You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Luella2

Any Primary teachers out there?

Hi just wanted to ask what the work situation is like for Primary teachers? I have 10 years teaching experience and have been thinking about WA as have heard its difficult to get work in other areas. Has anyone gone out and managed to get a permenant job? is there much supply work about?

Thanks

Hi Tina

Are you 3 year or 4 year trained as a teacher? That's the most important thing for now....

Rudi

Hi Tina

Are you 3 year or 4 year trained as a teacher? That's the most important thing for now....

Rudi

Hi Rudi

4 years training - 3 year honours degree and then PGCE on top. Had my skills assessed and got my PR visa and now looking for work. My husband is a scientific engineer and has applied for jobs but no luck yet so we thought I would give it a go. We're not confident enough to move without one of us having a job. But not sure what the situation is for teachers getting jobs from UK I emailed NSW education dept but they won't register me until I am in the country. I then read on here that there is more work in WA so thought I would give that a go as my husband is thinking of a career change and going into IT and there seems to be a real shortage of IT professionals around Perth. Any advice greatly appreciated as we have had our visa for a year now and don't seem to be getting any nearer to moving.

Thanks