anyone in here emmigrating from rep of ireland???

Guest shirley v

Guest confused irishman

hi vickey

i do have family.4 children in all. a 2 year old boy,jarrah a 5 year old girl, daihna, a 6 year old boy , joshua and a 15 yearold boy jordan. we are hoping that the family can join me by july sometime. i have a lot of work to do before then. no rest for the wicked. my ears are always open . drop a line anytime.

cheers

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Confused,

Good on ya as the ozzies say, seems your making progress already in a few weeks. My hubbies cousin is in Melbourne while his family are at home, and he is finding it difficult.

We are thinking of doing the same, hubbie reluctant but if that what it takes. We have friends that will help him out at first.

Good luck with the job.

cheers caz

• 6 months later...

Still nothing. Rumours rumours ay. I was so hoping to be today but such is life.

Once its before xmas ill be happy i guess. Good luck to all.

Guest Niamh31
just wondering if there were any irish in here ,were hoping to make the big move asap would like to see if anyone from this neck of the woods is doing the same right now??:smile:

Hey There,

We have been granted our visasa and we're heading off next year!!!Whoooo.... we're aiming for perth as its supposedly more family friendly, cant wait!!!

Hi bcfrug,

Just after checking!!!! a big fat nothing!!! Whats taking them, its been signed off by minister!!!! ahhhhh.

Hi Niamh,

Yes Perth is gorgeous in my opinion, lived there 10 yrs ago when we were backpacking, we got sponsored and stayed 3 years. Trying to go back now. Picked the worst time to try and move over!! Congrats on getting the visa!!!!

cheers cazmayo

Guest Shane&Lynn
Just wanted to say hi, we're Irish, from 'the North'. We've been on the Gold Coast since Jan 09 and couldn't be happier.

Good luck with the process, it's all worth it in the end.

Take care,

Sheena

Helloooo.

We're moving to the Gold coast as sson as the 457 comes through- still hoping to be out for Christmas.

I'm from that great county to the East of tyrone but been living in Manchester for last 13 years and married to a scouser. We will be staying with friends in Mudgeeraba until we find somewhere.

Where are you in the gold coast?

How do you find it there?

Shane

Hi all

We are a family of 5 from the West hoping to head to Melbourne summer 2011.

Hugh move for us but see it as a chance to start over and leave the consistent bad news behind.

I think people who do not live here don't realise how demoralising it is every day to here all the doom and gloom thats out there effecting people's life in a very bad way.

Anyway as the time is approaching (co assigned last week) we are getting nervous about tellling family and friends and also trying to organise the finances( what a crap exhange rate).

Wishing everybody the best.

Paddy

Hi Paddy,

Lucky you, your nearly there!!! I know what you mean, its very depressing living here!!! Before I got out of bed, turned on the tv, and all speculating that the country is broke and will have to be bailed out, of course the gov telling us nothing. There is no more room for cuts in this house, lost our business, had 2 paycuts and just surviving.

We have irish friends in Perth, and there like, what recession!!! loads of work, get over here.

So best of luck, Im from Mayo, if you hadnt guessed from my name!!!! haha.

Yes the exchange rate is crap!!!! so the faster you get earning dollars the better. Only exchange what you have to. Its painful exchanging at 1.4 when you use to get 1:2.

So if you brought 100,000 you would only get 140,000 instead of 200,000. Putting alot of people off.

cheers cazmayo

Hi Maria,

If you call to your local Gardai Station they will give you the form it is just one sheet of paper that you can fill in there and then and hand it back to them,which is handy,

Another thing to notice if you had a one year work hoilday for oz ,nz etc; you will need that also the oz one costs money (35 euro) and like the rest is valid for a year.

I thought it would be a good idea to do meds in march this year thinking that i was bound to get a case officer within a year which i did thankfully on the 1 nov, but heard if i do get my visa soon i have to enter the country before the meds expire! not sure if thats 100% right i think it is though, knowing that i would have held off on the meds until i got the case officer just to give me a bit of room after i got the visa but police check is free in ireland so what harm.

Hi Maria,

If you call to your local Gardai Station they will give you the form it is just one sheet of paper that you can fill in there and then and hand it back to them,which is handy,

Another thing to notice if you had a one year work hoilday for oz ,nz etc; you will need that also the oz one costs money (35 euro) and like the rest is valid for a year.

I thought it would be a good idea to do meds in march this year thinking that i was bound to get a case officer within a year which i did thankfully on the 1 nov, but heard if i do get my visa soon i have to enter the country before the meds expire! not sure if thats 100% right i think it is though, knowing that i would have held off on the meds until i got the case officer just to give me a bit of room after i got the visa but police check is free in ireland so what harm.

Thanks, we are going on a 457 in Jan/ Feb /march not too sure yet, so I am hoping if I have a co by then, if i front load and explain our situation they could go ahead and grant the visa before we enter Australia,It would save us a trip out of oz for the grant.

I know its a long shot but here's hoping.

Think your right about your meds its one year but i have heard they can extend them by 6 months so it might give you a bit more breathing space.

Exciting times ahead for both of us were you heading ? we're off to NSW.

Can't wait.......

Maria.

We are of to Victoria due to the 176 ss ,originally it was a 175 and we intended to move to Sydney as Tracey's sister and best mate are there and my mate also but as with the messing on DIAC behalf we'll have to live in Melbourne for two years, we lived in both before for a while and would prefer Sydney more,

I'll tell you what though i would move to Mars tomorrow just to get a break from this place! It,s tough on the ears!!!!

We are of to Victoria due to the 176 ss ,originally it was a 175 and we intended to move to Sydney as Tracey's sister and best mate are there and my mate also but as with the messing on DIAC behalf we'll have to live in Melbourne for two years, we lived in both before for a while and would prefer Sydney more,

I'll tell you what though i would move to Mars tomorrow just to get a break from this place! It,s tough on the ears!!!!

You'll love Melbourne! Best spot in Australia!!

We have irish friends in Perth, and there like, what recession!!! loads of work, get over here.

My family and friends back home in Oz are the same. It's hard explaining how bad things really are. It doesn't seem like it could be true.

• 2 months later...

Great to know there's Irish people on this, we're a young couple from Dublin wanting to start a life for ourselves, our future is fairly bleak here!! One on the dole and myself getting wage cuts every six months now!!! I find this forum so much more informative than the Irish oz forum. We're just starting the process(today in fact) and hope to be in Australia on the central coast this time next year. Does anybody know the central coast very well?we're looking for somewhere on the coast beside the beach north of terrigal.

Was very reluctant about leaving but as this country just seems to get worse by the day the government has decided for us!!! So roll on employment!!!! Has any1 from Ireland shipped a dog with them, just wondering how they're dogs coped with the flight.

Great to know there's Irish people on this, we're a young couple from Dublin wanting to start a life for ourselves, our future is fairly bleak here!! One on the dole and myself getting wage cuts every six months now!!! I find this forum so much more informative than the Irish oz forum. We're just starting the process(today in fact) and hope to be in Australia on the central coast this time next year. Does anybody know the central coast very well?we're looking for somewhere on the coast beside the beach north of terrigal.

Was very reluctant about leaving but as this country just seems to get worse by the day the government has decided for us!!! So roll on employment!!!! Has any1 from Ireland shipped a dog with them, just wondering how they're dogs coped with the flight.

Hey,

im in melbourne, so dont really know anything about central coast yet (and cant help you about the dog either) but there is another irish thread on this site that gets used /updated most days - maybe if you post on that one , someone might be able to help you.

the thread is " Is there any irish thread??? "

Archived