Sign in to follow this  
cartertucker

Teenagers/Kids views on WA/Perth please

Hi....:cute:

We are hoping to move to Western Australia at the begining of 2010 with our sons, who will be aged 6 & 17 years

I would love to hear from you guys as to what life is like for you in Western Australia, so I can tell my boys

Thanks so much :notworthy:

Guest lauze

HI!

My name is laura and im 18, i love Perth so much! The schools, people, city and weather is fantastic. Where abouts in Perth are you moving to. Im in Baldivis, south of the river inbetween Rockingham and Mandurah. I moved over to perth when i was 16 and had to go back to school, even though i had finished my GCSE's in England, im glad that i did go back as it was much easier to make long term friends, and others my age hadnt finished school yet as they are a year behind. Every one was so welcoming.

if you have any questions just ask

x

HI!

My name is laura and im 18, i love Perth so much! The schools, people, city and weather is fantastic. Where abouts in Perth are you moving to. Im in Baldivis, south of the river inbetween Rockingham and Mandurah. I moved over to perth when i was 16 and had to go back to school, even though i had finished my GCSE's in England, im glad that i did go back as it was much easier to make long term friends, and others my age hadnt finished school yet as they are a year behind. Every one was so welcoming.

if you have any questions just ask

x

Hi Laura....

Thanks so much for your post, its great to hear that you are loving Perth & have made friends easily.

We havent decided for sure where we are moving yet, but looking South WA at the moment

Would you mind telling me what kind of things you guys get up over there, say at weekends & in the evenings? What age can you drive?

I have heard that it can be a little boring for teens, as there are no theme parks etc...So it'd be great to hear the other stuff you do :cool:

Thanks again :cute:

Guest lauze

Yes to be honest it is a little boring for teens over here, there is one theme park south of the river called adventure world, but is nothing compared to the theme parks in england, the rides include water rides as well as roller-coasters but arn't that good. There are events and festvals in Perth and Fremantle where performers come and entertain, and every year there is the perth royal show! This is a very good day out and is enjoyable for all ages. it includes stalls, rides, stunt car shows, etc and is finished of by an amaizing fire work display.

The beaches here are great at the weekend there are surf clubs to join as well as just hanging out with friends!

16 is the age you can start learning to drive, you get your L plates. At 16and 6 months you have to sit your phase 2 test which is a practical, and then you complete 25 hours of driving with an adult, then at 17 years old you sit your P's test which is computerised, and it is not until you get your P's that you can drive on your own!

Again i hope this has helped, anything else just ask. x

Guest jmac

Hi. I was just looking over old posts on behalf on my son (who will kill me when he knows i am doing this but he is out celebrating gcse results so he will get over it) and noticed you have a son who is 17. We are moving to Perth - flights booked for 5th Jan 2010. Cant believe it's real! Anyway my son has just turned 17 and would like to get to know people before we get over there as making friends will make the move so much easier. He is under the name Jordy Mcc on this site and I was wondering if your son would like to chat to him. He is really looking forward to the move and I know that if he is happy we will all be happy. It is going to be hard for the teens so the more friends the better.Thanks, Rhonda