Omg what's this!!!!!! Eeek!!

Rudi

Hee Hee No idea but its gotta be one of the 20 billion species of snakes that seem to inhabit Qld. lol

Guest bonefish13

Hi Rudi.

Very difficult to tell from the photo. Could be a few. But from your location in Australia, and where it was found, I would say it is an Eastern Brown Snake. Their colour can vary from pale brown to very dark brown, sometimes with banding across the back.

As with any snake in Australia the best thing to do is leave well alone. But I have to say that this side of the Australian way of life is fascinating.

Hope this helps

Tony

It's an Australian Worm .... things are bigger and better here in Aus (only joking lol)

:laugh: It was a worm with a tongue!

Well the consensus seems to be that it's either a Brown Tree Snake - completely harmless (I think it was one of these) or and Eastern Brown snake - highly venemous and bites from these can be fatal!!!

Love

Rudi

if it had been a spider i think i would have died on the spot, i go hysterical when i see one and cockroaches, god there so horrible, have you found out what time of snake it was yet??

Tania x

don't look under rocks then

Guest snow white

oh dear so its an either totally ok kinda snake or can kill you kinda snake hmmm decisions decisions

lesley x

Guest SO,DIZZY

definetly going to buy a book about australian reptilia and venimous things in general, never know, should you get bitten you would know how long you have to get to the hospital before your toast... haha dizz...

We brought our kids a book on venimous things before we came out here. read 2 pages of the book and had to put it down or would have never come!!!!

Its what you get when you live in acreage darling, you should be used to it or move were you have neighbours.

We brought our kids a book on venimous things before we came out here. read 2 pages of the book and had to put it down or would have never come!!!!

Its what you get when you live in acreage darling, you should be used to it or move were you have neighbours.

I do have neighbours.....they are called Kangaroos

Love

Rudi

Guest bonefish13

On a serious note. It is always a good idea to look into the native flora and fauna before you leave for Australia, even when your out there it might be an idea to familiarise yourself with all the local inhabitants.

It still amazes me how many Australians themselves are still not sure about how to treat potentially harmful critters. There are a lot of misconceptions about the Australian wildlife. Most peoples reaction when you mention their native flora/fauna is one of fear and loathing.

Nothing could be further from the truth, I find it amazing and a true wonder. And this is after being bitten by a Redback and Carpet Python, (long and boring stories). But knowing how to treat potentially lethal bites and stings is an education in itself. In so doing I think the vast majority of people would come to appreciate all things 'wildy' a lot more.

Best Tony

definetly going to buy a book about australian reptilia and vemouse things in general, never know, should you get bitten you would know how long you have to get to the hospital before your toast... haha dizz...

what ever bites you try and catch it so the hospital know what antivenom to give you. easier said than done i guess LOL

Guest bonefish13

Thought this may be handy for anyone who is interested. 'Dangerous Australian Animals: Cautionary Tales with First Aid and Management', is probably the best book on the market that I have ever read concerning the 'dangerous' Australian wildlife. Anyone interested should seriously give it a whirl, I would imagine it is available on that very famous rainforest site, (not sure if I am allowed to mention corporate names).

The old saying ignorance is bliss does not apply with this topic, after all the local wildlife have no idea that you may be ignorant, they may just think you are messing around.

Best Tony

Guest chris_mac

Yes i can confirm that it is definately a snake!

Did you know....The biggest snake is the Reticulated Python. It can grow up to 10.05 meters or 33 feet long!

Couldnt resist Rudi... Sorry! lol

Looks like a red bellied black snake to me, the bite can make you sick, and it can be life threatening in some cases, they don't bother people unless they are suprised or have young nearby.

Nah, don't think it was one of those - skin not dark enough and the belly was paler - more creamy rather than red.

Love

Rudi

x

Worst thing is, after all the excitement of seeing it, I forgot to close my car window last night!!!!!!! I got in this morning to drive the car thinking I was going to be pounced upon any moment!!!!

Love

Rudi

x

Worst thing is, after all the excitement of seeing it, I forgot to close my car window last night!!!!!!! I got in this morning to drive the car thinking I was going to be pounced upon any moment!!!!

Love

Rudi

x

ohh noooo i would have left it where it was ! lol i left my car window open the other week and was like ooooh how many spiders have gone bed in there, out came the dyson!!:wideeyed:

Guest donovan

Looks like a brown snake to me, we saw on last week bashing in the sun, lucky for us we were in the car 1st and hopefully the last I see over here, lol

Sarah x

Archived