Police Office- Stat Declarations De facto

Guest Shreen

Guest Shreen

Hey Guys,

We are just about to lodge our main visa application and it was all ready to go and our agent has now said that police officer's are not accepted by DIAC for Stat Decs. Even thought on the DIAC website it says Police officers can witness and also in the partner migration book. I'm waiting for my agent to get back to me, its really frustrating, has their been a new rule bought in? Really confused and frustrated. Any help appreciated!

:arghh:

on the DIAC website it says Police officers can witness

In Australia, yes.

In the UK, as far as I'm aware, it is limited to solicitors and Magistrates' Court Clerks.

Most of my clients are not from the UK and in most parts of the world Stat Decs have to be witnessed by a Notary Public (a rather fancy solicitor) in order to be acceptable to DIAC.

Guest Shreen

In Australia, yes.

In the UK, as far as I'm aware, it is limited to solicitors and Magistrates' Court Clerks.

Most of my clients are not from the UK and in most parts of the world Stat Decs have to be witnessed by a Notary Public (a rather fancy solicitor) in order to be acceptable to DIAC.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. is this the case even if you are using an Australian Stat Dec form?

Thanks,

Shreen

Guest Shreen

This is what it says on DIAC. As you correctlys said Les Mighalls it does say will need to be witnessed by the legal practices of that country. However, it then says "Failing that, they should be witnessed by a person

whose occupation or qualification is comparable to a person included in the prescribed

persons list on page 25" This includes Police Officers.

you may obtain statements from people who know you and your

sponsor. Such statements are not statutory declarations under Australian law. However,

in accordance with policy, they should be witnessed or certified according to the legal

practices of the relevant country. Failing that, they should be witnessed by a person

whose occupation or qualification is comparable to a person included in the prescribed

persons list on page 25. This person should sign,

Archived