WA State Sponser-Update- Where are you now? class of 2008 - 2010

cartertucker

All being well...When are you hoping to move to WA?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. All being well...When are you hoping to move to WA?

• September 2009 or Before
    • October 2009
    • November 2009
    • December 2009
    • January 2010
    • February 2010
    • March 2010
    • April 2010
    • May 2010
    • June 2010 or Later

Guest yorkshirepud
I am soooooo kicking myself, gave into temptation this morning....... promised myself I was going to be patient, but couldn t resist the thought of being told "YES you have SS and we re currently informing your agent" but NO the answer i got was " your application is with a case officer and you'll find out in the next 3 WEEKS, is that the same bl***y 3 weeks as I got told at the beginning. Can't keep going like this up at 5am, eating, sleeping, working, living STATE SPONSERSHIP.

Shonz xx

Hi Shonz - glad I'm not the only one who cant sit on my hands and gave in to temptation to ring them. To me they said the same, except that we would DEFINITELY hear something within the next TWO weeks!! I am not going to check my emails this week. I reckon the board will meet this week to make decisions on the first few weeks' applications in March and we should hear something next week (that the way it sounded to me anyway) - so going to forget about it all now until this time next week!

Kerry xx

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Shonz - glad I'm not the only one who cant sit on my hands and gave in to temptation to ring them. To me they said the same, except that we would DEFINITELY hear something within the next TWO weeks!! I am not going to check my emails this week. I reckon the board will meet this week to make decisions on the first few weeks' applications in March and we should hear something next week (that the way it sounded to me anyway) - so going to forget about it all now until this time next week!

Kerry xx

Hope you are right! Fingers crossed for you!

Kerry xx

Everyday I think Im not going to check emails as know it wont be there yet- but cant resist checking !! I just want this bit over !! :unsure:

Hi All,

Just to let you know no update for me on the visa front!

But a "Black Cat" ran in front of my car this morning and that's meant to be lucky! We'll see!

Have a good day

Rebecca

Well it was lucky for the cat at least he didnt get run over!:biglaugh:

Guest 2pigs3piglets

well nothing for us either!!!!!

but its looking like there is nothing for any one at the moment!!!!

it's such a drag and im really getting impatiant i really am looking at phoning but i know i do not have the number and wouldnt know who to call anyway......

i really dont want to move in with the inlaws... lol

is it too much to ask for every think to fit like a jigsaw lol

please send out some ss please

Guest yorkshirepud

Well I said I wasnt going to check my emails again until next week - yeah right who was I kidding - nothing today though (as I knew there wouldn't be)!! They must be going to issue a batch load together, its been so quiet for weeks, dont you think??

Well I said I wasnt going to check my emails again until next week - yeah right who was I kidding - nothing today though (as I knew there wouldn't be)!! They must be going to issue a batch load together, its been so quiet for weeks, dont you think??

Knew you wouldnt be able to resist !!:laugh: Its annoying as you know its probably not going to be there but if you dont check you spend all day wondering !!! :spinny:

Im hoping they are going to do a batch at a time-maybe they have found a more time efficient way of processing ? Im hoping !!!

Hello Guys.....

Well, im back from our night away....We would have had a lovely time, but I have been suffering since having my tooth removed on Thursday :cry: Been to the dentist today & am now on anti-biotics & have had a medicated dressing put in the 'socket'....

I was hoping to get back on here & see some good news, but I see we dont have any new approvals or visas

However it is good to read that WA have started on March....So lets keep postive & hope we start getting some approvals soon :yes:

Guest mcleod275

Hi All

No news on the visa front for us?

I think DIAC and WA are in it together as I cannot understand why there has been no SS approved????? Surely they are not affected by the quotas potentially running out. Have there been any SS from other states recently?

One day I will go purple - am thinking of wearing purple all day when we finally get the OK in honour of PIO!!

Claire xx

Guest KatyNick

Hi Claire

We are waiting to hear regarding our SS (didn't apply till middle of April) but I noticed that you have had your medicals done. Would you (or anyone else who has had their medicals done) mind letting me know how much they cost? Just planning ahead and wondering how much money to set aside for this bit.

Thanks in anticipation

Kathryn

just to let you know we have just applied for SS last week 1/6/09.Hubby brickayer.

Hi, welcome to our thread....:cute:

Congratulations on putting your state sponsership in, I know you were undecided what to do.....Bet it feels great to have finally made that decision :yes:

Guest 2pigs3piglets

hi all just to let you know i phoned our agent today to ask here how long does she think till we get the ss,

she said that she has had none granted so for for march.....

but she is hopfull that we should hear somthink by the end of the month....

so my fingers and toes are crossed and she has been really good so far!!!!!

all the best to us all

Guest mcleod275
Hi Claire

We are waiting to hear regarding our SS (didn't apply till middle of April) but I noticed that you have had your medicals done. Would you (or anyone else who has had their medicals done) mind letting me know how much they cost? Just planning ahead and wondering how much money to set aside for this bit.

Thanks in anticipation

Kathryn

Hi Kathryn

The cost of medicals depends on where you get them done. I would suggest that you phone around the Panel Doctors which are closest to you. We had ours done in Chichester and cost £100 for each adult plus £20 bloods. £60 for each child. X Rays were done at the local hospital and cost £90 each. In total it cost us £630 plus £43.00 to courier the results to Sydney.

Hope this helps with your planning.

Claire xx :jiggy:

hi all just to let you know i phoned our agent today to ask here how long does she think till we get the ss,

she said that she has had none granted so for for march.....

but she is hopfull that we should hear somthink by the end of the month....

so my fingers and toes are crossed and she has been really good so far!!!!!

all the best to us all

Ooh I do hope so as we are about 3 weeks behind you!:wink:

Guest KatyNick
Hi Kathryn

The cost of medicals depends on where you get them done. I would suggest that you phone around the Panel Doctors which are closest to you. We had ours done in Chichester and cost £100 for each adult plus £20 bloods. £60 for each child. X Rays were done at the local hospital and cost £90 each. In total it cost us £630 plus £43.00 to courier the results to Sydney.

Hope this helps with your planning.

Claire xx :jiggy:

Hi Claire

Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly - really appreciate it!!!

You'll have to upload a photo of you dressed in purple :v_SPIN: when everything comes through for you. I do hope that you won't have to wait too much longer.

Kathryn xxx

Hi, welcome to our thread....:cute:

Congratulations on putting your state sponsership in, I know you were undecided what to do.....Bet it feels great to have finally made that decision :yes:

Yes it was a difficult decision, for hubby more. I wished we applied in Feb, but done now, so at least can follow this thread x

Yes it was a difficult decision, for hubby more. I wished we applied in Feb, but done now, so at least can follow this thread x

We were the same uummmed and ahhhhed for about 3 weeks after OH taken of CSL but we had to be sure, it was a big turnaround to what we had been planning for the past 9 months or so. Good luck with the application.:wub:

Guest antipope

Seems like we're stuck in limbo at the moment. Hoping they make a start on march's applications soon so I can get a better idea when things will start moving for us later applicants. Leave my job end of this month on voluntary redundancy so need an idea how long I'll need another job for before ss and visa come through.

Archived