Australian Visa Numbers Reduced - Long wait for some applicants

Etienne

I have just been sent a news update, and the text reads:

Australian Visa Numbers Reduced</SPAN>

Long wait for some applicants

The Australian Government announced on 12 May 2009, a further cut to the permanent skilled migrant intake for the 2009-10 Migration Program. The Australian Minister for Immigration and Citizenship, Senator Chris Evans, said that this further decrease was in response to the continued economic slowdown.

Does anyone knmow where I can get further information.

Does a decrease in the numbers allowed mean that criteria is made stricter in order to meet the lower quota, or does it just mean that the application might just take longer to approve (for example if the quota is already filled, then they will put the application on hold till the next year)?

I applied for a 475 state (SA) sponsored visa as an IT professional (which was on the SA shortange list at the time when my application was lodged). I have been allocated a case officer in Feb 2009 who then requested further documentation and medicals. These were only finalised this past weekend, and they should now have all they need (I have asked them to confirm this).

I do not mind waiting longer, but just do not want my application to be rejected :wacko:

Guest Raja
I have just been sent a news update, and the text reads:

Australian Visa Numbers Reduced</SPAN>

Long wait for some applicants

The Australian Government announced on 12 May 2009, a further cut to the permanent skilled migrant intake for the 2009-10 Migration Program. The Australian Minister for Immigration and Citizenship, Senator Chris Evans, said that this further decrease was in response to the continued economic slowdown.

Does anyone knmow where I can get further information.

Does a decrease in the numbers allowed mean that criteria is made stricter in order to meet the lower quota, or does it just mean that the application might just take longer to approve (for example if the quota is already filled, then they will put the application on hold till the next year)?

I applied for a 475 state (SA) sponsored visa as an IT professional (which was on the SA shortange list at the time when my application was lodged). I have been allocated a case officer in Feb 2009 who then requested further documentation and medicals. These were only finalised this past weekend, and they should now have all they need (I have asked them to confirm this).

I do not mind waiting longer, but just do not want my application to be rejected :wacko:

Hi Etienne,

Yes there is a a further cut to the permanent skilled migrant intake for the 2009-10 Migration Program. However this should not effect your application as the same comes under priority processing since the same has been sponsored by .....

As you have complied with the pre-requisites asked by CO, hold on for a few weeks and you shall receive your visa if medicals etc. are in order.

Wish you the best for all your endeavors.

cheer-up!

Archived