Guest Working to fish

Bank cocks up and gives 10 million

Guest Working to fish

A kiwi coulpe went to the bank for a lone for 10,000 dollars and the bank cocked up and gave them 10 million ,they have done a runner .

Question

what would you do ?

This has been on the news today.

easy but.:idea:

This was on the news lat night and we asked each other the same question,lol.

It would be very tempting especially as they were having money difficulties but could you live your life out looking over your shoulder? i dont think i could.

What about you Eddie, you don't say,lol

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Guest Working to fish

Easy Cal

i would pop it into your bank until heat had gone ,then spent the rest of my life trying to find you and gary

lol

eddie

good on them i say ,but dont know if they will get away with it.

easy but.:laugh:

lol, deal and i promise to stay put as long as i can have the interest!!!

They had notified Interpol and everyone last night, i think they will find which country they are in easy enough, but finding them might be tough if they have a brain about them. I actually feel for any family left behind, it mustn't be very nice.

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Guest SO,DIZZY

if you have the right connections (and ten million can buy you a whole lot of them ) then i think i would be on my toes with the lot.. hair dye and a false moustache, i look nothing like my passport photo as it is just now... i wish them well and hope they have a ball sepnding it, whats the worst that could happen,, they will have a fantastic story to sell to all the nationals and a million $$ book and film deal at the end of it.. and for what a few months in the nick.... after all they didnt put a gun to anyones head...

dizz...

Guest Working to fish
if you have the right connections (and ten million can buy you a whole lot of them ) then i think i would be on my toes with the lot.. hair dye and a false moustache, i look nothing like my passport photo as it is just now... i wish them well and hope they have a ball sepnding it, whats the worst that could happen,, they have a story to sell to all the nationals and a book and film deal at the end of it.. and what a few months in the nick.... after all they didnt put a gun to anyones head...

dizz...

That is very true in this day and age ,live it up ,get nicked,give the money back,get rich selling the story .

I want to be there agent,

easy but.:idea:

Guest proud2beaussie

Whether it's the banks mistake or not the law says it's theft-pure and simple.

They were not entitled to the money so it's theft.Harsh? maybe,but life is harsh.

they will find them anyway.guaranteed,in the world of 2009 you can run but you can't hide.

They won't even be able to switch on a mobile phone because as soon as they do the cellular phone network will get the location.

Guest Working to fish
Whether it's the banks mistake or not the law says it's theft-pure and simple.

They were not entitled to the money so it's theft.Harsh? maybe,but life is harsh.

they will find them anyway.guaranteed,in the world of 2009 you can run but you can't hide.

They won't even be able to switch on a mobile phone because as soon as they do the cellular phone network will get the location.[/quot

CheersNigal as always straight to the point ,come on wheres the fun ,lets talk about the rush of all that money the flying from here to there ,the buzz of it all.

easy but.

Only if i had the balls i would do it.:rolleyes:

Guest Aldo

Its difficult to draw a 10 grand cash out the bank so christ knows how they got there hands on it but if they did good luck to them. Banks have been robbing people for as long as there have been banks so no sympathy to them. As for the mobile phones, if they are dumb enough to switch their phones on think of the damage they could do with 10 million!

Guest proud2beaussie

I'm the last person to have any sympathy for the banks eddie but all I was doing was injecting a dose of reality,fact is the money isn't theirs to spend.sorry to be a wet blanket but rules is rules.

And BTW if you want to talk about the "rush" of spending that sort of money think of what it would be like to spend 230 million,which is what some lucky Spanish bloke won a few weeks ago in the Euro lottery.

I'm the last person to have any sympathy for the banks eddie but all I was doing was injecting a dose of reality,fact is the money isn't theirs to spend.sorry to be a wet blanket but rules is rules.

And BTW if you want to talk about the "rush" of spending that sort of money think of what it would be like to spend 230 million,which is what some lucky Spanish bloke won a few weeks ago in the Euro lottery.

Technically (hypothetically ) whose money is it ? , the banks make millions if not billions for nothing , a banker and i use that as a term of employment and rhyming slang tried to justify the job, tried to justify australians out of money with account fees etc sayin ther amount of transactions blah blah ,the compooter does the work . They also charge you i am told $10 a month service fee on aloan , service, ? money comes out direct debit into bank into account ,a lot of servicing there :mad:

Here at last:jiggy:

SUFC life not a pastime

I limit myself to 2 drinks a day, I`m now 10 years in front make that 15

Guest proud2beaussie

All very fair points Mally,and like I said I'm not a fan of banks by any means,but you have to seperate banks profits which are enormous and mainly do come from outrageous fees,and banks cash deposits which are made up of deposits from ordinary customers and money they are holding on behalf of other banks etc.

There is a big argument in favor of restricting fees that banks can charge but in reality the money doesn't belong to the people who took it-it belongs to the depositors of the bank.

All very fair points Mally,and like I said I'm not a fan of banks by any means,but you have to seperate banks profits which are enormous and mainly do come from outrageous fees,and banks cash deposits which are made up of deposits from ordinary customers and money they are holding on behalf of other banks etc.

There is a big argument in favor of restricting fees that banks can charge but in reality the money doesn't belong to the people who took it-it belongs to the depositors of the bank.

But does it Nigel , I read terry pratchett and have just read his making money , while being fantasy it has ago at the monetary system and some of it makes sense, there is no money its all iou`s for want of a better phrase , just like bookies layin off bets

SUFC life not a pastime

well according to the news, they havnt found this couple as yet !! Im also sure it said they had only withdrawn 4 million of the money, so i guess the question should be ,,,

Would you do a runner with 4 million ?

Cal x

well according to the news, they havnt found this couple as yet !! Im also sure it said they had only withdrawn 4 million of the money, so i guess the question should be ,,,

Would you do a runner with 4 million ?

Cal x

how do you draw 4 mil ?

SUFC life not a pastime

Guest proud2beaussie

Actually Mally I believe you are correct that if you have money on deposit with a bank you actually don't really have money at all,you just become a creditor of the bank just as if you have a credit card with a limit of $1000.00 and you use $500.00 of it you don't get asked to pay the $1000.00 only what you owe.

However I still think they will find them fairly soon.

hi if it was me id POOOHH my pants, think id be cheekey and say to the bank youve made a mistake but coz i was honest could i have just a bit of compensation and an interest free loan .It only takes one wrong click on a computer and all hell breaks loose,The problem today is everyone relise on the computer when it goes wrong there is no back up, They asked for $10,000 they didnt ASK some one to press the wrong button but HELL what a surprise seeing that much in your bank account,

LIFE IS FULL OF CHANGE ................. Well that just makes me appreciate my life a whole lot more.......... & moving to oz & giving my children a better start in life! ♥♥♥♥ living on the Gold Coast now and very happy

Guest Vim Fuego

Disclaimer: I work for a bank BUT I'm the first to hate the money-grabbing bastards. I have seen first hand the things they get up to and I'm no fan. So ...

- First up, it's theft, pure and simple. Wet blanket or not, it's stealing

- I wouldn't want to run anywhere, I like where I live and the way I live it

- I don't want that degree of 'looking over my shoulder' ... that's why I paid off $60,000 in credit card debt from Oz ... getting on my high-horse/morality tale over.

If I won the lottery? Pay off the house, build the extension, get a pool, start a hobby second-hand record/book store in the village close by and act like Bernard Black in Black Books.

Guest proud2beaussie
hi if it was me id POOOHH my pants, think id be cheekey and say to the bank youve made a mistake but coz i was honest could i have just a bit of compensation and an interest free loan .It only takes one wrong click on a computer and all hell breaks loose,The problem today is everyone relise on the computer when it goes wrong there is no back up, They asked for $10,000 they didnt ASK some one to press the wrong button but HELL what a surprise seeing that much in your bank account,

Fair points,but whether they asked for it or not it still isn't their money and they should

have reported it to the bank.

I'm sure that with the massive profits they make the bank could write the money off and claim on their insurance but that's not the point-it's about honesty and integrity,which are two values that sadly seem somewhat lacking in todays society.

Disclaimer: I work for a bank BUT I'm the first to hate the money-grabbing bastards. I have seen first hand the things they get up to and I'm no fan. ...

So what do they get up to? Tell us :smile:

Guest Vim Fuego
So what do they get up to? Tell us :smile:

If I did then I'd have to kill myself ... in fact, I may have to top myself anyway ... banks have that way with you :wacko:

Guest Working to fish
If I did then I'd have to kill myself ... in fact, I may have to top myself anyway ... banks have that way with you :wacko:

would love to know , how do you withdraw 4 million ,with out any suspicion.

ps ,its only a job ,not worth toping your self over

easy as but.

Guest SO,DIZZY

personaly its all well and good taking the moral high ground etc.. but i think your personal cicumstances would determin your state of mind whilst faced with this choice, it may seem to them that there is no actual victim in this situation,, after all,, at this present moment banks who have been frugal with savers money with incompetant lending policeys do not face the cosiquencies of there actions..(goverment bail outs etc) and that might sway the decision in favour of getting of with the cash without thinking of the outcome...

dizz.. wish it was me...

Guest Working to fish

This story reminds me of when we changed mortgages with 2 well known mortgage companies in the uk. We changed our mortgage to get a better deal. The company we changed to took over our finances and mortgage then had no idea who we were. We had to keep going into the branch and asking why they weren't taking out our mortgage payments.

It took us months and even had to get our financial adviser involved before the bank realised that they had cocked up and that we had infact a mortgage with them.

After realising their error they gave us 2 months mortgage free. If we hadn't keep on and on to them to this day we could still have been living mortgage-free but at the end of the day we would never have got the deeds to our house.

easy but

Guest proud2beaussie

Sorry to be a wet blanket again but it doesn't matter whether there is a "victim" or not,it's still taking money that is not yours,and I don't honestly agree that it comes down to your state of mind,it's wrong to take something that isn't yours to take.

It's actualy the same if you find a suitcase full of money in the street and don't take it to the police station,that's classed as theft by finding.

I'm sorry that I can't be the hero of the underdog here but as I said earlier it comes down to integrity and honesty.

Sorry if my views are too politically correct.