WA State Sponser-Update- Where are you now? class of 2008 - 2010

cartertucker

All being well...When are you hoping to move to WA?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. All being well...When are you hoping to move to WA?

• September 2009 or Before
    • October 2009
    • November 2009
    • December 2009
    • January 2010
    • February 2010
    • March 2010
    • April 2010
    • May 2010
    • June 2010 or Later

Guest Natty T

Its great this thread is going again, really missed it and the people on it, made some great friends.

Love seeing all the visa grants too and some have finally made it to OZ, hoping we will soon

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest triumph01

Can someone tell what is the status of people having SS pre December 2010? I got WA 's SS in April, applied on the basis of that to Diac in May & now my occupation isn't on WA 's SS:( ?

Last time I heard WA is negotiating with DIAC on matter of people having WA 's SS but not on current list of WA. Any new news/update?

Regards,

Glad to see everyone back well I have an announcement to make:

Hi Ho, Hi Ho it's off to Oz I go, with a pair of thongs and this bloody song, Hi Ho, Hi Ho Hi Hooooooooo

It's official were no longer homeowners, our house sale has completed. Have so much to do and so little time to do it in as were hoping to be in Perth very soon.

Looking forward to seeing how everyone is getting along, have really missed the updates on this thread

Thats fantastic news :jiggy: Many congrats on your house sale

Let us know when your off :cool:

Hi Kelly

Bet you are well excited about your validation trip!

We arrived in Perth on Wednesday, our uk house sale completed on Thursday, we have bought a pickup, hopefully sorted a rental in the hills, done medicare and bank and just had our first Aussie bbq whilst watchin the United derby!!! Dont feel like we have drawn breath yet and it still feels a little bit unreal but lovin it so far :biggrin:

Good luck to Andrea (Sebbers) with her journey over, I'm sure we'll see her again when she gets here.

Donna x :biggrin:

Hi All

Nice to see this thread up and running. I missed it. It is lovely to see that some people have started their new life down under, and those about to start on their new adventure.

We have only just been granted our visa (24.1.11), a long time coming, started process in 2007, so about time we had a happy end to our journey. Need to get house ready to sell, then once sold hopefully, we will be buying a one way ticket to W/A. :biggrin:

Congratulations to all new parents/to be who who belonged to this thread, nice to hear new POI are being born.

Good luck to everyone.

Donna :wink:

Guest Sebbers
Thats fantastic news :jiggy: Many congrats on your house sale

Let us know when your off :cool:

Hi Kelly,

I will of course let you know when were off, just sending passports off for renewal, once we've got those back then I will be booking the flights.

When do you go on your validation trip and how long are you there for? Have you managed to sort your accommodation yet?

Andrea

Guest Sebbers
Hi Kelly

We arrived in Perth on Wednesday, our uk house sale completed on Thursday, we have bought a pickup, hopefully sorted a rental in the hills, done medicare and bank and just had our first Aussie bbq whilst watchin the United derby!!! Dont feel like we have drawn breath yet and it still feels a little bit unreal but lovin it so far :biggrin:

Good luck to Andrea (Sebbers) with her journey over, I'm sure we'll see her again when she gets here.

Crikey you two have been busy! I will let you know when we arrive and we can arrange to meet up again x

Lovely to be hearing from all our 'old' friends :cute:

Wonderful to see that many have now 'graduated' from class :biggrin:

We are leaving for our reccie in less than 2 weeks time! :eek: I havent had time to look forward to it yet, which is a shame!

I am still trying to sort car hire...Any tips? :wideeyed:I also have to get our travel insurance sorted

Other than that, I 'think/hope' I have done everything else, although im still thinking im forgetting to sort something! :unsure:

Just two weeks bet you can't wait, whereabouts are you staying nor or sor?

....I wish I was really excited by it, but to be honest....Its £8000+ that we could have put toward our actual emigration, iykwim :wub:

We are staying both North & South, so as we can get a good look around all the areas :wink:

We are leaving for our reccie in less than 2 weeks time! :eek: I havent had time to look forward to it yet, which is a shame!

I am still trying to sort car hire...Any tips? :wideeyed:I also have to get our travel insurance sorted

Other than that, I 'think/hope' I have done everything else, although im still thinking im forgetting to sort something! :unsure:

DON'T hire a car from the airport they charge a fortune. I will foward you and email from a contact of Ediths who is much cheaper and can often arrange a transfer from the airport and then drop the car off for you..... give me half an hour to find the email xxx

Try DOWNUNDER insurance.... I know yours wont be migrant insurance (yet) but we insured the 4 of us for £40 for our journey here so can't imagine it will be much more...

DON'T hire a car from the airport they charge a fortune. I will foward you and email from a contact of Ediths who is much cheaper and can often arrange a transfer from the airport and then drop the car off for you..... give me half an hour to find the email xxx

Thanks so much :cute:

Edith did give me names of 2 rentals, car2000 & Sunset (are they the same as what you have?)

car2000 is now out of business

& I have emailed sunset

Try DOWNUNDER insurance.... I know yours wont be migrant insurance (yet) but we insured the 4 of us for £40 for our journey here so can't imagine it will be much more...

Im trying to find this, but its coming up with lots of companies, but none that are called downunder insurance! :GEEK:

Do you have a link, please :notworthy:

Thanks so much :cute:

Edith did give me names of 2 rentals, car2000 & Sunset (are they the same as what you have?)

car2000 is now out of business

& I have emailed sunset

Yes that's right and I can't find the email now, but one of the companies did offer a good price and I think he could organise to drop the car off at the airport on the day of arrival etc.... did you let them know Edith gave you their details?

Yes that's right and I can't find the email now, but one of the companies did offer a good price and I think he could organise to drop the car off at the airport on the day of arrival etc.... did you let them know Edith gave you their details?

Thanks again & yeah, I did let them know Edith recommended them...:wink:

• 2 weeks later...
Glad to see everyone back well I have an announcement to make:

Hi Ho, Hi Ho it's off to Oz I go, with a pair of thongs and this bloody song, Hi Ho, Hi Ho Hi Hooooooooo

It's official were no longer homeowners, our house sale has completed. Have so much to do and so little time to do it in as were hoping to be in Perth very soon.

Looking forward to seeing how everyone is getting along, have really missed the updates on this thread

I am singing away hun xxxx

Not long now !!!

WINE O'CLOCK TIME XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Its great this thread is going again, really missed it and the people on it, made some great friends.

Love seeing all the visa grants too and some have finally made it to OZ, hoping we will soon

Yes you are right nice to see this thread back and sending you my positive vibes you get your visa very soon xxxx :biggrin:

Hi Kelly

So happy for you Donna by the time we arrive you will be a pro in getting everything done add me to your list of meeting with the sebbers xxx

Hi All

Nice to see this thread up and running. I missed it. It is lovely to see that some people have started their new life down under, and those about to start on their new adventure.

We have only just been granted our visa (24.1.11), a long time coming, started process in 2007, so about time we had a happy end to our journey. Need to get house ready to sell, then once sold hopefully, we will be buying a one way ticket to W/A. :biggrin:

Congratulations to all new parents/to be who who belonged to this thread, nice to hear new POI are being born.

Good luck to everyone.

Donna :wink:

Fantastice news on getting your visa's about bloody time :wink:

Good luck with house sale xxx

Emma and Gang xx

Guest scubabud

hi everyone

not been on for a while nice to catch up with wot everyones doing, we had our meds on 11th feb and pc's have been uploaded keeping everything crossed now that it wont be much longer x

Archived