• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest proud2beaussie

Another bloomin Pom,still with the money he's going to be paid he shouldn't whinge,although I'm sure he'll find something to complain about !

Guest Guruju

The tourism businesses may also have a lot to complain about if it doesn't translate to actual visitors on the ground....

Julia

Guest Swing low sweet chariot

Yes, a POM has won the competition and beat 35,000 others to land the "best job in the World"! The Aussies are smiling through their teeth. HAAAAAAAAAA! Must have been his unique personality and typical British sense of humour that did it.

I can see this being a good year for us POMs, now, bring on the Ashes.

Guest proud2beaussie

Excellent point Olly ! I bet he'll find something to complain about though,probably the beer.

So a pom will have to spend 6 months telling everyone how wonderful Queensland is? Speak loudly, we can't hear you........................................................:biggrin:

Mate,

It's amazing what people will do for a lot of money! :biglaugh:

Guest Miningtrades Operators

Congratulations Ben Southall on your Hamilton Island Appointment.

All though Im an Aussie, your the next best thing.

Good one mate.

Congratulations from us.

Wish we were there.

Excellent point Olly ! I bet he'll find something to complain about though,probably the beer.

I agree with the beer, because it's bloody awful! :biglaugh:

Congratulations Ben Southall on your Hamilton Island Appointment.

All though Im an Aussie, your the next best thing.

Good one mate.

Congratulations from us.

Wish we were there.

Nice compliment, however I think you made an error?! Surely you meant to say that Aussies are the next best thing! :biglaugh:

Yes, a POM has won the competition and beat 35,000 others to land the "best job in the World"! The Aussies are smiling through their teeth. HAAAAAAAAAA! Must have been his unique personality and typical British sense of humour that did it.

I can see this being a good year for us POMs, now, bring on the Ashes.

I can just imagine what you would have said had an Australian got the job! There really would have been a BIG whinge! However, as the job entails telling the World how wonderful Australia is, I think that it will have more crediblity, to the World at large, coming from someone who is not Australian. They showed a lot of sense picking a foreigner!:yes:

Guest proud2beaussie
can see this being a good year for us POMs, now, bring on the Ashes.

Now that's a funny joke ! :biglaugh::biglaugh:.

About as funny as a pom complaining about aussie beer,no,that's not funny,that's hilarious.!

Guest Aldo
Now that's a funny joke ! .

About as funny as a pom complaining about aussie beer,no,that's not funny,that's hilarious.!

Even funnier are the aussies and their constant whinging about "whinging" poms. Its a good job they don't get irony

icon14.gificon14.gif

Even funnier are the aussies and their constant whinging about "whinging" poms. Its a good job they don't get irony

Oh yes, I know a lot of good aussies and they whinge, whinge, whinge. I hear them whinge when I go into work about how cold it is. I hear them whinge about the government, price of fuel, houses, whatever! I think it's something they've made up about POMS. I mean what were they like when England Rugby team smashed them in the Rugby World Cup in 2003 and 4 years later broke their hearts again in France! :biglaugh:

They whinged when England beat them in the Ashes 2005, they whinged when the Kiwis smashed them in the Rugby league World cup. They whinged when Great Britain gained more medals than Oz in last years Olympic games.

Your a well balance lot as you have a chip on both shoulders:biglaugh:

Guest proud2beaussie

Irony? No,never heard of it,apart from I think it's what I do to my shirts.

Guest proud2beaussie

One of two things is true,after six months the guy will either be on the first plane back to England moaning about Australia,or more likely he'll have put in for his PR visa !

Irony? No,never heard of it,apart from I think it's what I do to my shirts.

I see you're a fan of classic old time British humour. Did you get that line from the Chuckle Brothers, or what Kid? Or was it Cannon & ball or Little & Large. :nah:

Guest proud2beaussie
I see you're a fan of classic old time British humour. Did you get that line from the Chuckle Brothers, or what Kid? Or was it Cannon & ball or Little & Large. :nah:

None of them,I stick to the professionals-Aldo and eddie.

Nome of them,I stick to the professionals-Aldo and eddie.

Nome! Is that Aussie slang? Aldo & Eddie, Mmm is that like a local removal firm or something? :biglaugh: Come on Paul, Australia doesn't do real comedy, (well apart from Home & Away Neighbours etc). It's all imported from the Brits or America and you damn well know it kid! :biglaugh:

Archived