qualified and wanting to leave - help!

Guest kaznost

Guest kaznost

just joined the site after hearing Tim was going down under. 2 colleagues of mine (academics/researchers) are off to OZ after getting jobs which wanted them!! another friend of mine has just left on monday - he is a builder etc. I agree with some of the comments about this country - there is more to life than a nice house and a car...but....just starting out in my career and my boyfriend and I are looking to go there. We checked out the jobs in demand and none of ours (academic researcher and architect) were on it. I'm more worried about landing the job than the aplication process. Can someone help us make the first moves? Who do we contact first of all in the UK for help? Is there an Oz service here or do you apply for a visa first? would it help to get a talk with someone who loooks at your qualifications and tells you whether there is a chance or not of getting in? Just need help to start the ball rolling. We are 33 and 31 no children and engaged to be married. Houseowners.

any help greatfully received

thanks

kaznost

Hi Kaznost :D

Boy so many questions!

I'll try my best to help here..its been a few years ago since I did the big move mind you!

There been a post here that maybe of some interest about the costs etc

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11

The website to visit would be http://www.immi.gov.au to get you started but be warned it can take over a year. I think this have speeded up now but not sure.

As for immigration it works on a points system and you get points for age, qualification, experience etc. I would think that either one of you should be able to get in and if engaged will be treated as just the same as married. Again have a look at the paperwork on the immigration website.

You qualifications get assessed by the relevant body and they let you know how many points you can get.

I can easily say that moving here was the best decision ever. House prices are going up considerable over the last few years but it is still more affordable that it was before.!

Hope this helps

Anymore Q's just posthere and I'll be happy to help.

D

• 1 month later...
Guest elsa215

Hi

Try Go-matilda you can email or join their forum and get some answers to your questions.

We got so far with our application then got scared and confused. they have taken it over with no problems and now we hopefully are on the way. :D

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Mark&Justine

Try looking on website thinkingaustralia.com, we found them very friendly and information excellent, we arranged an interview with a consultant at a hotel in the Midlands, 90 minutes - free,

If you decide to go ahead and your serious about moving, - your looking at £1,500, half payment first, this was 12 months ago.

You will pay the remainder at the end.

We have now been transferred to an agent in Australia, who is processing our application.

Good Luck

Guest heather

Unless you have money to spare and have criminal probs I would try and do all the work yourself. It is time consuming but not difficult. All the answers are on loads of different websites and everyone is really helpful. You can get a free assesment and info from the agencies. The agencies will only be interesed in talking to you if you have enough points which I think means you would have a good chance of getting a visa. It is up to you but having done the work myself it really is not hard but you do need the time. Good luck

• 1 year later...
Guest jaggers

hi,we have just got our visa,it is a bit of a long prosses or it was for me as i have been self employed .we used a migration agent and it worked out for us,i am all for a easy life.good luck.will there be any tradesmen left in the uk.

Archived