online status worry

briggs

Hi,

I have been assigned a CO since 20th may 09, but nothing on my status page has changed, although all my documents have been uploaded.

I have not even received an email requesting for medicals. Nothing.

I am worried, is this normal?

Guest snow77

Hi

How do you know you have a CO? Are you assuming so because your status changed? Our status also changed to application being processed further on 20/05/09 but as far as I understand it doesn’t always mean you have a co?

i was told that once on your status page you get the message 'application being processed further' means that a CO has been assigned.

I have posted the police checks and booked my medicals.

But i am worried, cause all my documents are still showing required, and i have no email from the CO.

Guest snow77

Im not so sure it does mean you have a co – I don’t know what other people think?

But if it makes you feel better our documents all still say required despite our application being processed further on 20th May. We have front loaded our meds and PCC – but no news yet!

Hi, dont worry. I checked are status and it had changed to application being processed further but none of the documents had changed to met. The next day we got an email saying visa granted, when i checked online status only the documents under me and my hubby had changed to met and both kids documents where showing as needed.

Rachael

ALAS sorry you wont have a case officer till all your medicals, police checks and paper work say FINALISED or MET, how ever we sent all our medicals and police checks off all at the same time, we were never notified or are migration expert notifed we had a case officer, we had meds done in April, police checks in the feb, as we lodged application and our visa was granted 4 months later

Eammon's and our two girls medicals were showing as finalised and mine were showing as outstanding and then we went straight to applicant approved and received our visa grant letter last week. Our status page is still showing as documents required, so I think it depends on CO's - some appear to update the online status whilst others perhaps do not.

Good luck - hope you hear soon

Denise x

Hi

We got an email from someone at DIAC saying our application is being processed further and a contact name.

We hadn't done our medicals or police checks either, they requested them on this email. And we've just had them doen and sent to Oz but still showing on DIAC website as being "Requested"?

It seems that there is standard proceedure and every case is different.

I'd possibly give them a call and ask them?

Hope that helps?

Rebecca

Guest bentkitty

When you get a CO assigned they contact you asking for meds/police checks (if not front loaded) and any additional information they require. Since you haven't done your meds yet your CO would definitely have asked for these, so you may not have a CO yet. I have been told that some people's status turned to 'application being processed further' before a CO was assigned - just shows that someone has accessed your file apparently.

Also once you get a CO assigned they don't always update the online status so I wouldnt worry. We got our CO assigned in March and they confirmed that all documents were in order within a few days (except meds and police checks as we hadn't frontloaded). However everything still showed as 'required' until 22 May when our visa got granted (so now showing as 'applicant approved'). The CO does not always bother to update the online status so I wouldnt get too hung up on what it does or doesn't show. Hope this helps.

Archived