Guest neha

Where do i fit best....

Guest neha

Hi everyone!! :)

I'm having a major dilema choosing between Sydney or Melbourne for my working holiday...I know its just a working holiday but i'm hoping to get everything and more out of it :) I'm so excited! Hopefully i'll apply for a permenant state sponsored skilled visa while i'm out there, but for now its a working holiday! :)

My interests are: horse riding (i LOVE it), music (love that too), doing fun stuff outdoors (exploring, sports, chilling out), shopping, good food, design and fashion.....and all the normal things that average 24 year olds love to do :)

As for a profession, i am a graphic designer who works closely in fashion...so like design and fashion, but am not too arty farty...

By the sounds of 'me' where do you think i fit best???

Thanks in advance lovelies. x:biggrin:

Hi. I'm probably not going to be much help as although I'm from Melbourne (but currently live in New York City) I'd say either Sydney or Melbourne would meet your needs as described.

They are different. For what it's worth friends from America who go to Aus always say to me they find Melbourne more 'European' than Sydney. It is a bit humid in Sydney whereas the summer in Melbourne is a dry heat.

Both cities have lots to offer. Sydney has the gorgeous harbour of course which is world-famous but Melbourne has amazing bars, cafes and restaurants (as does Sydney but I do think they are a bit better in Melbourne!) and that is the conventional view of most foodwriters in Australia.

Fashion is big in both cities too. Have you been to either place before?

Sandra Maxfield LLB (Hons), BA

www.eurekamigration.com; Lawyer admitted in Victoria, Australia & New York, USA. MARN 1066311

Guest neha

Thanks so much :)

I've never been to either Sydney or Melbourne, which is why its so much harder to make the decision...i can only really go by what people say and what i read....by the sounds of they're both great places :)

As a local I would make the comment that Melbourne is known as the food and fashion capital of Oz, if you know where to look and where to do you probably won't be disappointed. You just need some extra woolies in your bag for the winter, that's all !!

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”

John Quincy Adams

Guest neha

what about job prospects as a graphic designer/fashion related? does anyone know? I've been working for a magazine here in the UK and have been told a lot of the fashion mags in Oz are based in Sydney....can anyone confirm this? x