Interesting Book for Nurses thinking of coming to Australia

Guest SSC

I've recently come across a book written by a British nurse who emigrated to Australia. It explains the differences in nursing between Australia and the UK and there is a free introductory download.

I think that is a long overdue publication which is written from an independent perspective.

It looks like it will answer lots of questions people have about nursing in Australia and according to the website it will be due out in May.

• 3 weeks later...
can you give us the website? or how we can get hold of this book

You can find information on the book on this website Nursing Australia: An eBook Guide to Working and Living as a Nurse in Australia

It's good because it's not written from a migration agent or recruitment perspective - it's been written from a nurse's point of view.

The author - Emma Bates a Registered Nurse in NSW - has packed the book with lots of information she wish she'd known when she migrated to Australia and also the differences on nursing between the two countries.

I think it's a well overdue publication. I believe it's coming out at the end of May.

• 3 months later...
Guest ashmalog
:jiggy:I downloaded the full version of this book a couple of days ago and it is great!!, very informative and helpful!! Would certainly recommend it!!

great sample but where did you download the full version of the book and how much did it cost?

Guest sylcaddies

I bought this publication and it is well worth the money, very informative and there is an invaluable section on medications and the different names used in Australia. There is also a sister publication about the Australian Health System which is excellent too. Would highly recommend them both.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest ashmalog

i have been working in australia for 2 years now as a nurse - general practice and the stories i have to tell are amaxzing, opens one's eyes for sure

• 6 months later...

Archived