Feeling pretty p***ed off - is this place just wierd?

Guest Susie

Hi there

I'm feeling pretty hurt and upset by the parents at my son's school. About ten days ago I gave out party invitations asking them to a birthday party for his birthday next week. The closing date for rsvping was today. So far I've only heard from a few parents saying their kids are coming. As it stands it will not be able to go ahead as we don't have enough people. I know how busy it is when you have young kids but I think at least they could've let me know. Maybe I'm just being too sensitive but he will be gutted if I need to cancel it and how do I explain it to him. I don't give a s*** about presents but I just wanted him to enjoy himself. As I work most days, I've not been at the school to remind them so I've just done it by email (addresses from a contact list one of the parents gave me) but it really pained me to do so. I feel embarassed having to do this and I hope they don't think I'm hassling them. Maybe I'm just being over emotional but I feel like crying over this. He really loves school and is happy there and likes his class so this is disappointing. Maybe yet another reason to go home.

Susie :sad:

I unfortunately stopped having birthday parties for my boys presicely because of this. Again, I am not entirely sure if people are just busy or ignorant .. the jury is still out. I have never once got a 'thank you'' card for the presents that I have got. There was one party that my son was invited to and as we could not attend I gave $25 in a card. I saw the parent in the carpark and I said ''Oh did you get the card?'' she said '' Oh .. yes'' i waited for a minute or two just staring at here. I could not help myself .. I said '' Sorry .. I am just waiting for a ''thank you''''. She looked at me as if I had two heads! What on earth are the kids going to be like. No bloody manners.

My whole of experience of communication with people in Australia is that people seem to be very laid back about getting back to you about ANYTHING and in this I include emailing to enquire about places in schools, about jobs, whatever, I always needed to chase people up. This laid back attitude was something that I thought I would really welcome there but it just really wound me up and also made me feel a little sensitive sometimes.

I agree with you. You have to chase up EVERYTHING. I don't find it laid back I find it rude.

Guest AKA63029

Am going to close this thread peeps as three years old and the OP isn't around to post/answer anymore.

Cheers Tony.

Archived