Multiple State Sponsorship Applications

Guest Bill_er_Bong

Guest Bill_er_Bong

Hi,

Anyone know if it is forbidden to lodge more than one state sponsorship application to two or more separate states at a time?

Would the states know of your applications to other states and do you think it would affect your chances if they did?

Cheers

BB

Guest proud2beaussie

Yes you can lodge sponsorship applications with more than one state,many people here on PIO have done it.

Firstly, all the states ask in their application whether the applicant has applied for sponsorship for other states.

Secondaly, the applicant have to show his/her commitment to live in a particular state. You have to research the state and show that why you have chosen that particular state not any other state.

My point is...how it is possible that at in one application you say to a particular state that i have chosen this sate above the rest and in other application you say to another state that i have chosen this state above the rest.

It means you are contrdicting your own statenments....

Yes you can lodge sponsorship applications with more than one state,many people here on PIO have done it.

Guest Morg36

It's a bit iffy as far as I 'm concerned as it must be jamming up the system, meaning a longer wait for those who genuinely wish to live in one of the states you reject,

but that's only a personal opinion

Guest Bill_er_Bong

Hi Dan, Yes, thats pretty much what I thought myself. I reckon I'll stick to the one.

Firstly, all the states ask in their application whether the applicant has applied for sponsorship for other states.

Secondaly, the applicant have to show his/her commitment to live in a particular state. You have to research the state and show that why you have chosen that particular state not any other state.

My point is...how it is possible that at in one application you say to a particular state that i have chosen this sate above the rest and in other application you say to another state that i have chosen this state above the rest.

It means you are contrdicting your own statenments....

Guest Bill_er_Bong
It's a bit iffy as far as I 'm concerned as it must be jamming up the system, meaning a longer wait for those who genuinely wish to live in one of the states you reject,

but that's only a personal opinion

Well isn't it up to the states in question to employ more people to process the applications?

One more thing....

When you apply for SS for a state you show your commitment to live in that state if your application is approved.

Now suppose more than one state approve your SS application... you obviously choose one state... it means you are not fulfilling your commitment made to other state who has also approved your SS application.

Actually it's really confusing... technically you can apply to more than one state....but practically what will be the implication if more than one state approves SS application....i don't know....really confused...please help...

Hi Dan, Yes, thats pretty much what I thought myself. I reckon I'll stick to the one.

Guest Bill_er_Bong
Arent they cutting their staff by 10 %?

Well they should work 10% harder then eh???!!! :wink:

Guest The "legdes"

Hi There,

Well we did this and were accepted .

We had reached the point where we honestly didn't car too much where in Oz we had to go and desperately wanted to be there this year.

We applied for SA and WA. We declared both on both applications. We thought WA was probably our strongest chance as we have relatives there but as for the rest of the app the same sort of info applied to both and so long as you show you've thought it through and know a bit about the area and climate you should be fine.

We were offered SA first - their wait is shorter and we have accepted it. WA don't seem to be promising a turnaround anytime soon and we feel we've been in limbo long enough so despite having family there we've not waited.

SA didn't seem to hold it against us in any way. I guess if you weren't in a rush you could wait until all you ss app results were in and then take your pick of which one to accept (so long as you did it within the time limit they set).

Open and honest worked for us. I don't think there's anything to be afraid of.

Guest tigers08
Hi There,

We had reached the point where we honestly didn't car too much where in Oz we had to go and desperately wanted to be there this year.

We applied for SA and WA. We declared both on both applications. We thought WA was probably our strongest chance as we have relatives there but as for the rest of the app the same sort of info applied to both and so long as you show you've thought it through and know a bit about the area and climate you should be fine.

We were offered SA first - their wait is shorter and we have accepted it. WA don't seem to be promising a turnaround anytime soon and we feel we've been in limbo long enough so despite having family there we've not waited.

SA didn't seem to hold it against us in any way. I guess if you weren't in a rush you could wait until all you ss app results were in and then take your pick of which one to accept (so long as you did it within the time limit they set).

hiy there, your state sponsor wasapproved after all you went through last week which is brill aint it, ours was approved same time wasnt it guys, when u say u have accepted it, what did have to do to accept it ?

Guest The "legdes"

Well I know you definately need to confirm to SA that you accept - then they promise to inform DIAC within 7 days. As to the mechanism ...I'm a bit shaky as our agent did it all for us...I think you need to have lodged with DIAC and have your case number. I'm pretty sure its a form 1100. I'm sure SA's notification to us had all this in. Did yours ? If not let me know and I'll PM a copy to you. Not sure how you tell DIAC to change you from a 175/176 family sponsored to a 176 ss either as again our agent did that.

I think you may have the 2 things to do - 1) tell diac you want to change to 176ss (2) tell SA you accept their offer - be careful with this as the offer expires after xx days (60 I think).

Hope someone else can give you something more definate.

I agree with the legdes. Nothing to worry about with this---there really are other things to worry about! A person can have a genuine interest in living in more than one state. Nothing illegal or dishonest in that. Just takes time and energy to research the states and prepare the applications.

Guest Bill_er_Bong
Hi There,

Hi there folks...

Just a quick update regarding this, as I came by some useful information....

Was speaking to a lady today from the state migration department where we lodged our SS application, and I asked her if it would be held against us if we did apply to another state. Not at all she said, no problem good luck etc... though she did add that she believed there were one or two states that didn't allow it. She then fished through her email inbox and dug out an email concerning Victoria - apparently they don't allow SS applications to them if you have any other active SS nominations / applications.

Just thought that might be handy to know...

Cheers

BB

:cool:

Now the air is quite clear...I am also going to apply for SA and WA....

Hi there folks...

Was speaking to a lady today from the state migration department where we lodged our SS application, and I asked her if it would be held against us if we did apply to another state. Not at all she said, no problem good luck etc... though she did add that she believed there were one or two states that didn't allow it. She then fished through her email inbox and dug out an email concerning Victoria - apparently they don't allow SS applications to them if you have any other active SS nominations / applications.

Cheers

BB

• 2 years later...
Hi there folks...

Cheers

BB

I can't find anything on the Victoria State Sponsorship website that states it is forbidden to apply to another state for sponsorship.

Does anyone know where it is officially writtent hat this is the case or is this hearsay?

Archived