English Pub in Main Ridge, Mornington Peninsula

Guest Bulldog332

Guest Bulldog332

Hi all, I run an English pub in Main Ridge. It's not quite the same as our good old boozers in London (from where I emigrated 2 years ago with my Aussie wife), but it's getting there!

I'd like to get more expats in to let me know what they think, and to have a free pint on me if they mention this site!

I'd love to have some pom friends over here (have none unfortunately!) so come on over.

Billy

Pig and Whistle

365 Purves Road

Main Ridge

HI THERE , WE VISITED THE PIG AND WHISTLE,just before the bush fires started, we were a little late for lunch having driven over specially from DONCASTER EAST, my other half is a diabetic and we were very kindley given lunch , there were 7 of us altogether we originate from Buxton in Derbyshire and our friends are from Bristol, we really had a lovely time and said we would come back another day very soon. the boys were especially liking THE SPECKELED HEN BEER which was flowing very well as it was a warm day, so we think its a great place and the food is excellant , you must of been on day off when we turned up. Dont worry we will come again RIKKI AND MARK

FREE PINT - I'm there - just let me book my ticket. Sure you want to mention a free pint - word will spread quickly me thinks! LOL :-)

Guest yorkijim

hi live in mount martha, do you still have all the old beer mats/towels etc around the place, i will definately up soon for a pint or 10.

Guest Bulldog332

Hey Jim, yes we have loads of pub stuff covering the walls (and ceilings!).

Look forward to meeting you; ask for Billy.

Guest lisa hanna
Hi all, I run an English pub in Main Ridge. It's not quite the same as our good old boozers in London (from where I emigrated 2 years ago with my Aussie wife), but it's getting there!

I'd like to get more expats in to let me know what they think, and to have a free pint on me if they mention this site!

I'd love to have some pom friends over here (have none unfortunately!) so come on over.

Billy

Pig and Whistle

365 Purves Road

Main Ridge

do u sell Carling ????:yes:

Guest Working to fish

Oh please ,no talk of beer ,got a wee head on me at the mo.

:frown:

feel sick but.

Guest Working to fish
Sure you don't fancy a cold one eddie?

img_crown_larger.jpg or maybe a product_xxxxbitter2.jpg?

No thanks mate

not at all easy but.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Tallywag

Hi Billy,

Been in your pub a few times, Fancy putting on a darts night

Then we can all sample a few pints of the amber nectar.

Just lets us know and will be there, only live in Safety Beach

Nick the Spark

ps do u need any electric work doing???

Billy

Pig and Whistle

365 Purves Road

Main Ridge

Hi Billy

I`m coming over at Christmas on a reckie so you owe me a beer, get some stella on the tap, although I am a true northener so I may have to pull the pint myself, you southeners never do it right !! :o)... I am emergrating to your area in 12 months, Mount Martha hopefully.

Question: What type of business would you say Melbourne needs more of??

Chris

Billy

Pig and Whistle

365 Purves Road

Main Ridge

Does the offer still stand? We came over in January. Having a tough time with one thing and another. Could do with a few pommie friends . We live in Mount Martha so will look you up in the Melway and possibly be over at the weekend. What are your opening times? Are you open Sunday? We have found that things tend to happen early evening here and then everything is shut! Sally

I'll be coming, am down that way a lot. There are a few Brit pubs around the greater Melbourne area. The Elephant and Castle in the city. Also Miss Marples in the Dandenong Ranges (the hills in the outer east) which is not a pub technically, but the food is nice, you have to arrive early for the sitting, but it is worth it.

Billy

Pig and Whistle

365 Purves Road

Main Ridge

Hi Billy, also are you a child friendly pub ( any activities for the kids, play equip etc)

as there are a group of us at the top of the peninsula, cranbourne, frankston and pakenham who would love a trip to you, especially for a free pint!!!

Guest Tallywag

Hello All, we have arranged a few local poms to meet at The Pig on Sunday 2pm onwards for that free pint!!!! Don't worry Billy there won't be too many, we love the place and just want others to sample the great beer and atmosphere! So if anyone else wants to join us for a traditional sunday afternoon (there will be a few kids and its supposed to be nice so they can have a run around in the nice gardens) see you there,

Nat and Nick

Hello All, we have arranged a few local poms to meet at The Pig on Sunday 2pm onwards for that free pint!!!! Don't worry Billy there won't be too many, we love the place and just want others to sample the great beer and atmosphere! So if anyone else wants to join us for a traditional sunday afternoon (there will be a few kids and its supposed to be nice so they can have a run around in the nice gardens) see you there,

Nat and Nick

See you there Nat, Nick and Annie. Good idea to put a post on here...hopefully a few others with come.

See you Sunday

Sally and Kev x

We have been to the Pig and Whistle quite a lot. Its a lovely pub with great food, great beer and a lovely garden which the boys love. Infact the last time we were there they were running around the garden and possibly one of the biggest Kangaroos I had seen hopped straight past them through the garden and down the road. (Giving us enough time to take some photos)!! Its a lovely place and the staff are always friendly and welcoming!!

Deb xx

Archived