WA State Sponser-Update- Where are you now? class of 2008 - 2010

cartertucker

All being well...When are you hoping to move to WA?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. All being well...When are you hoping to move to WA?

• September 2009 or Before
    • October 2009
    • November 2009
    • December 2009
    • January 2010
    • February 2010
    • March 2010
    • April 2010
    • May 2010
    • June 2010 or Later

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Kelly and everyone else on this thread, far too many to name you all... lol :wub:

Just so you all know, I am waiting to get QLD SS and getting very impatient like some of you on here waiting for WA SS to come through. It seems from reading your threads that things may have become a little slow, just like QLD who have infact appeared to have stopped for a while...

But, if I get to the point.... Someone on our thread mentioned that their wife spoke to someone a while back at QLD who said that a proper committee has to be convened to meet and discuss every single application. So, although we are not sure, it is very unlikely that these committees meet every day, and maybe they only meet once a week or once a fortnight.

I know we are dealing with another state than you lot on here, but I am sure that they may work in a similar way and perhaps this is why yours are slowing down a little too.

I hope you dont mind me posting this here, but thought you maybe interested in the comments.

Good luck to you all :hug:

Tasha x

Hi Kelly and everyone else on this thread, far too many to name you all... lol :wub:

Just so you all know, I am waiting to get QLD SS and getting very impatient like some of you on here waiting for WA SS to come through. It seems from reading your threads that things may have become a little slow, just like QLD who have infact appreared to have stopped for a while...

But, if I get to the point.... Someone on our thread mentioned that their wife spoke to someone a while back at QLD who said that a proper committee has to be convened to meet and discuss every single application. So, although we are not sure, it is very unlikely that these committees meet every day, and maybe they only meet once a week or once a fortnight.

I know we are dealing with another state than you lot on here, but I am sure that they may work in a similar way and perhaps this is why yours are slowing down a little too.

I hope you dont mind me posting this here, but thought you maybe interested in the comments.

Good luck to you all :hug:

Tasha x

Thanks for that Tasha

That sounds right right what day was a good day last week !

That helps alot thanks once again.

Good luck with your sponsorship.

Emma

Hey WA Gang!

As the group don't seem to be getting any news from WA at the moment I thought I would share my good news with you all as I feel like we are all mates now.............we recently found out that we are going to be Grandparents for the first time :jiggy:...........still getting over the shock (we're only 40!!!)

Well that's the good news but the not-so-good news is that my daughter isn't coming to Oz with us, so now it's going to be even harder to say goodbye when the time comes! She's settled here though with a lovely lad and they are now busy house hunting so at least I'm still here to help out with all that. I'm also going to her scan with her on Friday so I'll get to see the little chap or chapess :wub:

Is anyone else leaving older kids behind??? How do you feel?

Mandy

Guest TheHollies
Hey WA Gang!

As the group don't seem to be getting any news from WA at the moment I thought I would share my good news with you all as I feel like we are all mates now.............we recently found out that we are going to be Grandparents for the first time :jiggy:...........still getting over the shock (we're only 40!!!)

Well that's the good news but the not-so-good news is that my daughter isn't coming to Oz with us, so now it's going to be even harder to say goodbye when the time comes! She's settled here though with a lovely lad and they are now busy house hunting so at least I'm still here to help out with all that. I'm also going to her scan with her on Friday so I'll get to see the little chap or chapess :wub:

Mandy

Congrats on your 1st grandson/daughter!

Hi Kelly and everyone else on this thread, far too many to name you all... lol

Just so you all know, I am waiting to get QLD SS and getting very impatient like some of you on here waiting for WA SS to come through. It seems from reading your threads that things may have become a little slow, just like QLD who have infact appeared to have stopped for a while...

Good luck to you all

Tasha x

Thanks Tasha for sharing this info with us......

It really is very good to hear, lets keep positive & hope that this is the reason for the long delays between approvals :yes:

Speak soon & have you heard purple is the new black?! :v_SPIN:

Hey WA Gang!

As the group don't seem to be getting any news from WA at the moment I thought I would share my good news with you all as I feel like we are all mates now.............we recently found out that we are going to be Grandparents for the first time ...........still getting over the shock (we're only 40!!!)

Well that's the good news but the not-so-good news is that my daughter isn't coming to Oz with us, so now it's going to be even harder to say goodbye when the time comes! She's settled here though with a lovely lad and they are now busy house hunting so at least I'm still here to help out with all that. I'm also going to her scan with her on Friday so I'll get to see the little chap or chapess

Mandy

Hi Mandy, what fab news, Congratulations....Hope the scan goes well on Friday, what a special time for you & great that you can share it with each other :hug:

I have read many threads on here about people having to leave older children behind, so im sure you can talk to others in the same situation...Im sure it will be really hard, but at the same time, you can at least take comfort from knowing that she has a caring boyfriend & is going to be secure in her own place & happy with her new little bundle......You know you can keep in touch so easily via email/Skype etc.....And as the others have said, you never know, one day, when her little 'un gets a bit bigger & she compares what quality of life is like, she may end up wanting to emigrate too :yes:

Anytime you want to talk, we are here

Guest 2pigs3piglets

hi ther all i thought you would like to read this!!!!!

lets hope we get our visa's befor this happens!!!!

There is less than one month to go before the changes to the Australian skilled migration will come into effect, as outlined in last month’s release of the 2009-10 Budget.

As of the 1 July, the Australian skilled migration program will be downsized again, so that only 108,100 skilled visas are available for people emigrating to Australia. Further, as of this date, the Government will raise the English language requirements for trades occupations in the independent skilled migration pathway so that overseas workers in trade positions are better prepared for working in the Australian workforce.

The Government has made it harder for people emigrating to Australia through the Australian skilled migration program during the recession so that those skilled workers emigrating to Australia support economic growth rather than unnecessarily add to employment competition. Not only has the Government been gradually downsizing the skilled migration program, but it has also implemented a priority processing order for all Australian skilled visas so that the program can target the skills it needs

There is less than one month to go before the changes to the Australian skilled migration will come into effect, as outlined in last month’s release of the 2009-10 Budget.

As of the 1 July, the Australian skilled migration program will be downsized again, so that only 108,100 skilled visas are available for people emigrating to Australia. Further, as of this date, the Government will raise the English language requirements for trades occupations in the independent skilled migration pathway so that overseas workers in trade positions are better prepared for working in the Australian workforce.

The Government has made it harder for people emigrating to Australia through the Australian skilled migration program during the recession so that those skilled workers emigrating to Australia support economic growth rather than unnecessarily add to employment competition. Not only has the Government been gradually downsizing the skilled migration program, but it has also implemented a priority processing order for all Australian skilled visas so that the program can target the skills it needs

Errrr, no actually didnt want to read that! :nah:

Seriously though, where did you get this information from?

I dont think we should panic (???) Surely that is still loads of visas to go around, for us already in the queue.....:unsure:

Guest 2pigs3piglets

hi there kelly there is a web sight called getting down under i have been using it since we started the process they seem to get info quickly i love it!!!!

i would post the link but im thick and don't know how lol

Guest shonz

Hi Guys,

Back again, got access to E Mails, and on checking these..... ALL 75 OF THEM....nothing absolutely nothing......when O when are they going to get onto March......am i asking for 2 much that after 13 and a half weeks i expect our SS........ Soooooooooooooooo fed up.................

Shonz xx

I don't think this is anything to worry about. It's going to be tricky for people going on "independant" skilled visas because they have to score higher points in the IELTS but it should be absolutely fine for everyone with State Sponsorship. I remember reading about the budget announcement last month and from what I can remember the number of visas they will grant has not gone down dramatically from what it was before.

I think everyone on here who is getting WA sponsorship will be fine. :yes:

Mandy x

I don't think this is anything to worry about. It's going to be tricky for people going on "independant" skilled visas because they have to score higher points in the IELTS but it should be absolutely fine for everyone with State Sponsorship. I remember reading about the budget announcement last month and from what I can remember the number of visas they will grant has not gone down dramatically from what it was before.

I think everyone on here who is getting WA sponsorship will be fine. :yes:

Mandy x

Thanks Mandy makes me feel better !

I accepted my WA SS and e-mailed the signed forms on May 21st, 2009. And after a week, I did a PLE and DIAC got back to me saying no SS is with us. Then I inquired again with WA yesterday (my first time inquiry e-mail and have never called them so far) Form 1100 to DIAC. Got a reply back within 2 hours, stating they sent it yesterday. Oh Well!. Atleast they sent it finally.

I am guessing, folks there are stretched beyond the threshold. And too many e-mail and phone inquiries from us applicants don't help the matter either.

Guest yorkshirepud
Hi Guys,

Back again, got access to E Mails, and on checking these..... ALL 75 OF THEM....nothing absolutely nothing......when O when are they going to get onto March......am i asking for 2 much that after 13 and a half weeks i expect our SS........ Soooooooooooooooo fed up.................

Shonz xx

Yep, know how you feel Shonz - just a week behind you and another week gone by - wish we knew what was happening, really frustrating just keep thinking what have they been doing for last two weeks since last SS approved?

Guest TheHollies
Yep, know how you feel Shonz - just a week behind you and another week gone by - wish we knew what was happening, really frustrating just keep thinking what have they been doing for last two weeks since last SS approved?[/QUOTE]

Sitting drinking wine in the sun like what we should be doing!! :biglaugh:

Guest mcleod275

Well did the daily ritual of checking our online status and still nothing, that's another week gone by. I have kind of resigned myself to the fact that they have run out and are not going to grant anymore until July.

Although I am sure I read somewhere that the beginning of June is really quiet as they are trying to finalise things for the end of the financial year and then at the end of June they quickly use up what is left of the quota before the year runs out???????

Heres hoping.

Claire xx

Archived