Anyone Know Townsville?

Guest maddie666

Guest maddie666

Hi

My name Is maddie - Was living in Darwin for three years and now moving back to OZ - Townsville after a year break back home - how I am going to miss UK chocolate again!!

I have a husband and toddler son and want to know any areas to avoid living in - water restrcitions - possibly going to rent with a pool and anything else you can think we need to know.

Can't wait to come hubby arrives in 9 days and us, shortly after! Least Woolworths is still alive there!

We are from South London and would love to meet other likewise English folk.

Maddie

Thanks

Guest 1010ozzy

Hi Maddie

Good Luck with your move to Townsville, we arrive there on the 6th August, cant wait.

Cant help with the water restriction, other than to say when we were out there on our reccie last year looking at different properties the agents said you would really have to go some to go over your water qouta even with a pool.

Dawn

• 2 years later...
hi weve just arrived in townsville and are looking for some where to rent any ideas on areas

Hi Clare & Andy

We arrived three months ago and have settled in well. Areas to live is a tough questions based on where you live etc. My best advice if your happy to drive 15mins to work etc are. Kirwan , lots of house for your money and newish in lots of areas. Annadale lovely area and nice houses. 25mins drive to cbd. Bushland beach is really new and lovely and cheap houses but for townsville is a drive ( 25 MINS) We live in the west end in a complex which is on the lakes and very very nice. think we where lucky to find it. Call up townsville rentals they are sooo helpful and really try hard to find you rentals or we are with John Gribben , helpful and seem fair. There are a few to avoid but ill not post negative on here.

We have two children as well 14 and 15 months and could meet up if you want one weekend down the strand , we could help you out with info etc....

I work for a recruitment agency so might be able to help as well !!

message me if you need anything at all

James & Louise

• 1 month later...

Latest update from sunny Townsville

Hey all, been here over three months now and love it just as much as when we first arrived.

My daughter is 14 and really enjoying her school. We find the level much higher than England and they seem to be pushing her more. This is great news for her and us. She just had the first report and although she has always been bright and well behaved they gave her an excellent report. She has met some good friends and starting to get out and about.

My youngest is 16 months and her life is very full of fun and learning. My wife takes her to all the various Baby groups in Townville from Rhythm time / Swimming lessons to name but a few.. My wife has made some friends and already having coffee and settling in. There seems to be lots of mums families new to the area.

Places visited in past month or so.

Reef HQ – Great day out and lots of thing for the kids, so we bought a annual membership so the wife can go down to enjoy when she wants And all of us at the weekend. The price for a year is a little more than the one visit so worth it.

Billabong Sanctuary – Really enjoyed this day. Prices not bad and plenty to do for the kids. Worth taking your swimmers as they have a pool and BBQ, so could cool down at lunch have a BBQ then watch the crocs get fed in the afternoon!! We had our photo taken with a koala as a keep sake.

Strand water park/park / trobuk area. – Our favourite area. Plenty of free entertainment for the kids and beautiful to sit and chill out with a coffee while the kids play. Spend lots of Sundays in trobuk ( which is very cheap ) so the little un can continue to learn to swim. Then of to the park for the youngest to play on the swings..

Just a little info if you are thinking of coming have just arrived or on your way there is plenty to do …

Any questions you might have drop me a message.

Oh , and its getting hot !

James & Lou -

• 1 month later...
Guest robsonsfamily

Hi All,

I'm moving to Townsville in the new year. Really would love to meet up and get some info from you all.

It looks like there is a lot of poms in townsville.

My job is with Wulguru Steel.Does anyone work there?

Hope to chase up soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest widesheds

Looks like there are many moving in this New year, I would say an occasion the could be best put to use socializing and getting to know the place better. I have heard a lot about Townsville and it seems that it has grabbed a lot of attention these days. It seems that there will be a lot of renovation work that the place will undergo shortly.

Archived