Free UK TV, Yes That's Right Freeeee TV !!!!

aussiedreamz

I don't know if this has been posted before but thought I would mention it as there seems to be a lot of posts on this and other forums about why we can't watch UK telly here in OZ well I won't get too techie on the matter it all has to do with licenses and television rights so unless you pay for a VPN, Hide your i.p. service or a member of the box etc..It just can't be done for free and it costs money in the long run. You do not need to be technically minded to set this up and can be watching your favourite programmes in under 5 minutes, you will not need to set up a UK proxie server and all the software you need is 100% virus free and best of all legal.

Now the downside it will only work for ITV 1,2,3 and 4 so you can catch up with yesterday's Corrie, Emmerdale or Britains Got Talent (well some Talent). But if you are looking for a hack for the BBC iplayer or Channel 4 then sorry this is not for you, but I am working on it. I have used this method for well over 6 months and it works like a dream on my computer and thought maybe it is time to share it with all fellow PIO members.

I wont clog up this post on how to do it, you can get all the info from my website, you will find all the links needed to get the software and a handy step by step guide on how to set it all up. If you follow my instructions correctly it will work for you and all your ITV programmes will then be free if you are having problems then use the conact us link on my website and I'l try to help you further, Enjoy...

Tim, If you feel this is helpful in anyway you may want to add a sticky to it for future PIO's perhaps ?

I was never a fan of Corrie or Emmerdale but I'm sure there PIO members out there who would love to catch up, as I stated before it really is easy to set up but if anyone should have any problems PM me or contact me via the website....

Guest snow white

hi

i use hide ipng and watch bbciplayer i wasnt aware you could watch itv 1,2,3 or channel 4 though i thought these were not available so very interested in looking at your site

lesley x

I don't know if this has been posted before but thought I would mention it as there seems to be a lot of posts on this and other forums about why we can't watch UK telly here in OZ well I won't get too techie on the matter it all has to do with licenses and television rights so unless you pay for a VPN, Hide your i.p. service or a member of the box etc..It just can't be done for free and it costs money in the long run. You do not need to be technically minded to set this up and can be watching your favourite programmes in under 5 minutes, you will not need to set up a UK proxie server and all the software you need is 100% virus free and best of all legal.

Now the downside it will only work for ITV 1,2,3 and 4 so you can catch up with yesterday's Corrie, Emmerdale or Britains Got Talent (well some Talent). But if you are looking for a hack for the BBC iplayer or Channel 4 then sorry this is not for you, but I am working on it. I have used this method for well over 6 months and it works like a dream on my computer and thought maybe it is time to share it with all fellow PIO members.

I wont clog up this post on how to do it, you can get all the info from my website, you will find all the links needed to get the software and a handy step by step guide on how to set it all up. If you follow my instructions correctly it will work for you and all your ITV programmes will then be free if you are having problems then use the conact us link on my website and I'l try to help you further, Enjoy...

Tim, If you feel this is helpful in anyway you may want to add a sticky to it for future PIO's perhaps ?

Just tried this. Would like to complain. You said in under 5 minutes but it took me 9 minutes :wink: It's bloody awesome!!!!

cant get the add on on your website to open help

lesley x

Hi Lesley,

I have just checked the add-on link and it is working fine. It is important that the Firefox Browser is running and not Internet Explorer or the download will not work, so basically you need to download and install Firefox then close Internet Explorer and start Firefox now visit my website again, my site address is auspedia.com/freetv write this down on some paper and enter it in the Firefox browser bar at the top. Once you are back on my website click the add-on link (stage 2) then it should appear now you can install the add-on.

One more thing this setup is for ITV channels 1,2,3 and 4 and not channel 4, I don't know how long you have resided in Australia but ITV have 4 channels in operation.

Good Luck any probs PM me again and I will try to simplify it...

Would like to complain. You said in under 5 minutes but it took me 9 minutes :wink: It's bloody awesome!!!!

Well if it took you 9 minutes you were too slow, it's definately 5 mins well 4mins 36 seconds to be exact, Glad you got it working, Enjoy...

my problem is that I cant download firefox. I go to the download button and press but nothing happens.

I had firefox on my computer ages ago and everything was running slow so took a few things off, firefox being one of them, however when I do a search under the C drive I can see that there are still some files there for firefox, but I am not able to actually open firefox as I dont have an icon for it anymore.

Have you got any suggestions?

Thanks

Tasha

Guest proud2beaussie

Sounds like a very good program,but one question,if it's streaming video does that mean I need a fast internet connection like ADSL 2? and if it's streaming content then wouldn't I have to be on a unlimited download plan otherwise it could end up very costly.

I'm not criticising,I think it's great that we have the chance to utilise the outstanding technology that's available today-and good on you for letting everyone know about it.

Would like to complain. You said in under 5 minutes but it took me 9 minutes :wink: It's bloody awesome!!!!

Well if it took you 9 minutes you were too slow, it's definately 5 mins well 4mins 36 seconds to be exact, Glad you got it working, Enjoy...

Player says technologacal difficulties typical lol

Sounds like a very good program,but one question,if it's streaming video does that mean I need a fast internet connection like ADSL 2? and if it's streaming content then wouldn't I have to be on a unlimited download plan otherwise it could end up very costly.

I'm not criticising,I think it's great that we have the chance to utilise the outstanding technology that's available today-and good on you for letting everyone know about it.

Hi Nigel, It is streaming but considering how tight and expensive Australian isp's are with uploading and downloading whether you stream or download a programme makes no difference it still effects your overall quota. If you want to save on your download quota it would be best to view these programmes off peak. Now onto speed I only have 500 mb d/load and 256 upload and I am able to view it no problem so ADSL2 is not neccassary but you are right the faster connection the better it will be...

Hi Nigel, It is streaming but considering how tight and expensive Australian isp's are with uploading and downloading whether you stream or download a programme makes no difference it still effects your overall quota. If you want to save on your download quota it would be best to view these programmes off peak. Now onto speed I only have 500 mb d/load and 256 upload and I am able to view it no problem so ADSL2 is not neccassary but you are right the faster connection the better it will be...

I have adsl 2 and have a problem with watchin footy action from club website as well as other video , get a lot of stuttering norman collier syndrome , bit of a pain and thought with adsl would not have a prob thanx

my problem is that I cant download firefox. I go to the download button and press but nothing happens.

I had firefox on my computer ages ago and everything was running slow so took a few things off, firefox being one of them, however when I do a search under the C drive I can see that there are still some files there for firefox, but I am not able to actually open firefox as I dont have an icon for it anymore.

Have you got any suggestions?

Thanks

Tasha

Hi Tasha, Have you made sure that the Firefox programme is fully uninstalled from your computer you can check this by clicking Start>Control panel>Uninstall programme. If it is not there then your best bet is to remove the Mozilla Firefox folder manually, click Computer>C Drive>Programme files>Mozilla Firefox delete the folder, now reboot your computer and try and download Firefox again...

Just to add do not delete the Programme Files folder just the Mozilla Firefox folder or you will bugger up your computer...

I have adsl 2 and have a problem with watchin footy action from club website as well as other video , get a lot of stuttering norman collier syndrome , bit of a pain and thought with adsl would not have a prob thanx

If you have ADSL2 and speeds above say 1500 then you should not really be having this problem. There are a number of factors that can cause this, one being too many people using the same website at the same time but most modern day servers are more than capable of accomodating for this or you may even have a fault with your phone line why not contact your isp provider and get them to re-test your line just to be sure.

hi Bloody fantasic thanks, now we got the lot........ ITV PLAYER and BBC i player heaven proper telly at last, sick of watchin stuff i saw 12mths plus ago THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH, well folks thats me off the computer for a while me thinks lol

No problem glad to be of assistance, can I ask how you watch the BBC iplayer?

Hi Tasha, Have you made sure that the Firefox programme is fully uninstalled from your computer you can check this by clicking Start>Control panel>Uninstall programme. If it is not there then your best bet is to remove the Mozilla Firefox folder manually, click Computer>C Drive>Programme files>Mozilla Firefox delete the folder, now reboot your computer and try and download Firefox again...

Just to add do not delete the Programme Files folder just the Mozilla Firefox folder or you will bugger up your computer...

No - still not working...:arghh:

When I press the green button I now have this error showing -

Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\programFiles\bitcomet\bitcomet.exe

R6030

-CRT not initialised

So, I no that for my downloads I usually use Bitcomet, but it is not letting me into it anymore... not sure why... something gone wrong with it and this is why I think I am unable to download anything now...

Any suggestions... I am lost now... dont know how to get my bitcomet back and whether i need this to download or not! Sorry not that technical with computers!!!

Thanks

Tasha:wubclub:

Well, I have got around the problem quoted below, which I think was due to IE8. I downloaded google chrome which in turn allowed me to download firefox. I followed your instructions and its great that I can see the old soaps now.

However, it wont allow me to do the live stream. It is saying that as I am not in the uK this is not possible! Is this possible? Anymore suggestions???

Thanks

Tasha

No - still not working...:arghh:

When I press the green button I now have this error showing -

Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\programFiles\bitcomet\bitcomet.exe

R6030

-CRT not initialised

So, I no that for my downloads I usually use Bitcomet, but it is not letting me into it anymore... not sure why... something gone wrong with it and this is why I think I am unable to download anything now...

Any suggestions... I am lost now... dont know how to get my bitcomet back and whether i need this to download or not! Sorry not that technical with computers!!!

Thanks

Tasha:wubclub:

Guest carla81

I was wondering if you could help me out as we are talking about t.v's! We have got a plasma made by Hisense, not a well known make but i was wondering if anyone would know if an english tv works out in oz if we ship it over?Any help and advise would be fantastic! Im going to miss Holyoaks!!

Carla

Well, I have got around the problem quoted below, which I think was due to IE8. I downloaded google chrome which in turn allowed me to download firefox. I followed your instructions and its great that I can see the old soaps now.

However, it wont allow me to do the live stream. It is saying that as I am not in the uK this is not possible! Is this possible? Anymore suggestions???

Thanks

Tasha

Hi Tasha,

Well at least you have got Firefox running, you cannot watch live streams with this setup, it is meant for the ITV catchup player only, so you can watch programmes in the last 30 days but not live....

Guest weemee

Managed to do it on second attempt. Husband now thinks I am a computer whizz. Won't see him for hours now as he is away to watch Hell's Kitchen.

Hi Tasha,

Well at least you have got Firefox running, you cannot watch live streams with this setup, it is meant for the ITV catchup player only, so you can watch programmes in the last 30 days but not live....

Thanks for helping on this setup. It is fantastic - You just need to let us know when you get BBCi player working and then I will be REALLY happy!!! :wink:

Thanks again!

Tasha

Thanks for helping on this setup. It is fantastic - You just need to let us know when you get BBCi player working and then I will be REALLY happy!!! :wink:

Thanks again!

Tasha

I think you will be in for a long wait on the iplayer, it is a tough nut to crack and the bods at the Beeb seem to be on the ball when anyone attempts to hack it, as soon as someone finds a loophole in the iplayer the boys at the Beeb instantly fix the problem (damn them). I will let you know if I'm successful in providing a free iplayer to the masses but don't hold your breath anytime soon...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mbriody

Hi aussiedreamz, can you tell me what kind of internet plan you have?

I haven't looked at your solution as I primarily get my UK TV from Usenet, downloaded off peak. And before anyone raises issues with this I can't see a problem for material which is freely available for streaming anyway.

Anyway I am on 200GB per month (60 peak, 140 off peak) and I'm even finding this pretty restrictive having come from unlimited downloads with Virgin Media. Are there any truly unlimited plans (without ridiculous throttling) available over here?

Does your method allow you to view/download off peak? Do you know what sort of size a typical streamed programme is? Via Usenet or torrents my current programmes are around 250 to 350Mb per half hour.

Archived