removal issues

Guest danny jackson

Guest danny jackson

hi there,

i'm moving to brisbane soon but have been getting removal quotes around £3500 based on 20 foot containers!! too much!!! does anyone know if self loading the container is a good idea? anyone know how you go about arranging this???

cheers:wacko:

Hiya the price you give seems about right for a 20ft container. Most people use agents as customs are very strict if you self- ship, infact they are very strict if you even self pack for a shipping company, hence most people sign on the line and let the removalists do everything.

Have you tried getting 3 or 4 quotes and playing the companys against each other ? May well work in your favour.

One thing i will say is cheapest isnt always best when they are carrying your wordly possesions across the globe, have a good read of the forum and you will get a good idea of which shippers seem to do ok and which dont seem to carry a great reputation.

Good Luck with everything

Cal x

Guest danny jackson

yeah i've done that just wondered if anyone knows what the process is for self load or if anyone has done it and found it easy/hard?? thanks for the reply though!

Archived