bit is after a while you sort of fall into the ''cant beat em join em ' frame of mind and stop giving way and being the polite driver you were back home,lol.

Cal x

IMO there is only word to describe the majority of Aussie Drivers --- Ignorant! lol

The worst bit is after a while you sort of fall into the ''cant beat em join em ' frame of mind and stop giving way and being the polite driver you were back home,lol.

Cal x

Shame on you Cal....surely you haven't joined them already...I still let people in and wave when let in... :wink:

it is pretty dodgy!!.... i almost got wiped out today at the same spot in woombye that four people were killed a few weeks ago, some dick truckie must have forgotton he had an extra trailer behind him and crossed the duel carridgeway right infront of me!

Also on the way to work this morning the highway was shut off due to another fatal accident, the joys of driving to work on one of the coutries most dangerous roads

Shame on you Cal....surely you haven't joined them already...I still let people in and wave when let in... :wink:

LOL, it depends what time of the month is it! lol, I will admit to being 50/50 though, i still thank anyone who lets me in/out although anyone letting me in/out is a very rare occurance,lol.

On a serious note, Gary sold his road bike and turned to off roading after having bikes for over 20yrs in the UK. Too many bikes get wiped out on a much to regular ocurance.

oh and Paul, you silly boy did no-one tell you the trucks own the roads in Quensland.lol

Cal x

i hate it the most when i'm about to turn left and some complete dick head behind me can't wait and overtakes just in time, therefore saving themselves about 2 seconds

then they have to stop at the next red light anyway

i want to get a loudspeaker on my car so i can swear and abuse anyone that drives badly

horns are pointless cos they are only used cos you can't shout loud enough anyway

Guest slipshot
As there are no undertaking laws I think people who want to drive in the fast lane are constantly changing into the other lanes trying to pass the selfish driver who is sitting in the fast lane holding 10 cars up. Maybe undertaking laws would help to give more order to it.....do the undertaking laws work to expose and shame selfish drivers in the fast lane in your experience?

There's no such thing as a fast lane, as there was not in the UK. Even more so over here as while, like the UK, you are supposed to keep left on anything two carriageways or more, like the US, no-one does, so undertaking becomes the norm. And because so many are obsessed with abiding rigorously to the limit, you have the farcical situation of three lanes of traffic all moving at the same speed, and those behind who want to go a little bit faster sitting their getting frustrated.

It's the norm and thus we have to get used to it - but I'd much rather do 110kph and be in front of someone than be behind someone, given the low standard of driving here...

Both Hubby and I have had crashes here. For me a car came out of a side road, attempting to cross two lanes of traffic to join the carriageway going in the opposite direction .... unfortunatley he went right into me ... turns out he was a driving instructor.

My hubby got taken off the road by a transperth bus - down a ditch and had to be hauled out as his van had turned over and petrol spewing out. The first services to arrive .... was two pick up trucks for the van!!

Guest jbro31

Ha reading this post is sooo true, I totally agree with the ignorant thing, can't tell you how many times I let people out and not once has anyone ever said thank you which really f**ks me off how rude! I've been let in once, had a fair few toots, surprisingly one was for indicating to turn right and I moved to the right of the road and clearly one driver wasn't happy about it and tooted, it's like where the hell am I supposed to go I'm turning right for gods sake! The drivers scare me and even when I know I've done nothing wrong I often won't toot for fear of a road rage incident, I don't want to die just yet! So it's just being vigilant and keepings ones eyes peeled, they are idiots tho especially when the weather is crap they NEVER put their lights on which always amazes me! Do they not have a will to live? xx

I totally agree, COMMON CURTIOUS IS NONE EXSISTANT HERE, Drive at your own risk, ive been a Taxi driver in the uk for 15yrs in the PAST, i came here and was horrified they take you on the left cut infront of you, dont give way at all, like you said the ones that do HAVE TO BE EXPATS as they know how to drive, It would help everyone if the DRIVING was like the uk, you must sit with an experianced examiner before you are allowed on the road leagally not knocked up driving hrs and just allowed to get on with it.im horrified at the ammount of accidents reported on the news evry day, since i arrived here ive hung my keys and dont want to risk my life driving in this madness, i am 43 yrs old and passed my test when i was 17 yrs old the second time i might add, ive even become a nervous passenger now ........ i know we are not all perfect but oh my god i just carnt believe what i see when im out

Agree with many of the comments here. I can only assume that the P plate of the morons that swerve around in their laughably souped-up Holdens stands for Prat. The standard of driving here is shocking. Tailgating like I've never seen before.

Guest fatpom

Aussies drive with:

The rules of the Poms,

in the cars of the Yanks,

with the arrogance of the French,

the emotions of the Italians,

the skills of the asians &

the "blood alcohol" of the Greeks.

But otherwise they're pretty good!

Archived