WA State Sponser-Update- Where are you now? class of 2008 - 2010

cartertucker

All being well...When are you hoping to move to WA?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. All being well...When are you hoping to move to WA?

• September 2009 or Before
    • October 2009
    • November 2009
    • December 2009
    • January 2010
    • February 2010
    • March 2010
    • April 2010
    • May 2010
    • June 2010 or Later

Hi Claire,

Don't worry!

We're worried but, what will be will be!

I've been checking daily too and the only thing which has changed is the my husbands med's are now finalised but that's it.

I don't know why it takes sooo long?

I heard that once it's been issued you've only got a year to activate it from the date your police checks were issued, is that right?

I might ring them next week and just ask how long?

You'll be there before January 2010 - Definately!

I haven't even sold my house yet, but here's hoping!

Anyway let's talk positive, where in Perth are you heading, were hoping to go to Port Kennedy!

Rebecca

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mcleod275

Hi Rebecca

You do have 12 months to validate your visa from either your PCC or your medicals which ever were done first, so for you it would be your PCC so in theory you will have until 8 May 2010.

We are heading NOR hopefully Ocean Reef, depends on how far our money will stretch!! Our eldest daughter has secured a school place in Ocean Reef so we want to be close to her school.

Funny I was just on the phone to my mum and she asked if we had heard anything, told her that even if we do not get the grant until 1st January 2010, that will be fine as we have no ties here, house is sold and we will be moving in with my mum in November when the Army will want our quarter back.

I just keep telling myself I am going to look back on all this stress and laugh when I am sitting by the pool with a glass of wine in the sun!! We are really close on timeline so lets hope we both get some good news soon.

Claire xx

Guest Sebbers

Well as I thought we are now entering our 12th week and still no news on our state sponsorship. Think I might just leave the daily ritual of checking my emails for a few days and hopefully I might have something else to celebrate next week as well as my birthday - wishful thinking!

James

Well as I thought we are now entering our 12th week and still no news on our state sponsorship. Think I might just leave the daily ritual of checking my emails for a few days and hopefully I might have something else to celebrate next week as well as my birthday - wishful thinking!

James

yes same here- we are just a few days behind you so am hoping for next week- its my little girls birthday too so fingers crossed !! :spinny:

the WA SS approval comes by post. On few cases, they have sent the e-mail as well. but, by far it's been sent by post. it's time to chase the postman!

FYI, in my case, the postal delay was actually 13 days. darn india post!

Guest beverley

just so you know i am using the agent go matilda and they emailed me to say i got the sponsorship and attached the letter to the email so i could print it off straight away and send it back.

just so you know i am using the agent go matilda and they emailed me to say i got the sponsorship and attached the letter to the email so i could print it off straight away and send it back.

Thanks for that we are with Go Matilda too so at least we know the precedure.:wubclub:

Hi Guys,

Good to read all your posts, sorry that there is still no news for anyone yet....:dull:

I wasnt around much yesterday, as had to have a tooth removed & it was very painfull....(found out the tooth had an absess on its root, after she pulled it out!!!!)

& I havent been around today, as having major problems with my car & been trying all day to get it fixed....Still not done & gotta go back to the garage in a minute :arghh:

Catch up with you all again tommorow....... :0)

Guest yorkshirepud

Okay well here goes, bit worried about posting this message as I know how you all feel about ringing WA - but I rang them this morning - I know, I'm sorry, I just couldnt go another weekend without making some enquiries! And as we are not all ringing them, what harm could a five minute conversation do?

Anyway... the lady I spoke to said that they have started early March applications. She checked the system and said that ours was currently with a case officer but hadnt been before the board yet for a decision. She said that once a decision is made it will be signed off and they will inform our agent. She said we will hear within the next two weeks.

So there you go, am sure that info must help everyone else too!

Okay well here goes, bit worried about posting this message as I know how you all feel about ringing WA - but I rang them this morning - I know, I'm sorry, I just couldnt go another weekend without making some enquiries! And as we are not all ringing them, what harm could a five minute conversation do?

Anyway... the lady I spoke to said that they have started early March applications. She checked the system and said that ours was currently with a case officer but hadnt been before the board yet for a decision. She said that once a decision is made it will be signed off and they will inform our agent. She said we will hear within the next two weeks.

So there you go, am sure that info must help everyone else too!

Thanks for letting us all know.

Lets hope the board turns up next week then.

2 more weeks for you then will be easy after all this time.

Emma x

Right this is getting silly a whole week and no SS approvals!:arghh:

Lets all get together and send positive thoughts across the world in a Zenn like fashion.

Altogether now.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Right lets see if it worked on Monday. If not you werent concentrating hard enough!:biglaugh:

And no its 8.53am I havent been drinking! LOL

Right this is getting silly a whole week and no SS approvals!

Lets all get together and send positive thoughts across the world in a Zenn like fashion.

Altogether now.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Right lets see if it worked on Monday. If not you werent concentrating hard enough!

And no its 8.53am I havent been drinking! LOL

Oh Cath.....This is what this process is doing to us :wacko:

:biglaugh:

Hi everyone

I'm going on holiday to Spain tomorrow for a much needed break. While I'm away I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you all and hope that you will have had

some news by the time I get back next weekend. Hopefully there'll be a lot more blue and purple when I get back. :hug:

Mandy

xx

Oh Cath.....This is what this process is doing to us :wacko:

Ok well how about this for madness ?!! I was reading MSN horoscopes to see if it said anything positive and found something that said you could text a physic and ask a question for 50p. Yes- I really did text and ask if I will get sponsorship this month.

Spookily it came back and said " expect delays and restrictions on this situation. Theres a general mix up of energy with this ".

Your not wrong !! :laugh: Long delays..... !!

Hello folks we applied for 175 last May 2008 and then for state sponsorship in March 23rd. To be honest I think it is absolutely ridiculous we cant phone up WA and ask a simple question as at the end of the day they are a government service and if they have to dedicate one person to answering the phones then so be it, still think its awful the way the 175 is not suspended until they are actually giving them out again too. Not fair at all, I personally dont think anyone should feel one bit guilty about phoning up WA and asking, I mean realistically taking 12-16 weeks for something we were quoted 4-6 is ridiculous.

Im sitting here on holidays checking emails so doesnt matter where you go we are still putting everything on hold waiting on it.

Fingers crossed wont be much longer for any of us

Hi everyone

I'm going on holiday to Spain tomorrow for a much needed break. While I'm away I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you all and hope that you will have had

some news by the time I get back next weekend. Hopefully there'll be a lot more blue and purple when I get back.

Mandy

xx

Hi Mandy.....

Hope you have a fab holiday & enjoy every second of relaxation, you deserve it :yes:

Look forward to catching up when you get back & as you say, more blue & purple would be great.... :cute:

Ok well how about this for madness ?!! I was reading MSN horoscopes to see if it said anything positive and found something that said you could text a physic and ask a question for 50p. Yes- I really did text and ask if I will get sponsorship this month.

Spookily it came back and said " expect delays and restrictions on this situation. Theres a general mix up of energy with this ".

Your not wrong !! :laugh: Long delays..... !!

Wow! Thats amazing, but not really what you wanted to hear....:nah:

Hello folks we applied for 175 last May 2008 and then for state sponsorship in March 23rd. To be honest I think it is absolutely ridiculous we cant phone up WA and ask a simple question as at the end of the day they are a government service and if they have to dedicate one person to answering the phones then so be it, still think its awful the way the 175 is not suspended until they are actually giving them out again too. Not fair at all, I personally dont think anyone should feel one bit guilty about phoning up WA and asking, I mean realistically taking 12-16 weeks for something we were quoted 4-6 is ridiculous.

Im sitting here on holidays checking emails so doesnt matter where you go we are still putting everything on hold waiting on it.

Fingers crossed wont be much longer for any of us

Hope you having a great holiday......Now please try to relax & re-charge your batterys, enjoy yourself, you really do deserve it :cute:

All this process really takes it outa you doesnt it....

With regard to WA & phonecalls, what I really believe that they should have set up is a system where by we could check online, that way no need to bother them by phone & at least we could feel like we are 'doing something' :yes:

Guest shonz

I am soooooo kicking myself, gave into temptation this morning....... promised myself I was going to be patient, but couldn t resist the thought of being told "YES you have SS and we re currently informing your agent" but NO the answer i got was " your application is with a case officer and you'll find out in the next 3 WEEKS, is that the same bl***y 3 weeks as I got told at the beginning. Can't keep going like this up at 5am, eating, sleeping, working, living STATE SPONSERSHIP.

Shonz xx

Gave WAacall this morning, the lady said they just started processin applications on Mar. Mine was April.... finger cross and pray.... cheers, KAI

Yeah!!!!!! April applicant too! Its about time they started on March though so thats good news! I reckon March will take them some time though because the change happened then and I bet a huge amount of applications went in at about 17th,18th.

Thanks for the update though!

I am soooooo kicking myself, gave into temptation this morning....... promised myself I was going to be patient, but couldn t resist the thought of being told "YES you have SS and we re currently informing your agent" but NO the answer i got was " your application is with a case officer and you'll find out in the next 3 WEEKS, is that the same bl***y 3 weeks as I got told at the beginning. Can't keep going like this up at 5am, eating, sleeping, working, living STATE SPONSERSHIP.

Shonz xx

So know what you mean. I have been like that for the last nearly year since we put our TRA in!:goofy:

Archived