What is a "valid reason" for bridging visa B?

Guest beabea

Guest apajalah

hi, i just wondering is grandma's 89th birthday is a valid reason for applying BVB?

currently I am holding BVA and want to travel for a month because my grandma wants to go back to her home country and all her family will accompany her and that's why i need to go as well since i do not know whether she can travel again in the future or not.

is it possible to get a month visa?

thanks

• 1 month later...
hi, i just wondering is grandma's 89th birthday is a valid reason for applying BVB?

currently I am holding BVA and want to travel for a month because my grandma wants to go back to her home country and all her family will accompany her and that's why i need to go as well since i do not know whether she can travel again in the future or not.

is it possible to get a month visa?

thanks

I have exactly the same reason. My grandmother's 70th birthday dinner has been arranged and organised and it will be a terrible manner for me to miss it. It's really important but I guess if you take it to the DIAC, it would be fine, I guess.

According to a friend of mine who applied for a Bridging Visa B a number of times, he said he always put family matters as the intended purpose of the travel. He said he had no problems and the DIAC only asked him one question "Are you aware there is a cost for the application?".

The thing is, there will be problems arising up for those who are applying for a PR or TR. But if you're applying onshore for a student visa or other, then it should be easy for you.

Archived