Guest marriedtoanaussie

Parents think they have won the lottery!!

Guest marriedtoanaussie

Flights booked, removal firm confirmed..mid July we are going home. After only 5 months, we have made the decision to return to the Uk and pick up our life where we left it.

Myself, husband and three young children arrived on a spouse visa in search of the Aussie Utopian dream life that was sold to us.

We said very emotional goodbyes, talked about skype,emails,telephone calls and left....ripping my children out of my parents life.

However, the beach,lifestyle, bbqs,parks are no replacement for my parents , my sisters and brothers,their cousins, my family....while they are alive and well I want us to spend good quality times with them. Once every two yrs is just not enough-how did I ever think it would be?

On balance, my opinion only, I dont think their lives are any 'better in quality' here.

I cant wait, the children cant wait, my (aussie)husband cant wait. I now have a renewed sense of pride in my Country (that is relentlessly slagged off by its own media)and can see the positives so much more-this move has been worth it, just for that...as for the work situation, our experience is that we had more work opportunities in Uk (Hertfordshire)compared to here. Also our mortgage is a tracker-fantastic!

The only upset was that our village school had filled our childrens places but I have just logged on to find an email saying they now have the space!!I am so happy I cant wait for my child to wake up so that I can tell her the news....

Australia is beautiful and for some it truely is Utopia, but its not for me.....good luck to you all x

Guest Beach Babe

Oh no!, dont do it...... dont bring your children back to this country, it's a mess and it getting worse.

Good luck with the move x

Glad you got the kids back into their school, that a headach in itself. Found out last month I didn't get any of my three choices of school........

Be happy in Hertforshire

Guest SO,DIZZY

Do what you feel in your heart is right for you..home is were the heart is and for you thats the uk.. Dont let anyone make you feel bad as its your life and no one else can live it but the work situation here is dire thats a fact.. but thats not whats most important in life.. You and your familys happiness is the greater good.. Best of luck with your move.. Take care.. Dizz

Guest Mark and Sharon

marriedtoaussie good luck and where abouts in herts are you going to live?we`ve only been here 5months also and gohome in june back to watford.

Guest marriedtoanaussie

Near Hertford. Thanks for your support. I could have probably drifted along in Oz for a year maybe two but my husband was adamant...if its not forever, then we need to get back sooner rather than later. I know it has been a difficult decision for you two and I do sympathise. My family and close friends are thrilled. I am a little embarassed when I think about some of my leaving do's-grown men crying....cringe..but I know everyone will understand and if they dont-are they worth it?

Guest guest17301

Sounds like you got your head screwed on...I wish you all the luck in the world and I'm sure your foks will be extra thrilled to have you back. Just goes to show we're all so different and everyones experience is different. For me, for now the beaches, parks, sun, sights, etc are enought to keep me here....family will come and stay..maybe in 5 years time when they don't come as often as I'd like I'll feel differently..who knows..Best of luck to you x

Guest nikkichap

When you know you want to go home, you know. At least you haven't spent years trying to make up your minds, like some people. I was only in OZ for 7 months and like you felt our lives were no better than when we lived in the UK. In some ways we were worse off as we found the dailiy living very boring. We grew tired of the easy going life style. I have only been back in the UK a week tomorrow and have found it very easy to settle back into life. My boys go back to their old school on Monday and they had a reunion with their friends the other day which was brilliant. It was good to see the joy on my boys faces. They are happy again. We all are!

I hope you try and enjoy the rest of your time in OZ. Good luck.

Nikki

Guest John Locke

Good luck with the move, I can feel the excitement in your post...again, all the best, JL

Guest tlander56
Flights booked, removal firm confirmed..mid July we are going home. After only 5 months, we have made the decision to return to the Uk and pick up our life where we left it.

Myself, husband and three young children arrived on a spouse visa in search of the Aussie Utopian dream life that was sold to us.

We said very emotional goodbyes, talked about skype,emails,telephone calls and left....ripping my children out of my parents life.

However, the beach,lifestyle, bbqs,parks are no replacement for my parents , my sisters and brothers,their cousins, my family....while they are alive and well I want us to spend good quality times with them. Once every two yrs is just not enough-how did I ever think it would be?

On balance, my opinion only, I dont think their lives are any 'better in quality' here.

I cant wait, the children cant wait, my (aussie)husband cant wait. I now have a renewed sense of pride in my Country (that is relentlessly slagged off by its own media)and can see the positives so much more-this move has been worth it, just for that...as for the work situation, our experience is that we had more work opportunities in Uk (Hertfordshire)compared to here. Also our mortgage is a tracker-fantastic!

The only upset was that our village school had filled our childrens places but I have just logged on to find an email saying they now have the space!!I am so happy I cant wait for my child to wake up so that I can tell her the news....

Australia is beautiful and for some it truely is Utopia, but its not for me.....good luck to you all x

Hi Guys,

Good luck! We are in the same boats as you...and agree with everything you say in this post. We also moved here from Hertfordshire :smile:

Tanya

All the best with your move back to life! It sounds like you were very sensible and left doors open so that you could return with relative ease! Good luck!

Guest snow white

im glad to hear you and your family have made the decision to do whats right for you and to return it is hard saying goodbye and moving to the other side of the world but if its just not right for you it would be even harder to try and put up with it and drifted along but you did the bravest thing of all and decided to get on with it move back and this will enable all of you as a family to move forward happily x

wishing you all the very best

lesley x

really pleased for you all I have been here 23 years and will be back in Uk in about 4 years but I feel exactly the same as you....slightly envious as well....I feel excited for you good luck !!! xx