Shipping your pets

jonnosuzie

Who did you use to ship your beloved pet?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who did you use to ship your beloved pet?

• Air Pets
    • Pet Air UK
    • Golden Arrow
    • Jets Set Pets
    • Jets4Pets
    • White House Kennels
    • Animal Couriers
    • Overhill
    • Lady Haye
    • Other

I thought I would try to start a poll for those shipping pets. Hopefully it will work!

Who did you use to ship your beloved pet?

1. Air Pets

2. Pet Air UK

3. Golden Arrow

4. Jet Set Pets

5. Jets4Pets

5. White House Kennels

6. Animal Couriers

7. JCS Livestock

8. Overhill

9. Lady Haye

10. Other

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We used Pets on the move because it had a local franchise. They picked up our cat from the house and had her overnight at the cattery, got her checked out by a vet (fitness to fly), did all the necessary paperwork, and took her to the airport. First class service.

Ali

Guest the dobbas

hi all

we used airpets at heathrow great with the dogs , no complaints arrived safe and sound can recommend them.

Guest fluffy1984

These are great recommedations!! We are going to be taking our 2 cats out with us, so good to hear some good companies in the Heathrow area as this is local to me!!! THANKS :)

Fluffy,

Pet Air Uk are based in Dorset only 45-60 minutes away from Heathrow. Unless you are getting a full service (i.e blood tests) from them you can use your own vet and just use them to ship and meet them at Heathrow Airport.

JUst a thought...

Guest kdal

Our 2 Cats travelled with Airpets and they were fantastic. They collected them from our home and the guy was so friendly and even asked if they had a favourite blanket or toy that they want to take with them. He let the kids put the cats in their carriers and put them into the van. The cats stayed with Airpets for a week before they flew out.

They were well looked after and we have no complaints at all

Guest the dobbas

the only thing i would recommend is to get your dog vaccinated for kennel cough, we were told we did not need it but when we got our dog back from melbourne it had kennel cough.

Guest The Pom Queen
the only thing i would recommend is to get your dog vaccinated for kennel cough, we were told we did not need it but when we got our dog back from melbourne it had kennel cough.

Unfortunately, even if you had your dog vaccinated against Kennel Cough there are no guarantees that your dog would still not have contracted it whilst staying in the kennels. There are so many different strains that the vaccination cannot cover them all, so please don't beat yourself up about this.

• 4 weeks later...

Just brought Maisy back from the Vets.

The Vet took bloods for her blood test. If this comes back showing low levels for Lepto she should pass (it is Lepto that normally causes a retest of bloods) this should take about a week.

She also had to have her first flea and tick treatment, which was Frontline.

Now Maisy is just sat watching TV sulking from the trauma of it all!

Ill keep you updated!

Just received Maisys crate for her pending flight.

Its bigger than our house! Not bad at all for the money we are paying, she is gonna have loads of room to swing a cat or whatever...

:biglaugh: Will you have to pay extra for the cat that she's gonna be swinging!?!

Seriously though, good thread, great idea....

I have heard very good things about Golden Arrow :yes:

To be honest Golden Arrow was probably our next choice. Only distance came into it.

PetAirUK were closer.

The water bowl that came with the crate is big enough for her to swim in too!!! its pretty big...

Well, I hope she has a very safe & enjoyable flight....:cute:

P.S.....Dont forget to pack her cossie! :laugh:

Can I ask what sort of cost is implicated in taking your cats? We have two and have heard that it would be about £3000 each, is that about right??? I thought they had to spend months in quarantine but if it's only 30 days that's not bad.

We used Pet Air UK & they were absolutely fantastic for our two Spaniels - we used the Gold Service where they come to you to do blood tests etc. Ours tested positive for Lepto (due to annual vaccinations only being done 6 months prior) so had to be retested - but it was all included. We opted to take them down to Heathrow ourselves as we were flying on the same day - their crates they had were hu-uge & had a comfy cushion - not like the economy seats we were in for almost 24 hours!!

The Pet Air vet - Bob - was so lovely & we were happy to give them over to his care!

We'd totally recommend Pet Air UK.

Rachel

Guest HONEY

HI - WE CAN TOTALLY RECOMMEND JETS4PETS -OUR LITTLE DOG LUCKY GOT PICKED UP FROM US AT 1.30 THIS MORNING TO GET TAKEN DOWN TO HEATHROW FOR HIS 12.30 FLIGHT TODAY - MISSING HIM ALREADY!

REALLY GOOD SERVICE AND ONLY JUST OVER £1000 FOR A JACK RUSSELL WHICH I THOUGHT WAS EXCELLENT:cute:

WE'LL SEE HIM MONDAY, AS WE GO OUT TO PERTH ON THURSDAY

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

LYNNE :v_SPIN:

Hi Cots,

As Im not taking Cats im no expert, but from reading the many many threads on here I know that £3k each is expensive. If I were you I would be looking at paying £3k for both of them! Cats are generally cheaper than dogs, and when they are in quarantine for 30 days they can live in the same pen. Have a google search for Eastern Creek Quarantine centre in Sydney. As an example you can see photos of the pens they will be in. For cats these are multi level, with little boxes set on the roofs so they can peek out!

Have a ring around im sure you find some very competitive quotes!

I have attached the file we created for comparing all the costings we got from quotes when we initially started looking. Hopefully its there!!

Guest Fulwood

This thread just became all the more important to us, as we have found a foster home for our dog Chance (broken leg so unable to fly when we do) and now I'm looking at comparing options. Unfortunately, I cannot vow the poll results until I vote - But I haven't used anyone yet.

Guest homeiswheretheheartis

Best of luck with your journey! You are on a massive adventure and part of it will have been jumping through all the hoops to get out here!

Archived