457 visa applications - Updates from those applying for this, issuse,timelines etc

Guest yankee

yay, yay, yay!! I have an update: We have a CO and we've been asked to send the Medicals, plus the Australia Value statements. I take this as a very good sign. Woot! Also - we have a new tenant for our place. She's moving in August 1st. I am so excited!!!!

Ok, the company asked me to send in the chest x-ray for the 457 visa. I presume that the sponsorship was approved hence that's why they asked for this. Does anybody has any idea how long does it take for the visa decision to get finalised once immigration has the medical results?

We did our x-rays the end of March, received in Sydney early April and received our visa early June.

Emma

x

Guest Steiner

Hi,

My company have applied for a 457 for me to work in their Canberra office. They understand that I need to sell my house and are quite relaxed when I can start.

Is there a time limit from when the visa is granted that I must arrive in Oz?

Thanks,

S

Guest Romeo

Our medical submitted early May and been passed two weeks later. My e-457 application was lodged end of May, and we thought things will move pretty quickly - I supppose to start my new job early October. My sponser is using an agent, and the agent requested that I fill in form-80 just in case DIAC asks for it as I'm dual national - Britiah & SA, plus being around the world. Then the CO confirmed that they will carry out integrity checks, and those wil take something like 2 to 6 months. I'm seriusly worried that comes in end of August and I don't have the visa. My sponser may delay my starting date a month, but may get pi**** off if things take longer than expected and withdraw the offer.

• 1 month later...
Guest LittleNeko

Hi,

Thanks to everyone who posted on this. Knowing I'm not the only one in this waiting game makes me feel much more calm now. Even though I can't wait for my 457 visa to get through and out of this game.

I hope those who are more affected than I am from the delay, ie homeless or jobless but still waiting, will get their visa soon.

I lodged my application online on 07/07/09 and my medicals finalised on 20/07/09. So far, that's it.. nothing else going on. It's getting tiring checking it's progress online everyday, so I really feel for everyone who has been waiting longer than me..

So, I wish all of us still waiting all the best...

Guest LittleNeko

Hi,

Thanks to everyone who posted on this. Knowing I'm not the only one in this waiting game makes me feel much more calm now. Even though I can't wait for my 457 visa to get through and out of this game.

I hope those who are more affected than I am from the delay, ie homeless or jobless but still waiting, will get their visa soon.

I lodged my application online on 07/07/09 and my medicals finalised on 20/07/09. So far, that's it.. nothing else going on. It's getting tiring checking it's progress online everyday, so I really feel for everyone who has been waiting longer than me..

So, I wish all of us still waiting all the best...

Guest monster

i just wanna share my experience with my 457 visa. i'm already here in WA for about 3mos. it took almost 3mos. for my visa to be granted. i think the immigration is very keen in sorting out sponsorship because of the economic crisis and there were several changes made effective july 1st re: 457 applications on process.

i hope all of you will get your 457 soon but it's a lot better for us to apply for PR as soon as you come here in OZ.

Guest sylcaddies

Hi all

Just to give you an idea of our situation

my med done 23/06, me & hubby chest x-rays done 24/06, online application submitted 13/07, request for medical for hubby 15/07, medical done 17/07, visa approved today 04/08.

Just 22 days from lodgement to approval - can't quite believe it myself.

Good luck to all those who are still waiting - it will happen.

Sylvia

• 3 months later...
Guest Craigste
Hi all,

from reading some posts there seems to be qutie a few people waiting on 457 visas. I am also waiting on a 457 visa which is being sponsored by a company in Sydney. I am keen to know how others are getting on with 457 applications (i.e. when commenced, where its up to, if accepted, when accepted, any issues or complications they have or are experiencing).

My 457 is being dealt with by a 3rd party which the company employs to do all their sponsorships so information I am recieving is limited. All I know is I have a CO appointed. My application was submitted mid april, and thought it would have been alot quicker than this considering we had the medicals done mid march in prep for the app being submitted.

hope to hear from all applying for 457s and details of how its going for you

Hi I am in the middle of waiting for my 457 visa and wondered if anyone out there had any advice on how to make sure I am not the cause of any delays. My employer has completed the Nomination stage and I have the TRN number. I have submitted my e457 visa pplication, paid, uploaded lods of attachments and the proress checker is saying 'processing commenced'. It has been like this for 10 days. I haven't had a medical yet, nor sorted out any health insurance. I am confused as to the process, when to book medicals, and what health cover I need unde rteh reciprocal Medicare - NHS agreement. Also are police checks needed?

Help anyone out there been through this recently and can assist, also how long are applications taking these days?

Regards.

Craig

Guest Prickles83

Hey my application was granted on Friday 13th November and took 17 days for all three parts of the visa to be completed. We didn't need police checks or medicals. They asked for proof of medical insurance and we supplied a cover note from a insurance company that stated it covered us until we got there and set up medicare.

Hope this helps

Guest Clare&Jon

Hi, ours took about 14 days from our application to approval. we didn't need to have medicals or police checks. Had a letter from hubby's employer which mentioned that they were giving him medical insurance as part of his job package. Good luck with it all!

Clare

Archived