carlymac

Help with hgv licence

Hi

My husband has got a HGV licence and wasnt sure how to transfer this into a australian one?? Does it cost?

Any help is appreciated.

Carly Lee and Boys

Agent assigned-June 2008, TRA sent July 08,TRA passed Oct 2008, Visa sent 12th Oct 08, police checks sent 12 jan 09, medicals done 22 jan 09, police checks passed 29th jan and waiting

Hi Carly HGV is not transferable in QLD and im sure it requires you to do both practical and written test, i would mail the dept of transport in the state you are thinking of moving too as the rules vary state to state

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Guest wayniexagt

i had to resit my class 2 hgv to gain a ozzy HR license(the equvilant). and also sit the theory test aswell.this was for perth.

from what i remember you have to sit your theory first to obtain your permit to drive (provisional)

then you can get behind the wheel for lessons.

give your self a week or so as its quite nerve racking for you and the instructors. lots of red tape to cross, the theory test is a mulitple choice and it just so happens i have a theory test sheet in my wallet ;) .

i flew into perth on a tuesday, got my permit to drive on the wednesday passed my test on the thursday and flew out to ayers rock on the friday.. my agent who put me in touch with the instructor was amazed how quickly i had done it .. if you send me a fax number ill fax the test sheet to you.