YIPPEE!!! Got it, got it, got it!

Guest aussiehopper

Guest aussiehopper

Hi all,

OH and me are over the moon :biggrin:. Just received confirmation that our visa has been approved.

I'm not generally at a loss for words, but on this occasion I don't think I can put into words just how happy we are.

Aiming to be in Canberra by Feb 2010. I guess now the real hard work begins what with planning our move, getting jobs, finding accommodation, etc. all the while saving every penny. Any advice that will help with settling in is greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone for all the support so far :hug:- PIO is a brilliant forum.

Good luck everyone, and here's to the future....

Cheers

Guest raahulraana

Congrats for ur visa.

What was ur timeline.

How many days(28 days or 70 days) were given to u by ur co, for requested documents.

Thanx

Guest spadgersdad

Congratulations

Good to hear that so many visa's are still being passed even with the present climate.

Hope everything goes well with your move, you will not regret it, although the weather is like England at the minute, but as the aussies say, we need the rain, (but not the floods!)

Guest aussiehopper

We still can't believe it! Thank you all for the wonderful support and words of encouragement.

Here's our timeline, looking back things have happened relatively quickly, although there were times when it felt like nothing was coming together (especially while waiting for my South African Police checks which went missing along the way :arghh:)

Agent appointed 03/04/08

VetAssess approved 29/05/08

Sponsorship approved 05/11/08

Visa application lodged 16/12/08

IELTs test 17/01/09

Case officer appointed 04/02/09 (28 days to get all supporting docs)

Medicals X-Rays 09/02/09

UK Police checks 11/02/09

SA Police checks sent 18/02/09

Medical checks completed 20/02/09

SA Police checks collected 14/04/09

Visa received 21/05/09

Not stopped celebrating since.... :laugh:

Archived