457 visa applications - Updates from those applying for this, issuse,timelines etc

Hi all,

from reading some posts there seems to be qutie a few people waiting on 457 visas. I am also waiting on a 457 visa which is being sponsored by a company in Sydney. I am keen to know how others are getting on with 457 applications (i.e. when commenced, where its up to, if accepted, when accepted, any issues or complications they have or are experiencing).

My 457 is being dealt with by a 3rd party which the company employs to do all their sponsorships so information I am recieving is limited. All I know is I have a CO appointed. My application was submitted mid april, and thought it would have been alot quicker than this considering we had the medicals done mid march in prep for the app being submitted.

hope to hear from all applying for 457s and details of how its going for you

We are a little in the dark with regards to our application as Hubs employer has instructed a solicitor to sort out our visa and communication isnt very good. Everything as far as i know has been submitted including a supporting statement about what Hubs will 'bring to Oz / Perth / The Company' and our x-rays have been received etc. I do know however that we have a case officer. We are now in week 8 of the waiting game.

Aside from the visa, i have sold my car and handed my notice in at work. Actually left work the end of April as we thought things would move really quickly, but thankfully i have a great manager who has let me go back on a temp basis. We have also now secured tenants for our home and they need to be in by the end of July at the very latest.

So we NEED things to start moving NOW as im getting bored with this waiting malarkey!

Emma

x

Guest quiet44

Hey everyone,

Here is our background information regarding our 457 app.

• Sponsorship application approved early March.
  • e457 application lodged March 11th. No migration agent involved.
  • Asked to fill out form 1221 by our CO, which was filled out for me and my partner then confirmed as returned on March 31.
  • Medicals finalised in Sydney on March 30th.
  • Pressed my employer about finding out something from their end. Perhaps they needed to provide more evidence that the nominee was vital talent? No requests were made of them from DIAC. The general stance has been that academics have this kind of visa "in the bag".....I really hope so!

Employer (a Uni) said that an overworked government employee was handling my app so patience is key. While I'm pretty good at being patient, the idea that our application will be denied is frightening and I just wrote my CO an email asking if everything was humming along with my app.

Our ETA is July 29th in Brisbane. It would be nice to know if we are approved before making permanent and costly changes to our lives but the furniture is going, the apartment is rented out and we've given notice at our jobs.

Hoping for the best for us all!

-Ed

Guest heligan2005

i'm going out on a 457 visa sponsored, i haven't had to wait too long for anything really. i haven't used an agent but i've had a diamond of a girl in perth at I.P.A. recruitment who has been worth her weight in gold as far as i'm concerned, she has been amazing.

hence my signature shows the timeframe from start to finish.

if you have a TRN no. you can check your e-application on line

linds

Guest mandypete

Hi Guys,

we are aslo waiting on a457 visa application, hubby being sponsored by a company in Brisbane,

* job offer Jan 09

* nomination Feb 09

* submitted online e457 31/03/09

* aplication being processed further 17/04/09

* medicals finalised 06/05/09

still waiting... We have emailed the person that requested our medicals, but have heard nothing back... We ideally thought we would be there by July... When he was initailly offered the job we though it woukd take between 3-4 months in total to sort everything as after research it seemed to be a very quick process...

Just hope they all come through soon... :wubclub:

I dont know bout anyone else but we feel like we are living in limbo... just stupid things like the microwave breaking down, do we replace it, no, wots the point if we are leaving... drinving me mad! :arghh:

Guest quiet44

:jiggy:

Giddy here...just checked online with DIAC after sending along that email and see that we got our visas. What a relief! I'm not sure if that email did anything or if it was just coincidental. Personally I felt like our electronic app went down to the bottom of the queue for an over-worked CO.

Total time 12 weeks to the day from lodging the app.

Online it says to have labels placed in our passports at the nearest local Australian Government Office, but I remember hearing that they don't do that anymore anyhow. Time to wait for further instructions I guess.

Best of luck everyone!

Guest yankee

Paper-based 457 here due to issues at Sponsor not being able to upload docs. Majour Group 1, going on a regional 457 (Regional consession board did approve already) We sent everything to the sponsor three weeks ago, so DIAC should have received everything mid May. They are not approved as a sponsor yet so we are simply waiting. We filled out everything we could (even the 1221) and sent that along right away. I don't think we will hear anything until maybe (if we are lucky) at the end of June. We just applied for our Police check this morning. The job (my hubby is the main applicant) is supposed to start in September.

We had to cancel our lease (flat), in order to find someone who takes ovr the place as our lease is not running out until March next year. This means that after August we'll be staying with relatives no matter what. Uggh. There was no other way to do this. I am hoping that the visa will be granted by the time we order the container, otherwise we'll have to store our stuff somewhere else. Oh well. I am not too freaked out. Yet.

:twitcy:

Guest purge98

Found job in Adelaide 20/02/2009.

Future employer used agent to lodge 457 from their side. Completed 06/03/2009.

Letter of employment received 17/03/2009.

e457 application completed 17/03/2009.

* More documents required and confirmation of salary.

Medicals conducted 23/03/2009 and sent electronically.

* Requested documents sent 01/05/2009.

Visa granted 04/05/2009.

Moving to Oz 01/07/2009.

jason

Info in my sig ............. the only issues ive had is limited contact with my employer. the only time ive spoken to them is on the phone interveiw. Oh and because we frontloaded the meds we had duplicate files following our visa submission that took 5 days to sort out to make into one.

in all we've been really lucky with the speedy process. wish you all good luck!

Guest adey

one word of advice apply for a permanent visa as soon as you get here as if things don't work out with your sponsor you only have 28 days to find a new sponsor or you have to leave the country. This little fact wasn't highlighted to us before coming and didn't read it in the paperwork (most probably there in blazing glory but didn't register in our brains at the time). Don't mean to sound all doom and gloom but we are on a 457 and are in a redundancy situation which is extremely stressful as we can't find a new sponsor so will have to go home and only other option is regional sponsorship which is taking 9 months to a year so we haven't got enough time.

Guest JoeInWellington

Hi there,

I got offered a job a month back. Sent all the documents through to the company who is using a agent. Communication with company or the agent isn't great. How can I check on the status update on my visa?

Anybody used this form

Australian Centres of Excellence enquiry form

Thanks

Joe In Wellington

Guest quiet44
Hi there,

I got offered a job a month back. Sent all the documents through to the company who is using a agent. Communication with company or the agent isn't great. How can I check on the status update on my visa?

Anybody used this form

Australian Centres of Excellence enquiry form

Thanks

Joe In Wellington

Hey Joe,

I have not used that form and suspect you will not get much of a reply through it because they're busy and maybe privacy concerns??

Assuming your company filed your application electronically you can check on the application progress repeatedly. You will need the TRN for your application. Not the TRN for the nomination application, although, you can check on the nomination with the nomination TRN and your employer's Australian Business Number (ABN). Ask your employer for the TRNs so that you can keep yourself informed. I would think that is a fair request of your employer.

Go to this link : Online Applications; Applications & Forms

Click on "Check the progress of an application" then click on "Employer-sponsored visas".

You will see two links, one to check the sponsorship app and another to check the visa app, follow these and the prompts.

It is quite a nice feature and surely cuts down on the number of requests the department gets to find out what is going on from applicants.

Good luck!

Ed

Guest JoeInWellington

Assuming your company filed your application electronically you can check on the application progress repeatedly. You will need the TRN for your application. Not the TRN for the nomination application, although, you can check on the nomination with the nomination TRN and your employer's Australian Business Number (ABN). Ask your employer for the TRNs so that you can keep yourself informed. I would think that is a fair request of your employer.

Really appreciate your help, ed. I sent the email today. finger crossed

My visa has been granted today!

Its taken just over eight weeks in total. Hubs employer's solicitor asked for our application to go to the centre manager to get an idea of timescales etc, this was requested on Friday of last week.

Dont kow if this helped speed things up or not.

Good luck to everyone still waiting, i know its frustrating, but it will happen so hang on in there!

Emma

x

Guest Barrian

Did you have to pay any of the fess yourself (visa app, medicals etc) or did the employer arrange and pick up the tab?

Does the same apply to a 121?

It's going to be a while before I have to worry about visaa I think, but still curious.

Barrian - The employer who is proposing my sponsorship (if the visa ever goes through!!) is paying for the app and the 3rd party solicitors we have to go through. Ive had to cover the medicals.

All depends on the employer though.

Guest quiet44
My visa has been granted today!

Its taken just over eight weeks in total. Hubs employer's solicitor asked for our application to go to the centre manager to get an idea of timescales etc, this was requested on Friday of last week.

Dont kow if this helped speed things up or not.

Good luck to everyone still waiting, i know its frustrating, but it will happen so hang on in there!

Emma

x

Good news Emma! Nice to know the visa front finally caught up with everything else. Full speed ahead now with the move. :smile:

Interesting you two needed to prod them about getting a response too. Not suggesting that everyone flood them with requests....but perhaps checking in if one has been waiting beyond their quoted time be a good idea when one has the home rented, the house packed etc.

All the best

-ed

Hi everyone

I have been reading everyones posts over the last month or so on Poms in oz but haven't yet posted. I am grateful for all the posts which have helped keep me sane(even if the authors didn't know it) and to realise it can happen so thought I would post my timeline too.

I got offered a job as an accountant in March. We have just been granted our 457 visa. We used Ozgo Migration as an agent and they were awesome! We lodged 21st May (front loaded x-rays month before) and got business sponsor approval yesterday and then our 457 visa approval today!

We can't wait - Oz here we come :)

- Chrissy

Guest JoeInWellington

Ok, the company asked me to send in the chest x-ray for the 457 visa. I presume that the sponsorship was approved hence that's why they asked for this. Does anybody has any idea how long does it take for the visa decision to get finalised once immigration has the medical results?

Joe....I front loaded the health documents before our application was sent by the agent, and have been told the medicals were finalised...its approaching 2 months now since the application was submitted and Im still waiting. some people seem to have had quicker responses that mine, so I guess its very much a case by case basis.

Archived