Guest Miningtrades Operators

I sorry if I upset anyone.

I didnt mean it to come out that way ?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest proud2beaussie
Nome! Is that Aussie slang? Aldo & Eddie, Mmm is that like a local removal firm or something? :biglaugh: Come on Paul, Australia doesn't do real comedy, (well apart from Home & Away Neighbours etc). It's all imported from the Brits or America and you damn well know it kid! :biglaugh:

Who is Paul?

Guest proud2beaussie

Nope don't know him.

And BTW you should actually ask a few questions before you get on your high horse,because for your information I actually love British comedy..

Guest proud2beaussie
I dont think you have upset anyone, so please don't worry.

Cal x

I agree totally with Cal and don't think you upset anyone at all.

Guest Swing low sweet chariot
I sorry if I upset anyone.

I didnt mean it to come out that way ?

Come on Kid, you haven't upset anyone, we are just having a good bit of friendly banter :biglaugh: Look, if it wasn't for us POMS, you'd be speaking Fricken Dutch or French. :biglaugh: You Aussies are so very lucky to have such great heritage passed on from us.

Nope don't know him.

And BTW you should actually ask a few questions before you get on your high horse,because for your information I actually love British comedy..

:biglaugh::laugh:

Even funnier are the aussies and their constant whinging about "whinging" poms. Its a good job they don't get irony

Oh yes, I know a lot of good aussies and they whinge, whinge, whinge. I hear them whinge when I go into work about how cold it is. I hear them whinge about the government, price of fuel, houses, whatever! I think it's something they've made up about POMS. I mean what were they like when England Rugby team smashed them in the Rugby World Cup in 2003 and 4 years later broke their hearts again in France!

They whinged when England beat them in the Ashes 2005, they whinged when the Kiwis smashed them in the Rugby league World cup. They whinged when Great Britain gained more medals than Oz in last years Olympic games.

Your a well balance lot as you have a chip on both shoulders

Your assessment is so laughable! The Aussies don't whinge about these things, they ask why it happens and ask what they have to do about it so that it doesn't happen again. You Poms have the chip on your shoulder because you can't work out what the Aussies and Scots have over you.:biglaugh:

Your assessment is so laughable! The Aussies don't whinge about these things, they ask why it happens and ask what they have to do about it so that it doesn't happen again. You Poms have the chip on your shoulder because you can't work out what the Aussies and Scots have over you.:biglaugh:

He! He! Well, so what you're saying is that it took the Aussie Rugby Union chiefs, four years to talk about how to beat England in the rugby world cup and they still got it wrong. :biglaugh:

Guest Working to fish

You Poms have the chip on your shoulder because you can't work out what the Aussies and Scots have over you.:biglaugh:

Sorry but i is well slow ,

i cant work it out ?

could you let me know :hug:

eddie

Guest Working to fish

This was printed in the sunshine coast daily today

A Poms first day on Hamilton Island

God, its so hot and all these sandflies and mosquitos are sooo annoying, and why can't i get a nice lager, all the beer here is too cold, not to mention the food. All they talk about is something called 'state of origin' - 'not the world game'. This coconut tree is threatening to drop a coconut on my head. Oh Im getting sunburn. I miss coronation street. Wait, i see a crab, he's going to bite me, i just know it.

:jiggy:

Great ozzie humour there mate.

eddie:nah:

He! He! Well, so what you're saying is that it took the Aussie Rugby Union chiefs, four years to talk about how to beat England in the rugby world cup and they still got it wrong. :biglaugh:

That's a very weak argument. Generally speaking the Aussies usually come out on top! The Australian team is not the best at the minute but the All Blacks are. Take away the medals won by Scots in the Olympics and where would you be? I won't mention cricket or the last time Australia played England at football.:laugh:

Guest Aldo
you can't work out what the Aussies and Scots have over you.:biglaugh:

................and that is............................

Was going to put in for that job... Then thought, "WHY?" He only stays for 6 months...I get to stay here all the time and get paid to do it.

Bugga of a life, but some people manage to do it...

Cheeky020.jpg

Cheeky021.jpg

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest Miningtrades Operators

Thats good swing low sweet chariot.

I thought you guys were getting serious.

I have only been on here a couple of times , anyway please to meet you all.

Re comment, even worse, talking german.

Thanks

Mark.

Guest proud2beaussie
A Poms first day on Hamilton Island

God, its so hot and all these sandflies and mosquitos are sooo annoying, and why can't i get a nice lager, all the beer here is too cold, not to mention the food. All they talk about is something called 'state of origin' - 'not the world game'. This coconut tree is threatening to drop a coconut on my head. Oh Im getting sunburn. I miss coronation street. Wait, i see a crab, he's going to bite me, i just know it.

:laugh::laugh:

Gottta love it,I reckon whoever wrote it has been spending too much time with the Pom's.

Guest slipshot

That's a very weak argument. Generally speaking the Aussies usually come out on top! The Australian team is not the best at the minute but the All Blacks are. Take away the medals won by Scots in the Olympics and where would you be? I won't mention cricket or the last time Australia played England at football.:laugh:

True - but then again it's a bit like looking to see how many of the Australians are true Australians born and bred or who have moved here. It works both ways and until we ever have a system that works something like 'you have till the age of 16 or 18 to determine your nationality' and then have to stick with it, it will always happen.

And some Australian beer is as good as British beer, and some of it is terrible. It's a shame that here in Vic the best seller is a shocking drink. The only difference is that there is a lot more choice of beer in England - which does mean the best is very very good and the worst is bloody shocking

Hi Slipshot,

I think we Victorians are drinking a lot more boutique brands of beer than 20 years ago, when people mainly drank Victoria Bitter, Carlton or Fosters. Some of the small breweries make great beers.

Guest slipshot
Hi Slipshot,

I think we Victorians are drinking a lot more boutique brands of beer than 20 years ago, when people mainly drank Victoria Bitter, Carlton or Fosters. Some of the small breweries make great beers.

Agree with that - globalisation and other things have meant the quality is a lot better. Just a shame that so many people seem to think VB is a quality drink when for the same money there is soooo much better. Old habits and all that...

Guest proud2beaussie

But ,and I mean this with the greatest of respect,isn't it down to individual taste?

If someone thinks that "VB" is a good tasting product then why do some people think they know better? It's the same with wine or even restaurant critics.

It's all down to individual perception and if I happen to like drinking VB whose business is it apart from mine? and why do others (not saying you Slipshot,this is just a general observation) think they have the right to interfere?

I agree Nigel it is people's own tastes, I too like VB and Carlton Draught, but was just pointing out that there are lots more beers available, so most Brits who come here might find it harder to say they can't find a beer they like. And yes it's the same as wine, as I like some of the cheaper wines too, my favourite being the Rosemount Traminer Riesling (only $8 a bottle at Dan's).

Guest proud2beaussie

Absolutely agree Olly,and yes there are some fabulous beers available that maybe are better quality than VB ,but as a daily (not quite) drink VB is okay IMHO.

It's also a bit like cars,I have a "new" (12 month old) Toyota Hilux which I keep for trips to Albury etc but for every day trips to the supermarket I use my battered old 1970 Kingswood which has done over 2 million Km's and is good enough for a daily driver.

So my Kingswood is VB and the Hilux is Heineken.

Absolutely agree Olly,and yes there are some fabulous beers available that maybe are better quality than VB ,but as a daily (not quite) drink VB is okay IMHO.

It's also a bit like cars,I have a "new" (12 month old) Toyota Hilux which I keep for trips to Albury etc but for every day trips to the supermarket I use my battered old 1970 Kingswood which has done over 2 million Km's and is good enough for a daily driver.

So my Kingswood is VB and the Hilux is Heineken.

NOT THE KINGSWOOD !!! You'll have to gladwrap the numberplate !!

Archived