Advice on removal companies from North East England to Sydney

Has anyone recently made the move and can recommend any shipping companies from north east England to Sydney?? I have asked for Hoults and Pickfords to come and give a price, hoping it will all fit into a 20' container, might be less. Recommendations or who to avoid would be great as I think I might get one or two quotes more yet. How much notice do they usually need before packing and shipment?? Thanks everyone

Guest mc27

Hi.

We are making the move to the Central Coast north of Sydney ourselves in 6 weeks .Currently we live in Norfolk. Going to use 'Wridgeways'. My husbands company always uses them for moves to OZ even though they do all European moves with Pickfords. We have found them very helpful so far but have obviously no feedback on their overall performance. Removal companies usually say the sooner you tell them of the proposed move the better.

When are you off?

Flying mid-July, want stuff to arrive mid-August, bit much to ask do you think? I have left it this late as I didn;t expect hubby's visa to go through so quick! Now am flapping!

Guest mc27

4 weeks is a little challenging, Wridgeways explained to us that they use a boat that sails every 4 weeks, typically the time from departure to arrival at your destination is between 8 and 10 weeks. They recommend that you are in Australia prior to your goods arriving to aid with clearing customs etc.

We are renting a fully furnished holiday let to save us having to buy stuff for an empty place, there are some good deals to be had in the winter.

Archived