anyone in here emmigrating from rep of ireland???

Guest shirley v

Oh it's like looking in a mirror!!! WE ARE SO SAD!! Worst thing of all is i gave up my job in civil service(i Know i'm mad) to look after my two year old and since all this the poor kid has been so neglected. I'm on the internet all day every day trying to figure out how we are gonna get a visa since 457 changes!!

Actually i'm just thinking maybe Stalker in on the SOL maybe thats the answer!!!!

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shirley v

would ye believe im in a simular situation, the company i work for down graded our office i was supposed to take my redundancy but they granted me a further 6 months to make my decision either to take the money or stay in my job, i have 4 mths left so i have to get things moving quickly. i dont know what to do, if i take the money leave my job and dont get the visa what do i do then! its soooooo stressful,ah well these things are sent to test us eh!!

Guest cuba267

wow. the sun is out.

that must mean the country is fixed again.

now i don't have to go to oz, i can vote fianna fail, i can get sick and not worry, i can put my money in the banks, get a few mortgages, send my kids to church, hang the washing out.....

yippeeee, lovely little sunny eire.

Guest Seipeal1

Just took a look in here for first time and was delighted to see the thread.

We are from Dublin moving (we hope) to Adelaide soon on 475 regional visa. Initially applied for 176 family last year and not willing to wait up to 3 years for PR so applied for SA State Sponsorship in FeMarch. Got approval 2 weeks ago. Now waiting for case officer. Medicals and police checks done. Hopefully just formality now. House sold is the most important thing. Good to read about you all. Keep talking, it lightens the load. Would be interested in corresponding with anybody heading to adelaide in next few months.

Mick, Dee, Jake, Jenna.

Hi Seipel1,

Lucky you off so soon!! There is a few irish couples that have posted on the irishforum.com who have just settled in Adelaide if thats any help. Though I come here as there is masses of info here!!!! Far busier, but it might be worth reading their posts.

We are hoping to get to Perth next year.

Cheers

Caz

Guest johnie

hi all

moved to coomera from waterford on the 28 of april on the skilled visa wife and i love it here any irish in this area also i,m a carpenter 15 years experance anyone have job leads .to all processing visa stick with it .it is worth it in the end

Guest catty

hi guys very very new to this myself.. but anyways here goes applied for 175 30 dec 08 case officer 27 april 09 meds and garda clearance deadline 27 may- done and now the waiting begins!!! oh and used an agent.

:eek:

Guest cuba267
hi all

moved to coomera from waterford on the 28 of april on the skilled visa wife and i love it here any irish in this area also i,m a carpenter 15 years experance anyone have job leads .to all processing visa stick with it .it is worth it in the end

Hi Johnie

How long did the whole process last for you and when did you apply? Lucky sod, getting ahead of us all there....

Guest cuba267
hi guys very very new to this myself.. but anyways here goes applied for 175 30 dec 08 case officer 27 april 09 meds and garda clearance deadline 27 may- done and now the waiting begins!!! oh and used an agent.

:eek:

Hi Catty

Welcome to PIO. You said your new to this but you seem sorted. If you have a CO already then you've done all you can do. Its a bit of a mad panic getting the clearance in and the meds (rip off, by the way). So, yep, the waiting begins. (I'd love to know how long it takes for the co to make a decission but, even though i've checked, i don't have a clue)

Guest babyonboard

hi i am in the process of applying for temporary residency. actually handing in our application this morning. feeling a bit nervous i might add!

Guest catty

hi Cuba267, we seem to be at the same stage as far as i can gather. yes the waiting game begins our agent told us that the usual time frame for a decision is @2 weeks but it could go either way we are a week into this now so fingers crossed. i am away for a few days now so i am not checking my e mail till im back on sunday (normally check about twice a day)so im hoping for good news then! keep me posted on your situation! lovin the sun...

Guest cuba267
hi i am in the process of applying for temporary residency. actually handing in our application this morning. feeling a bit nervous i might add!

Welcome to PIO - it will feel good to get that application off!

Guest cuba267
hi Cuba267, we seem to be at the same stage as far as i can gather. yes the waiting game begins our agent told us that the usual time frame for a decision is @2 weeks but it could go either way we are a week into this now so fingers crossed. i am away for a few days now so i am not checking my e mail till im back on sunday (normally check about twice a day)so im hoping for good news then! keep me posted on your situation! lovin the sun...

Hi catty

Two weeks??? Did you e-lodge your application or do it on paper? I'm into week 5 now and I have a sneaking suspicion I'm not going to hear anything again until after 1st July (new Aussie year for quota).

Guest catty
Hi catty

Two weeks??? Did you e-lodge your application or do it on paper? I'm into week 5 now and I have a sneaking suspicion I'm not going to hear anything again until after 1st July (new Aussie year for quota).

i have done it with an agent and she states that the usual time frame is @2 weeks! but in saying that we will be 2 weeks on wed and nothing yet. i did e mail them just to see if that time frame they gave me was realistic or not....

Guest johnie

hi cuba

we started in feb 08 and got visa in january had to be in oz by the 11 of may but work is hard to find. got a few weeks work through an labour hire company it was only ment to be 2 to 3 days but that getting longer every day i go in. both wife and i have applied for about 50 jobs each and not many replies and the ones that did said they would keep us on file. i think most of the builders are keeping jobs for ozzies. i,m sort of incontacted with one north of brisbane he said everytime he advertise a job he gets about 200 cv,s so there is alot of competition for work. but we are so glad we are not in ireland only here a few weeks but so far we love it so glad we have skilled visa i think we are here to stay

Guest cuba267

Yippeee, we've had the local and european elections....everything is grand now....no need to go anywhere folks........

Guest Samfire

Hi Guys! Anybody trying to sell a house in this standstill economy???? It's stressing me out more than waiting for the visa to come through! We have our house up 3 weeks and not one viewing!!!! We live in a sought after rural area in East Clare and I just can't believe it! Here's hoping things start to look up on the property front!!!

Guest cuba267
Hi Guys! Anybody trying to sell a house in this standstill economy???? It's stressing me out more than waiting for the visa to come through! We have our house up 3 weeks and not one viewing!!!! We live in a sought after rural area in East Clare and I just can't believe it! Here's hoping things start to look up on the property front!!!

We tried to sell a (very small) house in tipperary. Had it on the market until last week - had it on for four months. Only got one offer, way below what we were looking for. We accepted it but then they had difficulty getting a mortgage. So we've taken it off the market now and will be renting it out.

After speaking with loads of professionals about this the main difficulty appears to be people accessing mortgages. Over 80% of mortgage applications are now being turned down. When you have a situation where only 1 in 5 of any potential bidders out there will be refused a mortgage you can see how difficult its going to be in successfully completing a sale.

Guest catty
We tried to sell a (very small) house in tipperary. Had it on the market until last week - had it on for four months. Only got one offer, way below what we were looking for. We accepted it but then they had difficulty getting a mortgage. So we've taken it off the market now and will be renting it out.

After speaking with loads of professionals about this the main difficulty appears to be people accessing mortgages. Over 80% of mortgage applications are now being turned down. When you have a situation where only 1 in 5 of any potential bidders out there will be refused a mortgage you can see how difficult its going to be in successfully completing a sale.

well we are in a similar situation had our humble abode on the market since oct 08 and had 2 viewings, one had sale agreed on another house!!!!! and the other could not get a morgage AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH so now we have decided to rent it when the golden visa comes through.

Guest cuba267
well we are in a similar situation had our humble abode on the market since oct 08 and had 2 viewings, one had sale agreed on another house!!!!! and the other could not get a morgage AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH so now we have decided to rent it when the golden visa comes through.

And its the 'when the golden visa comes through' bit that could be a while. It seems its been a while since a visa was granted....Think the DIAC are waiting until this visa year is over before they start granting any more (1st July).

Guest catty

well, i got my agent to e-mail the diac and they replied that 'a decision would be made soon as all papers were recieved' so i think july will be the decision time. i also asked about the visa quota and she reports that its normally announced when they have reached it but its not unusal for visa grants to slow down this time of year.

Guest hazeotoole

Hey all me and my hubbie are planning to go to Perth as soon as they give us a visa, we are both originally from Dublin but we live in Tipperary now have been here 8 years now. We have 3 kids ages 6, 4, 9 months. Would love to hear from others in the same boat!

Guest catty
anyone have any update on their visa situation?

sadly NOOOOOOOOOOO NEWS agHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:arghh::arghh:

Archived