Getting cold in Perth!

Guest guest17301

Guest guest17301

OMG just popped out to put the rubbish out and it's freezing! Nearly 10PM in Perth. Really chilly tonight..I hate winter- want those long hot nights back!

Yes I was told how cold the nights can become and how the houses feel cold- well now I can safely say you were right!

Please tell me it's an exceptionally cold night for the time of year-can't get too much colder -can it??

May have to invest in some more blankets........:shocked:

Aint it just - just been out myself clear skys and 12 degrees on the thermometer!

Hate to say it but... it will get colder - nights can get down to 3 - 4 degrees with the odd frost here and there and the houses never seem built for such coldness????????????????????

I'm offski to buy another heater tomorrow - bet the prices go up :-(

Guest guest17301

Its weird because the temp during the day is still lovely, when the sun shines its hot..seems to plummet overnight..off to find my PJ,s (if I packed any-probably gave them all away-along with my coats, boots etc, lol)

Guest Guest26012

It does get cold! Im sat here with a jumper and furry slippers on! We need to go out and gather some wood for our wood burner! I keep telling myself how cold it was in the uk, but you forget and become climatised quite quickly!

It certainly gets colder - you won't just be looking for your PJ's you'll be trying to find your bed socks too. If people have electric blankets bring them, you will want to use them in winter.

Ali

Guest guest17301

Nice and warm in the sun this morning- and I kept waking up really hot?? Think my internal thermostat is confused:wacko:

Does anyone have any views on visitors from UK over winter..when is the best month for them to come if at all? I don't want my family to get the wrong idea about Perth and think it's all rainy and dull! My mum doesn't like the heat so thought she may appreciate the cooler months, though some sun in the day would be good too..

Guest Tim

Winter can be a bit hit a miss - it will be colder and there's alsways a chance of rain - the days are also shrter - as the dancing kangaroo said (sorry Daz :-)) it does get colder in August. Best Time I reckon is Early Apil of Dec - just before or after the hot months of Jan / Feb if heats an issue.

I'm trying to think of when my daughters riding lessons were cancelled due to rain last year and think it was about july - august, (they only cancell if it's pouring down and persistent) and she had several lessons cancelled. My dad came in September - Oct the first time, November - Jan the 2nd, he liked it a little cooler. OH's parents Feb - April (and loved it ... are coming in December this year), OH's brother just visited over Easter and they thought that the weather was really warm (whilst we thought it had cooled).

Ali

Archived