We've been chosen for new Wanted Down Under series!

Guest garynhelen

Guest garynhelen
congrats thats so exiting. how did you go about it? when does series start? cant wait

We emailed in January, then got an application form sent a few weeks later. Didn't really take it too seriously so my OH put loads of daft things in it. I guess it grabbed some attention!

New series is set to be aired in New Year.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest garynhelen
congrats, we filled out the application form but never got any further, i hope you have a wonderful time.

Karen x

Sorry to hear that, but at least you dont have to crash diet for the camera!!

Guest The Pom Queen

What wonderful news, you must be so thrilled and what a great start to your new life Down Under. The best news being that it is all expenses paid. Make the most of it and I hope you find somewhere you would like to settle, who knows they may even get you set up with some employment leads.

We emailed in January, then got an application form sent a few weeks later. Didn't really take it too seriously so my OH put loads of daft things in it. I guess it grabbed some attention!

New series is set to be aired in New Year.

well done have fab time.!! who did you email? what website was it advertised on ?

Guest donovan
Sorry to hear that, but at least you dont have to crash diet for the camera!!

Hey when we were filmed I always tried to stand by the biggest person around, so I looked slimmer, lol they edited that bit out though (gutted), just make sure your tv is not set to "wide" screen when it comes on, and hope everyone else does the same.

Sarah x

Guest West Sussex Si

All the best for you guys.

We always watch WDU, (even on the i player) just to guess what the family will do.

We wish you all the best, just hold your belly in for the camera. I've been practicing for the past 12 months........ready for when I hit the Perth beaches!

Guest gary12

It is a great opportunity, well done you must be really excited. One question, why are they sending you to Darwin or QLD when you want to go to Perth?

I am just wondering if those infuriating people who go on the program and decide it's not for them have been sent to the wrong place.

best of luck

Michelle

Guest garynhelen
It is a great opportunity, well done you must be really excited. One question, why are they sending you to Darwin or QLD when you want to go to Perth?

I am just wondering if those infuriating people who go on the program and decide it's not for them have been sent to the wrong place.

best of luck

Michelle

we were a bit disappointed at first, as we had our minds set on Perth having been there and loved it! But on consideration, we decided it would be an amazing opportunity to see what another region of Oz is like. We may even reconsider where we finally end up settling. As far as the programe goes, they simly need to make sure they provide a varied series, and show different parts of Oz.

By the way its almost certain thats it's going to be Darwin sometime this summer. (At least weather is warmer and drier in Darwin at that time of year!)

hi there are a few 'WANTED DOWN UNDER ' pio on here DONAVON being one of them, a lovely lady she is too, We were nearly chosen for the LOCATION LOCATION DOWN UNDER SERIES , THEY CAME TO OUR HOME IN THE UK , but we were pipped at the post once we arrived in Oz.Good luck and hope you have a great time, I met Sarah the other week she lives on the gold coast.

Guest garynhelen
I'm waiting for the new series coming out soon. It's called "Not Wanted Down Under". I'm first on the list.

I've heard they send to to a place where they grow sour grapes! It's five miles from 'The Slough of despond'

I've heard they send to to a place where they grow sour grapes! It's five miles from 'The Slough of despond'

Tell me about it. Can't get enough points, can't get sponsorship, Our property has lost a fortune so I'm stuck her in Old Blighty for a while.

So unless I come into some money...... and I mean enough to retire on or go for a Students Visa job, I've had it I'm afraid.

Good luck with your mission garynhelen

Guest garynhelen
Tell me about it. Can't get enough points, can't get sponsorship, Our property has lost a fortune so I'm stuck her in Old Blighty for a while.

So unless I come into some money...... and I mean enough to retire on or go for a Students Visa job, I've had it I'm afraid.

Good luck with your mission garynhelen

Gosh, that's really sad. I hope you win the lottery or something!

Guest anza

So pleased for you!!!! We applied for the latest show aswell but haven't heard a thing back. I assume we must have sounded boring (well I suppose that's the stereotype of an accountant!!!!!).

Hope it all goes well - keep us posted!!

Andrea

• 2 weeks later...
Guest suzziepoo

Hi, we too are through ! we are off to Cairns in July can't wait. When are you guys away ? Are you extending your stay ? We are for a week ! If only we had longer ! The interview with the film crew was very nerve racking don't you think ? Am a bit apprehensive about the 2 day filming (i'm thinking about the weight loss ).

Good Luck Suzie, just be yourself and you will be fine, it feels like donkeys years ago that we came out to make the pilot for this series but i havnt looked back once, it gave us a great chance to have a look around and see what was what. Relax and Enjoy!!

Good Luck

Cal x

• 2 weeks later...
Can't believe it! Not sure where we're going, (hoping to move to Perth) but they might send us to Darwin or Queensland! Still, it's a free trip down under, so not complaining!!

Positive skills assesment back, (Welfare Worker), waiting for IELTS results, then will complete visa application online. All looking good at the moment.

We're on facebook: Gary Ward (leeds network) and Helen Ward (Leeds Network)

Well done...I filled out the application aswell but didn't get chosen, i'm jealous...lol

Have a great time....

Lynne xx

Guest garynhelen

We've done the UK filming, had a great time, the guys were really friendly and fun to work with. Two and a half days felt like a week though with everything crammed in. Cant wait now 'till we're off to Darwin in less than four weeks time! Not sure how I'll feel when we land at 4.40 am with a camera in my face!

Be encouraged anyone who's waiting to hear. We're the first to be filmed. and they're still looking for families. Also, they might do two series back to back so that's 40 families in total!

Good luck to everyone who applies.

We've done the UK filming, had a great time, the guys were really friendly and fun to work with. Two and a half days felt like a week though with everything crammed in. Cant wait now 'till we're off to Darwin in less than four weeks time! Not sure how I'll feel when we land at 4.40 am with a camera in my face!

Be encouraged anyone who's waiting to hear. We're the first to be filmed. and they're still looking for families. Also, they might do two series back to back so that's 40 families in total!

Good luck to everyone who applies.

hi good luck and enjoy. how do we apply?

Guest leighanna

Hi

I've just sent an e-mail to them so fingers crossed people hope we all get on the show it would be great. well done garynhelen and suzie , hopefully i'll be joining you

soo jealous leighanna

Guest leighanna

it would be so funny if we all got on...we would have so much to talk about.

good luck the dougans

Archived