We've been chosen for new Wanted Down Under series!

Guest garynhelen

Guest Ozzy7

I loved watching those series they were so helpful and gave us a view of what life down under is like, is there anyone on the forum that was on the show that now lives in Perth?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest suzziepoo
Well I just sent an e mail to wanteddownunder@bbc.co.uk with a few details about ourselves.

Try to be as interesting as possible, and include some of your dilemmas about emigrating!

We applied the same way, I e-mailed them a brief family description then a few days later got an application form.

Just enjoy yourselves when completing the application,I had a laugh. We are know off to Cairns in July yee haa. :laugh:

• 3 months later...
Guest stellios

Just wonder if we are way too late for the picking process? I have sent an email a few weeks back but struggled to find details on the bbc site confirming that a new series was going to be made at all. We are considering Brisbane but would be open to other areas including New Zealand.

I am not going to reapply, as just after I applied last time and hadnt heard back, I booked up my reccie for March next year, then they contacted me saying they were interested. I didnt fancy going to Perth where they were going and also didnt have enough hols to go away this year as well as March next year. So now that they're looking for people for start of next year, it wont suit me either, even if they do go to where I want!!

Typical, it wouldve been ideal as a reccie if I'd been picked before booking up myself. I did recommend my sister so maybe she'll get chosen.

Guest leighanna

hi all ,

i received an e-mail only last week asking me to fill a more detailed questionare in ,not sure for which series but did state that we had got through the prelimanary stage and outlined what they would require from us.....my chin hit the floor as we had forgotten all about it ! hope we make it on the show.

regards leighanna

Guest garynhelen

good luck everyone, we went to Darwin in June for WDU and had a fab time, busy filming schedule, but a great experience! Just waiting for visa now arrghh!!!

Guest garynhelen

We liked Darwin, but the cost of living up there is quite high as we found out during filming, and I wasn't impressed with the box jellyfish problem which means you can't go in the sea for much of the year! (unless you're very brave!) Sunsets were fabulous though, and the weather was amazing! So the trip really helped us make our minds up that WA is more suited to us than NT, but definitely want to move to Oz and kids are convinced now too!

Guest KellyandTom

Hi everyone, just reading the thread - really looking forward to seeing the series in the New Year (especially with PIO people on there) - it always cheers us up in the bleak winter! Look forward to hearing how everyone else gets on. Kelly

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stellios

Message to the chosen ones! How long was it before the producers contacted you after submitting the application form?! We are really struggling to work out the best way of trying things out before we make the move or just make the move! We are such a large family it will cost us a small fortune to all go out. At the moment we are wondering whether just one of us should go sooner rather than later (one has to stay due to child care). The programme really would be perfect for us! - I wish they did let you know if you hadn't made it!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest stellios

Hi to anyone who may be able to help following this thread! Have now had a telephone interview (not the whole family just me) that I felt really didn't go that well- I had worked the day before 10am-midnight in a busy A&E dept. and was a liitle out of it and nervous on the phone. This was about 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything since. Can anyone tell me how long after the telephone interview they waited to hear? Finding it really hard to plan our next move and feeling we are in a state of limbo! I am sure anyone who has been through the process can relate to this!- any advice gratefully received!

Hi Stellios,

I also had the telephone interview and hadnt heard back for a few weeks. I wasnt that keen as they had told me we wouldnt be going to QLD but Perth as that is where they would be filming, but still wanted an answer.

I called the guy back who had contacted me as I had his mobile number, and he apologised for not getting back to us as it had been hectic but they had all the families now for that series. He said he'd contact me again for the next series, which he did about a month ago, but as we'd booked our holiday now, I didnt bother.

I would just call them back if I were you.

Good luck,

Shaz

Hi to anyone who may be able to help following this thread! Have now had a telephone interview (not the whole family just me) that I felt really didn't go that well- I had worked the day before 10am-midnight in a busy A&E dept. and was a liitle out of it and nervous on the phone. This was about 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything since. Can anyone tell me how long after the telephone interview they waited to hear? Finding it really hard to plan our next move and feeling we are in a state of limbo! I am sure anyone who has been through the process can relate to this!- any advice gratefully received!

Hi, my wife and I had our phone interviews about 2wks ago also. Just waiting to hear if we're thro to the next stage. I doubt it tho cos we have our visa in place and are set on going if we ever sell the house but that's a different thread!. I think they want families/ couples where the move it is a little more undecided. I did try to be controversial during my interview tho and make out the wife was the main driving force and i was more uncertain but dont think i did a good job. If we get thro to the next stage it will be good but we aren't holding our breath. We've booked our visa validating trip now anyway but really want to sell the house so we can just go. We really understand the feeling of being in limbo, it's driving us mad and is really difficult to keep positive...........the wait continues..................

Hi Elliot Family,

I thought exactly the same in that they wanted people who were more undecided about it. I did say my husband was the keener one, and I'd miss my family, but also wanted to show we were not just in it for a free holiday. They kept asking what would change my mind, and I said that we were pretty much decided we wanted to go for it, and committed etc having applied for the visa, but that may have been the wrong thing to say.

It turned out that they werent keen on the fact my husband had spent a short while there in the last few years, albeit on his own with work, but they'd rather none of the family had been before so that it was a totally new experience.

I also had ended up booking a trip, and given that all the filming would've eaten up all my hols from work, couldnt have managed going out twice even if they did pick us.

It would be perfect though if they went where you were wanting to go, and you hadnt booked a trip already. Also, I assume they'd want someone at the very early stages of applying for the visa so that they'd hope that the show would sway your decision whether to go for it or not.

Shaz

• 2 months later...
Guest sal 222

Hi ..just picked up this post......excellent well done! We were filmed in August and it is being aired in Jan!! I'm really interested to chat to people who have been on the programme or about to be on it..please get in touch by pm that would be great thanks,

all the very best -

sally

Guest garynhelen
Hi ..just picked up this post......excellent well done! We were filmed in August and it is being aired in Jan!! I'm really interested to chat to people who have been on the programme or about to be on it..please get in touch on my pm that would be great thanks,

all the very best -

sally

Hi Sally,

we were filmed in Darwin in June and our programme is going to be aired In Jan too! We had a fantastic time and would do it all again! ( But might change our minds when we see the programme!!)

Helen:err:

Cal do you know when your update is being shown??

Julie x

No,, i think as they edit and complete them they go on TV,, so will depend who's they start on next i think. I could only see the one listing for Jan 4th when i looked,, they have said they will let me know when it will be shown ,so if they do i will let you know.

Cal x

Archived