register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

crazmook

Nursing Skills Assessment

Hi Everyone,

Information for anyone considering submitting their nursing skills assessment.

I am a 8 years qualified registered nurse (adult) currently working in a a walk in centre. Previously I was a research nurse for a university and before that a ward and out-patient based staff nurse.

I submitted my skills assessment which covered the last 4 years. I had to include a statement of service with exact dates for my last 2 positions and a comprehensive breakdown of my duties (which was more or less a copy of my job description). I also had to provide a detailed professional reference from my current employer. Plus $650!

My agent submitted it on 19th March 2009. I was a little worried in case the research or the walk in centre work wouldn't be suitable enough for them, but it was successfully approved on 11th May 2009.

A total of 7 and a half weeks.

Got to love QLD- No worries, all good, too easy!

what was this for? a PR visa?

Dont mean to sound silly but have got a 457 and didnt need to submit anything like this

....Living life in Aus....

Moved to Melb on 457 in Sept 2009, 856 granted June 2010 ... :em4000:...

Sorry, yes for permanent residency.

Got to love QLD- No worries, all good, too easy!

Would anyone happen to know if my previous institution that i have worked with does not practice writing professional references, is there any way to work around that?

Hi rachloe,

For ANMAC you absolutely need a professional reference it is one of the requirements, written by a registered nurse that supervised your practice. So, it doesn't have to be from the institution itself, did you have a senior nurse in charge of you that would help?

Would that be sufficient?

i was under the impression that it would be a letter from my nursing manager that is required.

That is what I used as my manager no longer in service, it might be worth consulting a migration agent to check but my skills assessment was positive and I am now at medical/ police check stage. Good luck!