Defacto 47SP - Stat Declarations & Birth Certs

SIN

Hi everyone, I am new to this and joined as saw so much useful information on here to help us with our application. We are beginning the process of the defacto and have started just downloading forms and having a look at what we need.

I note that we need to get stat declarations of friends which is fine but can anyone answer whether family and friends who do these need to send us copies of birth certs and passports?

Also we are applying in the UK but my partner is Australian living here withme, do we need to get australian police checks? We have been together 5 years now always in the UK.

Sorry if these questions have been asked before ? Help appreciated

Thank you in advance

S

Guest proud2beaussie

Just one question,you say that your partner is Australian and has lived with you in the UK for five years,is your partner an Australian citizen? because if they are I can't understand why you would be

applying for a 475 visa which is a provisional skilled sponsored visa.

If your partner is a citizen of Australia then you could surely apply for a spouse temporary or permanent visa (SC's 309 or 100) or a prospective marriage visa (SC 300)?

As I understand it the process of applying for a spousal visa would be quite quick compared to a 475 Spousal visa.

As regards the statutory declaration side of things as I understand it the people who sign stat decs for yu would only need to have their declarations witnessed by an authorised person,they may need to take identification with them when they do so but I see no need to send birth certificates .

As for police checks I think (not sure) that they are only necessary for people who have ever spent more than 12 months in Australia,so that would mean your OH.

Good luck,hope this helps.

N'OZ

Guest Nadjez

yeah stat dec s have to be from at least 2 ozzie citezens who know you both or of ur relatonship. you could get ur parents from uk to do a supporting statement which is like a stat dec but isn't classed as that as they aren't ozzie, they have to sign thir statement infront of jp or in uk a solicitor or jp or someone like that, it has to be dtated as well, you need a photocopy of there passport which also has to be stamped , dated and signed by jp etc, they have to go along with their passport to show the person that it is an original copy and they are who they say they are, and thats what will be stamped on the photocopy.

Again have you been in oz for 12 months at all you will need an oz police check also.

double check but pretty sure this is how it goes. we just got stat decs from family and friends

goodluck

Nigel, thanks for that. Yes it is the 309 visa, my mistake was referring to the form to be filled out which is numbered 47SP. We will be together for 5 years in September so hopefully that will help us . MY partner is an australian citizen but has been living here in the UK for 5 years. We are just beginning our planning as the economy is not great here in the UK for him as a contractor and we may need to go to Oz for his work so bit up in the air at the moment!

One other thing I would like to know (and Im sure there will be much much more), once your visa is granted (pray to god it will!), how long does it give you to make the move? Also wondering how long is the validity for medical and police checks from the UK ?

This is a fantastic site and sharing knowledge and wisdom is dearly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest proud2beaussie

Hi Sin,

When you apply for the Spousal visa you are effectively applying for two visas at once.

If you are unable to be granted a permanent spouse visa (SC100) at the time of application and you fit all the criteria you will get a temporary spouse visa (SC309) which will be valid for as long as it takes to make a decision on your application for a permanent visa,this is normally about two years but could be shorter or longer than that.

Once you are granted a permanent spouse visa you can remain in Australia permanently.

If you are granted a permanent visa straight away you have 5 years in which to move.

Hope this helps.

Nigelinoz

Archived